Raspberry Pi - Making a Nintendo

Jauronimo

My Raspberry Pi/Retropie has been nearly flawless. 2 bluetooth controllers have worked and the whole thing has been pretty much seamless with 800 games for a few months.

I also have a NES Classic that I got. It was very easy to hack and you can put up to around 90 games on it. I have about 80.

I would give the nod to the Raspberry Pi though tbh for a few reasons. Obvious being, you also have Sega and SNES, atari, etc capability. Second, the bluetooth and controllers I have (8bitdo) is great. They run $30-$40 each though, I bought 2. The NES Classic's cord is like 2 feet. Mine came with a 3rd party wireless that has a split second lag (which makes the very challenging games impossible), and also will lose connection every now and then, resulting in certain death.

They do have 8bitdo available now with an NES Classic Adapter. I dont want to spend another $60-$80 on controllers.

Also, with NES Classic, you have to get up and press the reset button to change titles and/or save your game. With Retropie, it is all basically hot-keyed. However, I think I read that with the 8bitdo controllers, you can hot-key the reset button.

So basically, if you want an NES Classic, get 1 or 2 8bitdo controllers. https://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Controller-Bluetooth-Nintendo-Entertainment-System/dp/B01MTQ9QPB

My Raspberry Pi/Retropie has been nearly flawless. 2 bluetooth controllers have worked and the whole thing has been pretty much seamless with 800 games for a few months.

I also have a NES Classic that I got. It was very easy to hack and you can put up to around 90 games on it. I have about 80.

I would give the nod to the Raspberry Pi though tbh for a few reasons. Obvious being, you also have Sega and SNES, atari, etc capability. Second, the bluetooth and controllers I have (8bitdo) is great. They run $30-$40 each though, I bought 2. The NES Classic's cord is like 2 feet. Mine came with a 3rd party wireless that has a split second lag (which makes the very challenging games impossible), and also will lose connection every now and then, resulting in certain death.

They do have 8bitdo available now with an NES Classic Adapter. I dont want to spend another $60-$80 on controllers.

Also, with NES Classic, you have to get up and press the reset button to change titles and/or save your game. With Retropie, it is all basically hot-keyed. However, I think I read that with the 8bitdo controllers, you can hot-key the reset button.

So basically, if you want an NES Classic, get 1 or 2 8bitdo controllers. https://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Controller-Bluetooth-Nintendo-Entertainment-System/dp/B01MTQ9QPB

Ohoho

those are epic