Source: Texas firing Charlie Strong

YoloinOhio

Money has spoken again....they won't give a coach time to recruit then they change again. Mack Brown dropped the ball on recruiting knowing he was retiring. His last 4 years 5-7, 8-5, 9-4, 8-5 now Strong comes in with the cupboards empty "okay now win". By the way were not going to give you time to restock the shelves. Next coach will face the same scenario in two years- one year of honeymoon then show us the baby. NEXT

I'd have no problem if they gave him another year. There is a lot of young talent on that team. But you need to show improvement and losing to Kansas making next week a must win for a bowl game doesn't look very good.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Texas better make a move fast

@espncfb

BREAKING: LSU has zeroed in on Tom Herman for next head coach and could have a deal in place as early as Saturday.

"Hmmmm....should I go with Texas or LSU....hmmmmm..."

Yeah, I bet he doesn't even answer the phone if Texas calls.

What does this have to do with anything related to the Bills? I came here for BUFFALO BILLS discussion. Not crap from Texas.

In that case I suggest clicking on one of the threads that isn't titled "Texas fires Charlie Strong"

p.s. Texas can have Brian Kelly.

All posted by Texas boosters no doubt.

you would really be shocked if a guy that has Texas Lutheran, Sam Houston, Texas State, Rice, and actually at UT on his resume might have a desire to coach UT over LSU? Or live in Austin over baton rouge?

sure, it could be junk info, but it wouldnt be surprising if he wanted that job.

Money has spoken again....they won't give a coach time to recruit then they change again. Mack Brown dropped the ball on recruiting knowing he was retiring. His last 4 years 5-7, 8-5, 9-4, 8-5 now Strong comes in with the cupboards empty "okay now win". By the way were not going to give you time to restock the shelves. Next coach will face the same scenario in two years- one year of honeymoon then show us the baby. NEXT

I live in Austin. Don't follow the team, but the owner of my company is a big fan and booster so I heard a lot about it. Strong was always a 'holdover' pick. A guy that could eat a couple years of suck while the cupboard went from utterly barren to only terribly barren that they could fire when there were candidates they wanted and could get.

you would really be shocked if a guy that has Texas Lutheran, Sam Houston, Texas State, Rice, and actually at UT on his resume might have a desire to coach UT over LSU? Or live in Austin over baton rouge?

sure, it could be junk info, but it wouldnt be surprising if he wanted that job.

i have read that he wants Texas and if he isn't there next year it will only be the fault of Texas. As you said he was a GA at Texas had spent a significant portion of his career at Rice. He was an OC at big 12 Iowa state. He has deep recruiting ties in the state of Texas. He's getting 5 star recruits to commit to Houston - imagine what he can do in Austin. He's coached in the OSU fishbowl and win a championship as an OC with a third string QB who he coached up himself. There is a pocket of OSU fans who would rather have Herman as the HC than Urban. He checks every box for Texas. Edited by YoloinOhio

@RossDellenger

One more update: #LSU leaders are preparing to meet with Houston coach Tom Herman on Saturday - https://t.co/pWVdWbn74N

Houston also stepped up and offered him an extension with raises totaling $10 mil I believe. If Herman is still interested in hearing what other teams have to offer, it doesn't look good for him returning to Houston.

Is it too soon to consider Art Briles formerly of Baylor? Anyone who has played on a college sports team should know that the HC is completely powerless in controlling his players outside of practice times. Now I never delved into what happened with him too deeply, just read a few articles, but I never found any report that Briles himself did anything bad or unethical. All Briles had was a few players whom sexually assaulted some people (not his fault and completely out of his control) and I guess he didn't suspend them. Well IMO if they are still ALLEGATIONS then they shouldn't be suspended until those allegations can be confirmed. From what I read other administrators at the school did some improper things but I was always under the impression that those where done without Briles knowledge or consent.

Besides 50-15 in 5 seasons is dang good.

Edited by peterpan

@NFL_CFB

CyM1opxUsAInWzb.jpg

@KegsnEggs

The Charlie Strong era was not for nothing at Texas, despite its disappointing end.

https://t.co/KVgO0D0l02

@CFBHeather

I have confirmed, per a source close to the situation, that Texas will hire Houston coach Tom Herman. Release expected later today.