Tyrod Development. Extend HIm

wettlaufer

I'm having trouble with Tyrod staying as the QB after each week I watch his game. Looked like he was coached to throw balls over the middle and actually completed quite a few in what looked like miserable conditions to throw and catch the ball.

Forgive me as I fast forwarded through most of the game, but Pittsburgh looked to be geared up to stop the run and keep Tyrod from scrambling and it looked like he took what he could get for the most part. Although it was too little too late and may have been Pittsburgh's prevent defense at least they finally had a semblance of a comeback in the 4th quarter.

As an optimist, I'd like to see if they can let Tyrod try to be the pocket QB who can make throws over the middle to inferiors defenses before we give up on him as our QB. Let the chips fall at the end of the season.

Tyrod is done. Can't go forward with him. Way to easy to defense and can't do basic QB things. It's over for him, he had his chance and failed epicly.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

2 years as a starter with 4 years sitting behind a real QB to learn how to do the job is 6 years how much more time do YOU need to figure it out that he is a NFL 2nd string QB just like our coach !!

Extending him would be another Fitzmagic blunder typical of the Bills but i'm hoping Whaley has learned from recent mistakes so the Bills future can change sooner than later ...

Edited by T master

It's 2002 and Amazon JUST printed a profit for the first time? Sell it! SELL IT!

"Hey, honey! Junior just took another few steps!" WHAT? SELL HIM. Not progressing quickly enough!

You know who sucked his first two seasons? Total bust. Let's blow it up! Yeah, Eric Moulds.

Extend Tyrod (again) and he's the bottom half of QB starter salaries in third year of extension.

The Greatest Show on Turf would have been the Greatest Show on Turd on that field today.

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? When the going gets tough...the tough get going! Who's with me?! Ahhhhhhh!

this is a great analogy if It was Taylors 2 or 3 start.

its his 20+ start and he is regressing, not improving.

But I think you have some unresolved issues with Amazon stock, since you seem to constantly bring it up. Were you one of those people?

this is a great analogy if It was Taylors 2 or 3 start.

its his 20+ start and he is regressing, not improving.

But I think you have some unresolved issues with Amazon stock, since you seem to constantly bring it up. Were you one of those people?

Yup

IMO, his regression is due to d coordinators figuring him out, "make him be a QB". He's done in the league, maybe a backup somewhere, he won't start anywhere.

I still have some hope that TT will develop into a franchise QB. But it's not a lot of hope.

Then there's the pragmatic issue: who else is available?

I say sign him to a renegotiated contract and do our best to find a good QB (FA or draft) in the offseason. TT will be our insurance policy in case we can't find an improvement.

Not sure what game people were watching, but Tyrod was throwing darts over the middle of the field, hitting WR and TE. Putting a spy on him to keep him in the pocket forces the issue and also keeps LBers wide. That opens up the middle. A good complete game for our QB in those conditions.

The fact people want to run him out of town after, what, 28 starts, is crazy. QBs don't develop overnight. This is like the people who sold Amazon in 2001 because it was immature and wasn't producing earnings. You have to take a longer view in investing and in the development of QBs. Some develop early, some later.

It would be a mistake not to extend Tyrod given his development and tools (including his intelligence).

I'm with you. Tyrod is still our best option. Give him another year.

yeah no way we will pick up the option now as TT has regressed considerably... I figured he was good enough as a stop gap but that ship is sailing to far away from shore for me now..

if we are going ot clean house then clean house, but it will be another 3- 5 years before we ever come close to thinking playoffs again