Is Getting Joe Thomas Still Laughable?

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

I am a believer that sometimes it is better to build a dominate unit rather than fill needs. Joe Thomas's trade value is probably at an all-time low. I wouldn't be surprised if could be had for a 5th or a 6th. The Browns may flat out release him. So why not pursue this option for RT. He is making $10 million per for two more seasons, which I know is a lot for RT, but you would have maybe the best RT in the game. We would immediately go from a very good offensive line to a great to dominant one. I think this could improve the offensive consistency greatly.

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

Isn't it over a month late to think about this. Couldn't happen until next year now if everyone even wanted it to happen.

I mean in the off-season.

I am a believer that sometimes it is better to build a dominate unit rather than fill needs. Joe Thomas's trade value is probably at an all-time low. I wouldn't be surprised if could be had for a 5th or a 6th. The Browns may flat out release him. So why not pursue this option for RT. He is making $10 million per for two more seasons, which I know is a lot for RT, but you would have maybe the best RT in the game. We would immediately go from a very good offensive line to a great to dominant one. I think this could improve the offensive consistency greatly.

It's "dominant"......not "dominate", btw.

It's also "instinctive" not "instinctual".

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

It's "dominant"......not "dominate", btw.

It's also "instinctive" not "instinctual".

Thanks for pointing it out although not necessary as it was a typo. As evidenced by it being used properly later in the paragraph.

I find it funny you think his trade Value is a 5th or 6th actually.

Try 2ns or multiple 3rds

Edited by MAJBobby

Exactly but hey Browns are gonna drop that price to a 6th

I'd love Joe Thomas but acquisition price is a stumbling block. As is his salary and would he really want to transition to RT?

There's about 25 teams out there where Thomas is a big upgrade at LT. I think the Browns FO would do right by him and at least canvass his opinion prior to it.

From CLE.

@MaryKayCabot

#Browns Hue Jax on if Joe Thomas' name comes up again in draft day trade talks: "That's not happening (or) I'm going with him''

So getting Joe Thomas is in fact still laughable. Close thread. Case closed.

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

So getting Joe Thomas is in fact still laughable. Close thread. Case closed.

A head coach saying that a loved player on his team is going nowhere mid-season is something that should be taken as Gospel. Also, although I think Hue Jackson is a fine coach, if he goes 0-16, I doubt he will have a choice. Not his fault because they gave him a roster that may be literally impossible to win a game with, but if you go 0-16, you pretty much have to be fired.

A head coach saying that a loved player on his team is going nowhere mid-season is something that should be taken as Gospel. Also, although I think Hue Jackson is a fine coach, if he goes 0-16, I doubt he will have a choice. Not his fault because they gave him a roster that may be literally impossible to win a game with, but if you go 0-16, you pretty much have to be fired.

They are not firing Hugh and they are not Trading Joe Thomas for a 5th or 6th either

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

A year ago, Denver wanted him. Browns wanted Thomas & 4th, for their 1st, 2nd & 3rd.

I think with DePodesta, they might be a little more willing to move a 32 player considering there situation, even if that player is one of the best at his position.

They are not firing Hugh and they are not Trading Joe Thomas for a 5th or 6th either

Maybe not a 5th or 6th but is DePodesta going to let a 32 year old tackle's trade value decrease gradually without trying to get max value for him? Considering their current approach to the draft, I think it may be easier to get him then some think.

This is missing the point. The Bills aren't losing football games because of their o line. One of the best rushing teams in the NFL and I believe there is a stat where Tyrod has the most time to pass if any qb.

I love Thomas but he isn't changing anything. I mean just look at Cleveland.