Bills have signed Logan Thomas off Lions PS to convert to TE

YoloinOhio

After somehow getting 3 killer Linebackers in Hughes, Zach and Lorax without burning a single draft pick, I'm starting to think Whaley's magic touch is moves like this and not the draft.

Wondering why he wasn't cracking the lineup when Ebron was out half of this season though....

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After somehow getting 3 killer Linebackers in Hughes, Zach and Lorax without burning a single draft pick, I'm starting to think Whaley's magic touch is moves like this and not the draft.

Wondering why he wasn't cracking the lineup when Ebron was out half of this season though....

Well it makes sense that his expertise is in finding guys already in the pros because he spent 10 years in Pittsburgh as their pro personnel guy in their front office, so that's kind of all he has ever done in the FO (with that said I'm more than happy with his drafts so far, unless he's never supposed to miss on a player- which all GMs do)

LT was only on the Lions PS for about 24 hours before the Bills signed him :)

My daughter went to VT and I watched most Logan T games. He is a great athlete, but not a NFL caliber QB and never will be. At times he looked brilliant but most of the time he looked lost. The position to him was not intuitive. Should have always been a TE. He will be a project, but it should, I hope, pay off. Good move by the Bills

While I am not necessarily expecting any contribution from LT this year, I don't think it is totally out of the question he could be active on gameday and on the field in red zone packages. His size alone makes defenses need to scheme differently on coverage and if teams can put DL out there to catch TDs in the endzone sometimes I don't see why we couldn't do the same with him. It's not like they are asking him to run routes and play 30 offensive snaps right away.

I'll play Negative Nancy on this one.

We only have 53 roster spots. They're precious. And we're giving one to a long-term project? To a guy who only decided to play TE this past weekend?

Which means we must feel confident in his ability to become a good TE, and we must feel good about our current roster makeup of the other 52 guys (ability and health) - just to play devils advocate to your negative Nancy

And maybe we also think we can use him this season in spots, like yolo said above, in the red zone if for nothing else than to force D to account for his size

I'll play Negative Nancy on this one.

We only have 53 roster spots. They're precious. And we're giving one to a long-term project? To a guy who only decided to play TE this past weekend?

It's not crazy for teams to add high upside guys to their active roster. That is how you snipe them from a PS. At the same time, teams often try to bring guys up from the PS to protect them from being sniped. With Powell and Bryant going on IR and Seantrel suspended the spots were there. I think that they only have been playing 2 TEs so it isn't like the position had a ton of depth anyways.

It's not crazy for teams to add high upside guys to their active roster. That is how you snipe them from a PS. At the same time, teams often try to bring guys up from the PS to protect them from being sniped. With Powell and Bryant going on IR and Seantrel suspended the spots were there. I think that they only have been playing 2 TEs so it isn't like the position had a ton of depth anyways.

Yep that TE spot has been in flux all season since Gragg got hurt. They've been shuffling that Blake Christian guy back and forth.