Republicans Control More Than 2/3 of State Legislatures

I " couldn't care less " about gay marriage . Government doesn't belong in the marriage business.

Fine, you corrected his vernacular. Well done.

It doesn't belong in the reproductive control business either. Abortion should stay legal, as no one but the woman herself should make that decision . It doesn't matter what a " significant " portion of the population thinks about it. They can decide whether or not they wish to abort their own pregnancy if the situation arises. Should keep them sleeping easily at night. It is really a settled issue.

You say that government doesn't belong in "the reproductive control business" either, but it's worth consideration that it may well be within constitutional authority to address the belief that the unborn are citizens-to-be deserving of constitutional protection.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesn't belong in the reproductive control business either. Abortion should stay legal, as no one but the woman herself should make that decision ..

I totally agree. It is not the Government's business to decide. Nor is it the Government's business to subsidize

out of 57 ?... :lol:

FUNDAMENTALLY TRANSFORMED: There are only 4 states with a Democratic Governor and both houses of the state legislature controlled by Democrats.

“Results are still trickling in, but it looks like Republicans will still control an all-time high 69 of 99 state legislative chambers. They’ll hold at least 33 governorships, tying a 94-year-old record.”

DEMDECLINE3-600x370.jpg

I " couldn't care less " about gay marriage . Government doesn't belong in the marriage business. It doesn't belong in the reproductive control business either. Abortion should stay legal, as no one but the woman herself should make that decision . It doesn't matter what a " significant " portion of the population thinks about it. They can decide whether or not they wish to abort their own pregnancy if the situation arises. Should keep them sleeping easily at night. It is really a settled issue.

All well and good, but if no one but the woman should make that decision, then no one but the woman should pay for it.

I " couldn't care less " about gay marriage . Government doesn't belong in the marriage business. It doesn't belong in the reproductive control business either. Abortion should stay legal, as no one but the woman herself should make that decision . It doesn't matter what a " significant " portion of the population thinks about it. They can decide whether or not they wish to abort their own pregnancy if the situation arises. Should keep them sleeping easily at night. It is really a settled issue.

But that's just it: it's not the reproductive control business, it's the protection of natural human rights business; which starts with the notion that the unborn has the right to life, which includes not being killed by their mothers because their mothers were sexually irresponsible and now find them to be inconvenient.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

Fine, you corrected his vernacular. Well done.

You say that government doesn't belong in "the reproductive control business" either, but it's worth consideration that it may well be within constitutional authority to address the belief that the unborn are citizens-to-be deserving of constitutional protection.

They are not. They haven't been born , or in a lot of cases even partially developed. Still the woman's domain.

But that's just it: it's not the reproductive control business, it's the protection of natural human rights business; which starts with the notion that the unborn has the right to life, which includes not being killed by their mothers because their mothers were sexually irresponsible and now find them to be inconvenient.

But it doesn't have any rights. Nor did you when you but a blob of fetal tissue. The woman takes all priority because it is inside her body, and without her doesn't exist. You idiots just want to take all the fun out of sex anyways. Be glad you were born and don't have an abortion. Forget about anyone else. Besides, in many cases that blob waiting to be born will be born to a cracked out loser and be on the road to jail in short order. Not to mention more government benefits. Unimpeded population growth is not a good thing. We can't afford it. If the mother is considering an abortion she probably can't afford it either. Birth control doesn't always work. But we must punish folks for being irresponsible and having sex. Freak..

All well and good, but if no one but the woman should make that decision, then no one but the woman should pay for it.

Different issue . It's a logical stance. But If they don't have health insurance, then we all probably pay for it. That too is another issue. The abortion costs far less than government benefits for umpteen years, though. Which is smarter? I don't like all the things that my tax dollars go for either. Wouldn't it be nice to pick and choose each box we would like our dollars going to? I don't like paying for my neighbors kids to go to school, for starters. I should pay a lower rate . It could go on endlessly, but yes I agree women paying for their own abortions makes sense.

But it doesn't have any rights. Nor did you when you but a blob of fetal tissue. The woman takes all priority because it is inside her body, and without her doesn't exist. You idiots just want to take all the fun out of sex anyways. Be glad you were born and don't have an abortion. Forget about anyone else. Besides, in many cases that blob waiting to be born will be born to a cracked out loser and be on the road to jail in short order. Not to mention more government benefits. Unimpeded population growth is not a good thing. We can't afford it. If the mother is considering an abortion she probably can't afford it either. Birth control doesn't always work. But we must punish folks for being irresponsible and having sex. Freak..

So this is an argument for late term abortions then as well? An advocation for partial birth, and an floating position on when life begins based on nothing more than the whims of the individual woman in her individual circumstances?

Sally says her 8 mo. pregnancy isn't a life, so she gets to terminate at her leisure, but Tammy goes in to labor prematurely, and has her baby at 7 mo. and it's completely viable?

Your standard is laughable because it lacks any consistency, and places the standard of when human life begins on nothing more than the arbitrary whims on other individuals, regardless of science; not to mention that it's morally reprehensible. Do you also advocate for the wholesale slaughter of toddlers born into poor circumstances? Or is your absurd position linked solely to what side of a vagina a person resides on?

