Source: Texas firing Charlie Strong

YoloinOhio

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LSU really has been god awful in coaching hires the last year.

Coach O is probably who the players loved and the administration wanted to keep some continuity. They can always fire him if the results stay middling and a candidate they love comes free. No Jimbo. No Herman. They just are waiting on the future and hoping Coach O becomes great somehow.

Although I never understood how a program with LSU's profile had such a hard time finding competent QB's or couldn't coach up the one's they had.

Adam Schefter @adamschefter

Reports are surfacing that Doug Marrone is being considered for the Texas job.

He seems a little to smarmy ny'er for the Texas job. It's possible but it doesn't seem like the type of guy old Texas money would love.

Head coach at a big college program would be the logical next step to get in line for NFL head coach gigs though since he won't be an NFL OC anytime soon.

Coach O is probably who the players loved and the administration wanted to keep some continuity. They can always fire him if the results stay middling and a candidate they love comes free. No Jimbo. No Herman. They just are waiting on the future and hoping Coach O becomes great somehow.

Although I never understood how a program with LSU's profile had such a hard time finding competent QB's or couldn't coach up the one's they had.

I think it became clear that Herman was either Houston or UT and they didn't want to throw a big contract at a guy just for the sake of it. Keeping orgeron is essentially punting until next year and hoping to find the superstar later.

But this is two years in a row with clumsy coaching search situations (and a midseason firing in between) so who knows what's really up. Alleva seems in over his head in managing the process/expectations/boosters/etc...

As a Texas alum, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Charlie Strong obviously had to go, but my attitude is very much prove it towards Herman. I would've rather had someone proven but if he really is the second coming of Urban Meyer, then awesome.

I'm not excited at all but time will tell.

He seems a little to smarmy ny'er for the Texas job. It's possible but it doesn't seem like the type of guy old Texas money would love.

Head coach at a big college program would be the logical next step to get in line for NFL head coach gigs though since he won't be an NFL OC anytime soon.

I think it became clear that Herman was either Houston or UT and they didn't want to throw a big contract at a guy just for the sake of it. Keeping orgeron is essentially punting until next year and hoping to find the superstar later.

But this is two years in a row with clumsy coaching search situations (and a midseason firing in between) so who knows what's really up. Alleva seems in over his head in managing the process/expectations/boosters/etc...

This is the biggest crock of balogna. Isn't Schefters agent also Marrones? Try again you losers!

You guys got whooshed. :lol:

He was making a joke because of Schefter shares an agent with Marrone and has reported frequently that Marrone was "getting" or "in the running" for several jobs that it didn't seem like he was in serious consideration for...

Charlie Strong obviously had to go, but my attitude is very much prove it towards Herman. I would've rather had someone proven but if he really is the second coming of Urban Meyer, then awesome.

On the upside, his wife has a twitter account. ;)

What does this have to do with anything related to the Bills? I came here for BUFFALO BILLS discussion. Not crap from Texas.

Come on man,what part of the topic title led you to believe it WASN'T about Strong and Texas? Are you that gut that lit himself on fire or slid down the railing and landed in the section below, on someone's head!?

did you have a certain guy you wanted? Just curious

Looks like Oregon is firing Helfrich as well, 2 years removed from the National Title game.

Edited by YoloinOhio

No doubt about this one.

@thebiglead

Video of Tom Herman Lying Yet Another Example of Why NCAA Should Let Players Transfer When Coach Leaves

https://t.co/9m3AGhyWX1

It'll never happen; they can't risk letting an avalanche of player transfers decimate a major (or even a minor) school.

Besides, players still have their scholarships, friends, familiar surroundings and everything else they had before. It's not like a coaching change voids scholarships.

• 2 weeks later...