Will Tyrod Start vs. The Browns? Rex answers "We'll See"

26CornerBlitz

I think this is probably the case. No coach would design a one dimensional very run heavy offense if he thought that his QB was a good passer.

your talking about Rex here,he loves oldschool football, too bad he has preschool intelegence and ability.

* sorry, I apologize to all preschoolers for insulting them like that*

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It just totally sucks that we have to talk about a complete re-boot yet again instead of who's coming to Orchard park for round one of the playoffs.

This chat site gets its rocks off watching people get fired. I hate it. I miss having continuity and a chance at winning.

Probably gonna be an ugly off-season and false hopes for yet another season next year.

Yea, I am VERY frustrated.

Don't direct your hate to the posters here, especially the ones that had the foresight to see that Rex and Tyrod were both in over their heads here. Hate Rex for not knowing how to coach. Or hate Tyrod for not being able to read defenses. Or hate the Pegulas for hiring the wrong coach to start off with. Pretty sure the posters here have NOTHING to do with what happens on or off the field with this franchise.

Cardale please. I have seen enough of Tyrod. He has failed and we need to see what we have with Cardale before the year ends.

no they don't have to see anything, he was drafted as a project expecting he would take some time, he didn't have much experience in college as a starter, even if he looks good against the Browns, Jets and Dolphins, that's not enough to say they have someone capable. Let him spend the rest of the season on the bench then let him compete in training camp. Either let Taylor finish the season and just open things up, or give the ball to EJ to ride out the year.

From Skurski's article: " Playing Taylor the rest of the way exposes him to the risk of injury. If that happens, his contract option for next year is guaranteed."

If this is true, and you've decided you were not going to pick up the option, why would you let him sniff the field the last three games

that would be so Bills luck to have Taylor get a serious injury that would guarantee the contract in one of the last few games this year.....

If there's any chance Ryan will be able to keep his job, the odds say he needs to go with a quarterback with experience. His best bet is therefore to stick with TT, which is unfortunate because Cardaele needs to play. If you remove Rex from the equation, logic dictates that you make a switch at this point. Actually, logic aside, if Jones shows he can play Rex might keep his job. That would also be unfortunate.

If there's any chance Ryan will be able to keep his job, the odds say he needs to go with a quarterback with experience. His best bet is therefore to stick with TT, which is unfortunate because Cardaele needs to play. If you remove Rex from the equation, logic dictates that you make a switch at this point. Actually, logic aside, if Jones shows he can play Rex might keep his job. That would also be unfortunate.

the only reason for Jones to play is so that the fans can satisfy their own curiosity and speculation on whether he can play. The front office know what they have, a qb with potential that needs time to work on his skills and learn the role better because he had little experience as a starter in college. He is a high ceiling project who should not see the field this year, if TT is no longer starting, it's EJ time for the next 3 games

the only reason for Jones to play is so that the fans can satisfy their own curiosity and speculation on whether he can play. The front office know what they have, a qb with potential that needs time to work on his skills and learn the role better because he had little experience as a starter in college. He is a high ceiling project who should not see the field this year, if TT is no longer starting, it's EJ time for the next 3 games

I agree 100%. I like Jones and am glad we drafted him, but don't rush it. 3 games is enough time to develop bad habits if he's not ready. Sounds like the Bills don't think he's ready. Don't rush just for giggles the last few games.

I've already decided that if Tyrod gets the nod against the Browns I won't watch. I would not enjoy for one second watching him beat one of the worst teams ever amassed in the history of the sport. It would do nothing for me. I don't even know how many games over the last ten years I've watched after we've been eliminated from the playoffs. For whatever reason I just don't have it in me.

Playing QB is at it's easiest when you have a successful running game that D's have to respect. TT sees stacked boxes every game and can't take advantage of it.

What makes anybody think he could be successful without that advantage?

while he has issues seeing the middle, he also is reluctant to take chances. Lynn should tell him to start winging it. They've got, he's got, three games to let them see if he's capable. I hope they try it.

What does 3 games against crappy teams prove at this point?

As someone pointed out, Simms said, and it's not a bad idea. Three games of playing pass first, and tell Tyrod to take some chances. We've seen enough of conservative Tyrod, see if he can repeat his Seattle performance. Or do you think they should have the same run-first mentality that we've already seen too much of?