I hate to be that guy

I could buy that argument if the D had stopped the Raiders more than ONCE the entire second half... I mean 28 points in 1 1/2 quarters!!! That has be a record!

Buffalo actually did the same thing to the raiders in week 5 in the 1990 season. Buffalo scored 28 points with 6 minutes in the 4th quarter.

For those of you holding out hope...

Week 14: Bills beat Steelers, Pats beat Ravens, Titans beat Broncos

Week 15: Bills beat Browns, Pats beat Broncos, Chiefs beat Titans

Week 16: Bills beat Dolphins, Steelers beat Ravens, Chiefs beat Broncos

Week 17: Bills beat Jets

If all of those happen, and if the Dolphins don't beat the Cardinals, Patriots and Jets (in other words, just lose one of those three games), then we're in.

Other than the Bills beating the Steelers, many of those outcomes are realistic. So I think the intent of the original post was, just figure out a way to win Sunday and you can see a path to the playoffs.

Finally, somebody with the slightest bit of deductive reasoning got what he meant.

Edited by PHXBillsfan

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Buffalo actually did the same thing to the raiders in week 5 in the 1990 season. Buffalo scored 28 points with 6 minutes in the 4th quarter.

Finally, somebody with the slightest bit of deductive reasoning got what he meant.

I am holding out hope. Why not? I'm not expecting it, so I won't be disappointed if it doesn't happen, but it's not like it's the biggest longshot ever. Every year a team squeaks in like Redskins last year, Chargers a couple years ago, with end of the season stars aligning. IMO it's what makes sports fun... not going to sit around in misery until I have a reason. Edited by YoloinOhio

time to up your autism meds, dude, your human emotion translation routines aren't working correctly

Very classy post, but I am all good, and hoping for a big W this weekend. You?

Their remaining schedule isnt that easy. Those are divisional games, those games are never easy. Were 1-3 in our division, the Jets aintgonna roll over and die for us, and the Fins have a decent D and a better QB than we do.

Disagree about the Jets, they closed up shop for the season last week. I think we beat the Fins too, Tanny is still terrible, deep down.

Their remaining schedule isnt that easy. Those are divisional games, those games are never easy. Were 1-3 in our division, the Jets aintgonna roll over and die for us, and the Fins have a decent D and a better QB than we do.

"Isn't that easy?" How could it possibly be easier? The worst team in football at home, an 8-8 type team at home and then maybe the second worst team in football (with Petty) on the road. See, I love how we're an 8-8 type team and we suck and then teams that actually do suck are actually "not that bad."

"Isn't that easy?" How could it possibly be easier? The worst team in football at home, an 8-8 type team at home and then maybe the second worst team in football (with Petty) on the road. See, I love how we're an 8-8 type team and we suck and then teams that actually do suck are actually "not that bad."

Man, im not chalking up any divisional games as wins for us right now. You know what im saying, you know football well enough to realize that. Im not saying i think we will lose to the jets, we need that win for our triumphant march to 8-8. But dont pretend for a second that its an automatic win

Man, im not chalking up any divisional games as wins for us right now. You know what im saying, you know football well enough to realize that. Im not saying i think we will lose to the jets, we need that win for our triumphant march to 8-8. But dont pretend for a second that its an automatic win

The Browns are not even an automatic win. But to say our schedule isn't easy kind of begs the question, if the Browns, Jets and Dolphins at home isn't easy, then what is? I suppose if the Dolphins game was against the 49ers instead, that would be the easiest the schedule could possibly be. Either way, I would venture to guess they have about as easy a last three games as any team in football. Again, Denver's (the primary team we'd be chasing if we win on Sunday) last three games are against New England, Kansas City and Oakland.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

I consider myself one of the more cynical fans of this team. But the way many on this board have gone on to suicide watch after losing on the road to a 10-2 team has me scratching my head. No, they didn't look good for about 50% of that game. But people are acting like it was some national embarrassment. We got beat by a better team. End of story.

And now, everyone seems to think we're getting demolished by the Steelers? Why? They're another middling team just like us and they're not good on the road.

Everyone needs some perspective here. We're 6-6, not 1-11. We have dealt with more injuries to big name players than most teams and now they're slowly coming back. We're about as healthy as we've been all year going into this game, assuming Woods and Darby can play.

As the OP said, if we win this game (and I think we will), I say we win out and make it. Rematch at Heinz Field on wild card weekend.

But if they somehow figure out a way to beat the Steelers (I know, I don't think they will either), their path to the playoffs is actually pretty favorable- especially after the Jets' performance last night. I know, I know, they're a bunch of bums, Tyrod Taylor sucks, Rex needs to go, we're in the same spot we're always in at this point in the season, etc., etc. Just saying, on paper, they figure out a way to beat the Steelers, going 10-6 is well within their means and after spending some time looking at it yesterday, 10-6 MUCH more than likely gets them in. Key game will be New England beating Denver for us. That happens and I'd put it at 90%. Now crucify me.

If we beat Pittsburgh then we lose to Cleveland either way we are out.