Week 14: Steelers' Game Preparation - Inactives Announced

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bills have an open roster spot with Harvin going to the NFI list:

@MatthewFairburn

The Bills signed CB Charles Gaines to their practice squad.

@AroundTheNFL

CzFQ70wVEAABv90.jpg

@ChrisTrapasso

More on new #Bills practice squad CB Charles Gaines. 5'10" / 189. Converted from WR to CB early in CFB career. 17 PD & 6 INTs in two seasons

@SalSports

Rex opens by talking about Eric Wood being selected Bills' NFL Man of the Year nominee.

@MatthewFairburn

Rex Ryan: "We have to win this game to have any hopes of being in the playoffs."

@ChrisBrownBills

Rex- Steelers playing well. Have improved defensively. Haven't given up more than 14 Pts in last 3 gms. #Bills

@JonTWCNews

Rex raving about #Steelers RB Leveon Bell. Power, speed, patience. "Oh by the way Ben Roethlisberger and Antonio Brown." #Bills

@MatthewFairburn

Rex Ryan" "I think our crowd's going to be into in. I don't think there's any doubt."

@buffalobills

"We know we have to win this game to have any hopes of playoffs. Pittsburgh is playing extremely well...We have to be at our very best."

CzFmCYHWgAAottC.jpg
@JoeBuscaglia

#Bills HC Rex Ryan says a key to bring Roethlisberger down is to try and knock the football out.

@SalSports

Rex on Ben: Says they have some guys on D that won't even be able to bring him down. So they have to gameplan knowing that.

Interesting there about gameplan vs. Ben. Rex pretty much saying smaller guys need to go for ball not sack when around him.

@MatthewFairburn

Rex Ryan: "It's not a wasted season. There's a reason we're still in this, and (LeSean McCoy) is a big reason why."

@SalSports

Robert Woods limited today in practice. He has yet to practice since injury.

@JonTWCNews

Rex once again using WR injuries as explanation for why #Bills passing game isn't performing great.

@salmaiorana

Rex continuing to express his full confidence in Tyrod Taylor. Says he can be an outstanding QB

@ChrisBrownBills

Rex- not going to evaluate individual players (Tyrod) now. That will take place at season's end. Focused on beating Pittsburgh. #Bills

@SalSports

Sammy felt better physically after this game than last game. - Rex

@PrescottRossi

Rex Ryan: "I think Tyrod's had a lot of really good games for us, like our football team, had some games that aren't quite to that level."

@JoeBuscaglia

#Bills HC Rex Ryan says he's noticed the heat on Tyrod Taylor. Says everyone has right to an opinion. "This is strictly about Pittsburgh"

@NickVeronica

Rex Ryan says Sammy Watkins was less sore after playing 49 snaps (68%) vs. Raiders than he was after playing less vs. Jags.

@JoeBuscaglia

Lerentee McCray, Cordy Glenn, Sammy Watkins, Lorenzo Alexander all are projected to not practice today. #Bills

#Bills HC Rex Ryan says CB Ronald Darby will be limited today.

@ChrisBrownBills

Limited for #Bills in practice today - Darby, Clay, Woods.

@thadbrown7

Sounds like Sammy Watkins is in #Bills Wednesday off plan. Not practicing, but no real danger to miss game. Glenn/Clay/Alexander do it lots.

@PrescottRossi

Rex Ryan: "This is where we are and we're ready to roll on [the Steelers] and we know the importance of beating this football team."

And thus concludes another Rex Ryan media day press conference.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

dammit...how am i NOT supposed to watch this game if Tracy Wolfson is part of the crew??????? :wub:

@mikerodak

Bills WR Robert Woods (knee) has returned to practice Wednesday in a limited capacity.

CzFr3FbUUAAS-La.jpg

@SalSports

WR Robert Woods. Left knee wrapped.

CzFsIwiWIAQmlcF.jpg

@SalSports

In early pursuit drill, Darby starting CB opposite Gilmore. Just noting because he's limited as he got out of concussion protocol.

@viccarucci

#Bills LB Zach Brown limps into the trainer's room early during indoor practice.

@viccarucci

Zach Brown returns to practice.

@PrescottRossi

Sammy Watkins watching practice from the sideline. I get the impression that this is a rest day if Rex Ryan is to be believed.

CzFvV_NUUAEy8js.jpg

@ChrisBrownBills

Despite calls for Alexander to take a rest day Lorenzo is out here participating. #Bills

Gilmore follows Brown around he might set a record for yards.

Right, because....wait, that's not right at all. Gilmore's been excellent for all but two games. Two very, very bad games.

But yeah, look at the way Allen Robinson abused him for 1 catch and -1 yard. Crabtree and Cooper really took him to the woodshed last week with a combined 3 receptions against him too (plus a 15-yard unsportsmanlike penalty in the red zone for Crabtree).

I swear, some fans don't care what really happened; better to simply make stuff up.

Right, because....wait, that's not right at all. Gilmore's been excellent for all but two games. Two very, very bad games.

But yeah, look at the way Allen Robinson abused him for 1 catch and -1 yard. Crabtree and Cooper really took him to the woodshed last week with a combined 3 receptions against him too (plus a 15-yard unsportsmanlike penalty in the red zone for Crabtree).

I swear, some fans don't care what really happened; better to simply make stuff up.

Reality doesn't matter when one is stuck in a fog of negativity. Everything and everyone is horrible.

He did pick up a pretty big PI penalty as well

@PrescottRossi

Tyrod Taylor on Rex saying he's been without top WR's: "Guys haven't complained. We've dealt with it... The offensive scheme stays the same"

@JaySkurski

Tyrod Taylor on the criticism he's facing: "Don't see it, don't hear it." #Bills

@SalSports

LeSean McCoy just said he was asked on Steelers media conf call if he was to throw another party would he do it different? Said he hung up

@ChrisBrownBills

McCoy-on #Bills rushing attack - prob best I've been part of. So varied & diversified. Different than anything else & we've got mobile QB

He did pick up a pretty big PI penalty as well

He did.

That's a consequence of opponents challenging your defense over the top more than it is an indictment of any player (save, of course, for the overtly stupid type penalties we see on occasion).

That's why throwing deep is a smart play: the worst thing that could happen is a intercepunt (yes, I made that up :lol: ).

As for his DPI vs Cooper: he probably didn't have to take that penalty, but if he felt he was beaten, I'd rather have a penalty than a completion there. A completion can go for a TD, whereas a DPI can't, and may not even get called.

Sorry, way too long an answer for the simple statement of fact you provided.

Im excited for this game. I felt we matched up well vs Oakland and for 60% of the game we dominated them. I feel we match up even better vs Pitt and its at home. We need to play smart and believe in ourselves. We need to believe we can beat a franchise like Pitt and then execute for a full 60min.