Raspberry Pi - Making a Nintendo

Jauronimo

I got tired of waiting for the NES Classic Edition re-release and stumbled on this article describing how to make a mutant Nintendo/Atari/Sega/Playstation with a Raspberry Pi (or rhubarb pie as the cool kids are calling it) and some free open source software.

http://lifehacker.com/how-to-turn-your-raspberry-pi-into-a-retro-game-console-498561192

I know I've just scratched the surface on what you can do with this thing. Anyone have projects they've worked on? What else should I be doing with this Pi?

P.S. I'll spare you the trouble: Yes, I thought about going all Jason Biggs on on my rig but none of the ports are big enough. Next.

Edited by Jauronimo

Discord. High quality, free and don't need to host.

For a handful of buddies gaming Mumble is fine

I've got a cluster of PIs, doing physics simulations.

Because I can.

And by Physics simulations he means automated message board posting "You're an idiot"

For a handful of buddies gaming Mumble is fine

And by Physics simulations he means automated message board posting "You're an idiot"

No, actual physics simulations.

The DC-Tom-bot is a background service on my Windows workstation.

Retropie based emulator is up and running. Going to install KODI soon and try to set up some kind of media center.

Is it worth partitioning my SD drive and running both retropie and raspian? Looks like Raspian has a lot of potential but for what, I have no idea.

Retropie based emulator is up and running. Going to install KODI soon and try to set up some kind of media center.

Is it worth partitioning my SD drive and running both retropie and raspian? Looks like Raspian has a lot of potential but for what, I have no idea.

Dual booting a Raspberry Pi :lol:

Just buy another SD card and swap out as needed

For your Media Center project, put the media on a network share or USB drive. SD cards weren't designed as a long term storage solution. Just run the OS on the SD card so if/when itwears out you won't lose your data.

Dual booting a Raspberry Pi :lol:

Just buy another SD card and swap out as needed

For your Media Center project, put the media on a network share or USB drive. SD cards weren't designed as a long term storage solution. Just run the OS on the SD card so if/when itwears out you won't lose your data.

Can't you configure a Pi to boot from USB? I recall reading that somewhere, but never tried it (and don't believe anything I read anyway.)