Gilmore In Boston

HailMary

At this point I am hoping some team steps up and overpays........

I really had wished Gilmore would have stepped up and forced Bills hand. A much better outcome IMO.

But he has been exposed as The Unhappy Gilmore we saw on draft evening. some said it wasn't so. he was just mellow.

Well ? maybe not.

Edited by 3rdand12

I really had wished Gilmore would have stepped up and forced Bills hand. A much better outcome IMO.

But he has been exposed as The Unhappy Gilmore we saw on draft evening. some said it wasn't so. he was just mellow.

Well ? maybe not.

I NEVER thought I would see a Gilmore that played not to get hurt.......

Well....im seeing it

I NEVER thought I would see a Gilmore that played not to get hurt.......

Well....im seeing it

John, he never liked to tackle mano el mano. Since day one. He always always always just made some modicum of effort to redirect the play.

Maybe to the players he was thinking, were supposed to tackle.

I will bail out of this. I get too caught up in my dissapointment

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

Link?

People who came in late to this thread didn't see the photoshopped pic in the original post that was removed and do not realize the thread is a joke.

People who came in late to this thread didn't see the photoshopped pic in the original post that was removed and do not realize the thread is a joke.

Does it even matter at this point? But thanks for pointing that out for some of us K

Look. Gilmore is fragile. He has no shoulders and is not built for tackling. He has been injured and missed games from trying to tackle. The best he can do is try to wrap someone up and wait for help to arrive. Could he do that better? Yes. But the Bills need him on the field and not injured. There is no better option this year. It is what it is.

Edited by bmur66

I don't get the personal hate of Gilmore all of a sudden. Because he had a bad game he's not a bad person? Someone talk me through the logic.

I'm not a Gilmore hater prior to this season I thought he played very well although not a shut down corner and in my mind was thinking I guess we have to pay him

This season has been a little effort don't get hurt b.s. season from Gilmore. Once he figured out the extension wasnt coming he's unplugged, the constant looking at teammates when he's beaten is disappointing. Just another in a long line of "quiet leaders"....this team needs a couple loud leaders. In professional football it seems like the good teams have a rally point from week to week Buffalo does not.

I think Gilmore is putting the Bills in a bind. Keep him after a substandard year, at a premium corner price; or let him walk, get nothing in return; or trade him for a 4th rounder.

There are times I suspect a player just gives up on the Bills, and sees greener pastures in NE or somewhere else. It's not honorable, but in the mold of Jarius Byrd from a mercenary standpoint it's the best way to get the big money AND get to the playoffs.

It could be, unprovable of course, that Gilmore's agent has already been in touch with another team, with the promise of a big FA signing deal if he's healthy at the end of this year. That's not only dishonorable, it's illegal, but try to prove it.

Or, it could be, that Gilmore is generally putting forth a good effort but gets burned a few times a game because our lousy safeties aren't where they're supposed to be, or because the scheme is a bad one for the opponent's players.

I think it's a combination of being tired of getting embarrassed because of other people's mistakes or bad ideas, early in the year, leading to him backing off and deciding to cash in somewhere else. The Jets game was terrible. It was NOT the fault of Gilmore and Darby. It was the lack of over the top help from safeties. No CBs in the league were going to stop those jump balls to 6'4'' receivers when Fitz was having his annual, once-a-year good game. The terrible thing was the coaching staff did not adjust during the game. Patrick Roy gave up on the Montreal Canadiens when they hung him out to dry in a game when he wasn't playing well and the coach left him in to get embarrassed, and I think the Jets game might have been the turning point for Gilmore.

The best approach will be to see if the D's leaders, like Kyle Williams and Jerry Hughes, can get him straightened out. If they can't do it, it means Gilmore wants out. If that's the case they should trade him now and get what they can. Especially if Watkins can't come back this year, 2016 looks like another "nice try but no playoffs for you" year. Move on next year with Darby and Seymour. And get some damned safeties who can cover, tackle, and think.

Edited by Utah John

The best approach will be to see if the D's leaders, like Kyle Williams and Jerry Hughes, can get him straightened out. If they can't do it, it means Gilmore wants out.k.

i appreciate it when my co-workers tell me that i should take less money than i think i deserve for the good of the company. especially if the company isn't particularly successful in its primary goal.

Edited by Dirtbag

The best approach will be to see if the D's leaders, like Kyle Williams and Jerry Hughes, can get him straightened out.

I disagree. Gilmore is not a rookie. he's played with AW and KW and Hughes for quite a few seasons. as far as hoping or expecting leaders of this team to "get him straightened out"...nope. a rookie, ok. but this guy needs to take his "talents" elsewhere. if he can't step up and be a leader or play with fire when he is a 4 year vet, without the assistance of AW and KW or Hughes, nah. bye.

Edited by 87168

I can't imagine why Gilmore wouldn't give his all for this great fanbase on a one year deal for a powerhouse team.

I disagree. Gilmore is not a rookie. he's played with AW and KW and Hughes for quite a few seasons. as far as hoping or expecting leaders of this team to "get him straightened out"...nope. a rookie, ok. but this guy needs to take his "talents" elsewhere. if he can't step up and be a leader or play with fire when he is a 4 year vet, without the assistance of AW and KW or Hughes, nah. bye.

You mean guys who have gotten long term deals?

There are plenty of those guys in every fan base, so I don't understand your point.

If the Bills were the Pats or a team that won, it's easier to ignore those fans. But when a team loses a lot, subconsciously on a one year deal before you are about to get a big deal, you go into self preservation mode.