Rex Ryan for GM??

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pros:

1) He has the Pegulas ear(s)...they like him.

2) Has been involved in an assortment of positions in the NFL.

3) He knows all the "players" (coaches, agents, players, colleges, etc)

4) It would take him off the sideline as a coach

5) Intelligence

6) Respected in NFL circles

7) Can identify talent (Ed Reed, Mo Wilkerson, Ivory, Mo Lewis, etc.)

8) Can work with others and plays his cards close to the vest.

9) It would take him off the sidelines as a coach x2

10) *add your own thoughts*

Oh come on man.

You're just trying to stir the pot.

This is the sort of thread that will end up being 20 pages long, all about nothing.

:lol:

.500 or better in each of the past two seasons puts us in an exclusive club? If so, imagine what Rex (as coach) could have done if he had the right horses in the barn? Doug is the one who put this team of mules together...Rex is just playing the hand he was dealt.

In each of the last 2 seasons? No, it certainly doesn't. But if we continue to win at that rate this year, then yes, we'll be in about the top 25% of the league in terms of success over the last 3 years, and that's with switching head coaches, quarterbacks, offensive, defensive, and special teams coordinators--not to mention a rash of injuries. The other teams on that list (NE, GB, KC, PIT, SEA, DEN) are the NFL's elite. What that tells me, is that the Bills are building/have built a successful organization--and when that bears fruit (this year? next? the following?) it's likely to place us in the upper echelon of teams, and legitimately lead to another "golden age" of Bills football.

If the feat is so easily accomplished, I would expect to see some teams like Dallas, Carolina, NYG, Baltimore, etc. etc. on that list. But they're not, and we are.

Don't be so eager to blow this up.

We're damn close.. DAMN close.

He identified Tyrod Taylor as a franchise QB so that shows his GM abilities.

I think he picked Tyrod cuz he knew he could win with him as long as he had the 2014 Version of the Bills defense. That may have been the case but the 2015-2016 Bills defense is a different animal and doesnt have the horses or coaching to win with a QB at Tyrods level of learning/development/progress/preformance.

Pros:

1) He has the Pegulas ear(s)...they like him.

2) Has been involved in an assortment of positions in the NFL.

3) He knows all the "players" (coaches, agents, players, colleges, etc)

4) It would take him off the sideline as a coach

5) Intelligence

6) Respected in NFL circles

7) Can identify talent (Ed Reed, Mo Wilkerson, Ivory, Mo Lewis, etc.)

8) Can work with others and plays his cards close to the vest.

9) It would take him off the sidelines as a coach x2

10) *add your own thoughts*

I honestly think this has merit.

So you are saying you should have posted thread?

boomity boom boom

:D

Let's promote the slowest, most incompetent burger flipper so he can no longer grill and slow down production. If he does not go at least 9-7 or losses to the Browns he is done like dinner.

Thats how it's done where I work.

Whats the problem?

I think that sounds like a reason to let him pick his own coach and let him and his team have their shot at a high round Quarterback.

If he had done a bad job in other areas I'd say don't give him those shots but he hasn't.

If the Bills want to clear house I could understand that. But when it comes to ranking what is holding this team back Doug is way down the list as far as I am concerned. If I was Terry Pegula I would be keeping him and stepping back myself.

I know you like whaley but if we are not judging him on wins then look at the Talent; Sadly Buddy Nix has more pro bowlers than Whaley does. He has made some bold moves but at what cost and has gotten players with potential but were able to get them because they were damaged goods. Bottom line is our talent is just not good enough and his total neglect of RT is egregious and honestly I don't trust him to pick a QB with the three we already have let alone find a coach.

Sadly, more like another season to go.

UGH!

No, I was told it by someone who would likely know and who I have no reason to disbelieve. Take that how you want. My understanding is that Whaley was asked to rank the candidates after the first round of interviews and Hue was ranked number 1.

He may have done worse than Rex in which case I'd have fired him and the GM who hired him.

just curious, being from England who do you know that would know?

Thats how it's done where I work.

Whats the problem?

Mine too lol, although just recently that changed out most of the foreman who were inadequate and put in guys that have a clue of what's going on.