Bills Find A Way To Win Tough Road Game

Jkgobills

Thought we needed a victory thread!

The Bills showed great grit today winning a road game without:

1. Their # 1 WR

2. Their starting Center

3. Their starting safety....before today the secondary was horrific in his absence

4. Their starting RB, and best overall offensive player, missing half the game

5. Their #2 WR, who has been elevated to # 1, missing 3/4 of the game

This is a cause for celebration!

1. Kyle "The Player" Williams turns in a defensive effort and game for the ages.

2. Gilmore responded to Rex's public frustrations with the best game of his season.

3. The defense puts up a second half shut out to preserve the victory.

4. Gillislee looked great at RB

5. Incognito is a beast out there.

6. Zach Brown continues to shine

The Bills had more reasons to lose this game, than they had reasons to win the game. Yet, they won it! They are far from a perfect team, might be far from a good team.....but today they were the better team.

So eat, drink, and be merry for "tomorrow" the Bills may lose, but today they are victorious.

Agreed. I don't care what it looked like, I don't care about thier kicker missing PAT's, I don't care about Green's hamstring. I don't care about Tryod's 27 million next year. We had to have this one, we got it. Next week we can't come out flat against the Jags. There is still hope because of today.

Edited by qwksilver

I think most had them at 5-5 at this stage. The key is how they handle a soft 2nd half schedule. Split the Raiders and Steelers and win the rest against jets, phins, jags, browns for 10-6. no more injuries . that is the formula... i guess...

Edited by 8and8-->NoMore

Depends on which threads you read. Many here have already folded up shop for the season, and some are saying we should bench Tyrod for Caradale, you know, just to see what we have.

Yes some hated watching Tyrod regress again after playing a great game in Seattle.

It's fitz all over. Inconsistency with a few good games sprinkled in.

Look, it was a win. Ugly win, but a win.

Problem is, it is too little, too late.

I'll wait until they are eliminated from the playoffs to give up....I'm still trying to enjoy the football season...unlike others who criticize actual victories

Yes some hated watching Tyrod regress again after playing a great game in Seattle.

It's fitz all over. Inconsistency with a few good games sprinkled in.

Agreed that yesterday was not his best game, he left a lot of plays on the field. But he did just enough, without our top 3 offensive skill position players, and he had some excellent defense helping out. And the team WON. Its ok to be happy about that part of it, they are still alive, whether you believe its real or not. No need to demand we start Caradale, no need to blow it all up. Not yet.

I saw a team win the kind of game we ALWAYS have lost in the last 16 years. I saw some damn good defense.CB play was much better than expected. I saw Gilly have a very nice day. I saw Shady will not miss any time. I saw Sammy is eligible to come back next week.

Thought we needed a victory thread!

The Bills showed great grit today winning a road game without:

1. Their # 1 WR

2. Their starting Center

3. Their starting safety....before today the secondary was horrific in his absence

4. Their starting RB, and best overall offensive player, missing half the game

5. Their #2 WR, who has been elevated to # 1, missing 3/4 of the game

This is a cause for celebration!

1. Kyle "The Player" Williams turns in a defensive effort and game for the ages.

2. Gilmore responded to Rex's public frustrations with the best game of his season.

3. The defense puts up a second half shut out to preserve the victory.

4. Gillislee looked great at RB

5. Incognito is a beast out there.

6. Zach Brown continues to shine

The Bills had more reasons to lose this game, than they had reasons to win the game. Yet, they won it! They are far from a perfect team, might be far from a good team.....but today they were the better team.

So eat, drink, and be merry for "tomorrow" the Bills may lose, but today they are victorious.

This thread may renew my interest in even coming on this site again. I was beginning to think this site only had a bunch of folks who complain just to complain. I don't need that in my life.

I'll take several more "ugly" NFL wins and a playoff appearance every time.

Thanks for the GREAT post by the OP.

I still like watching them play on Sunday, thats all that matters to me.

Playoffs or not, this is a fun team. Tyrod has his shortcomings but he's the most elusive scrambler in the game right now.

Lynn seems to call far less long balls than Roman did. It's one of Tyrod's strengths, and Goodwin/Harvin can both fly. Let's see some more of that next week and blow out the Jags.