As for the sex portion: use birth control or stick it in her ass.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

They are not. They haven't been born , or in a lot of cases even partially developed. Still the woman's domain.

Different issue . It's a logical stance. But If they don't have health insurance, then we all probably pay for it. That too is another issue. The abortion costs far less than government benefits for umpteen years, though. Which is smarter? I don't like all the things that my tax dollars go for either. Wouldn't it be nice to pick and choose each box we would like our dollars going to? I don't like paying for my neighbors kids to go to school, for starters. I should pay a lower rate . It could go on endlessly, but yes I agree women paying for their own abortions makes sense.

By your apparent way of thinking, the definition of what's a baby and what's "a blob of fetal tissue" depends on either the child's physical location (in or out of the womb) or the mother's personal feelings at the time. That's ridiculous.

What you're calling for is government sanction of personal irresponsibility, and trying to mask that behind the flawed notion that state sponsored abortion is less of a financial burden on the taxpayer than the subsequent welfare will be. Whether you realize it or not, you're using a favorite tactic of the left: casting the issue as if it only effects the poor. It doesn't, and considering that the victim in all this - whether wanted or unwanted - is a baby, then greater emphasis should be placed on the ramifications of promoting such behavior.

So this is an argument for late term abortions then as well? An advocation for partial birth, and an floating position on when life begins based on nothing more than the whims of the individual woman in her individual circumstances?

Sally says her 8 mo. pregnancy isn't a life, so she gets to terminate at her leisure, but Tammy goes in to labor prematurely, and has her baby at 7 mo. and it's completely viable?

Your standard is laughable because it lacks any consistency, and places the standard of when human life begins on nothing more than the arbitrary whims on other individuals, regardless of science; not to mention that it's morally reprehensible. Do you also advocate for the wholesale slaughter of toddlers born into poor circumstances? Or is your absurd position linked solely to what side of a vagina a person resides on?

This.

Democrats Got Wrecked Again in State Legislative Races, and it Matters More Than You Might Think.

“In Minnesota, Republicans erased a 38-28 Democratic majority in a single election and will enter the 2017 session with a one-seat majority in the state Senate (they flipped the state House in the 2014 midterms). Aside from Donald Trump’s shocking win in the presidential race, the outcome in Minnesota might have been the biggest surprise of election night, but it fits within a national trend. Democrats are struggling to hold legislative majorities, even in typically blue-ish states like Minnesota.

In red or purple states? Forget about it.”

By your apparent way of thinking, the definition of what's a baby and what's "a blob of fetal tissue" depends on either the child's physical location (in or out of the womb) or the mother's personal feelings at the time. That's ridiculous.

Considering there's no measurable criteria for "when life begins," it's not as ridiculous as one might think.

It's why it's an issue: it's an abstract philosophical issue, open to different interpretations.

It's a logical stance. But If they don't have health insurance, then we all probably pay for it. That too is another issue. The abortion costs far less than government benefits for umpteen years, though. Which is smarter? I don't like all the things that my tax dollars go for either. Wouldn't it be nice to pick and choose each box we would like our dollars going to? I don't like paying for my neighbors kids to go to school, for starters. I should pay a lower rate . It could go on endlessly, but yes I agree women paying for their own abortions makes sense.

A lot of this comes down to faith. You clearly are not a Christian, and that's cool because it's your choice. So your first belief is that the blob in the belly is just a blob, and it's preferable to slice up and terminate the blob than it is to bring the blob into the world where countless families stand in long lines to adopt the blob to a home.

I'm curious, though. Are you equally dismissive of other religious doctrines? Or are you ready to call someone Islamophobic because you feel they are not being cordial and understanding to Muslims and their doctrine, which may or may not include killing as many Americans as possible?

Just an honest question.

Considering there's no measurable criteria for "when life begins," it's not as ridiculous as one might think.

It's why it's an issue: it's an abstract philosophical issue, open to different interpretations.

That's why I didn't characterize what he said as being completely ridiculous.

A lot of this comes down to faith. You clearly are not a Christian, and that's cool because it's your choice.

Abortion, and the belief that life begins at conception are not Christian (religious) beliefs. They are a secular belief that many Christians (religious people) trend towards because Christians (the religious) tend to hold the lives of the innocent in higher regard than the non-religious/atheists/agnostics.

Abortion, and the belief that life begins at conception are not Christian (religious) beliefs. They are a secular belief that many Christians (religious people) trend towards because Christians (the religious) tend to hold the lives of the innocent in higher regard than the non-religious/atheists/agnostics.

Let me preface this by stating I am in no way an authority on the Bible or even Christianity, but the idea that life begins at conception is absolutely the belief of Christians who believes the Bible is God's inerrant word, because they believe, as the God's holy word tells them, that God plays a roll in the creation of every fetus. And since God considers that fetus as his child, killing that child is murder.

Again, I'm talking about Christians who follow the Bible as God's word, not people who think they believe in God as a way to hedge a bet on their eternal life like they believed in Santa; "just in case."

Let me preface this by stating I am in no way an authority on the Bible or even Christianity, but the idea that life begins at conception is absolutely the belief of Christians who believes the Bible is God's inerrant word, because they believe, as the God's holy word tells them, that God plays a roll in the creation of every fetus. And since God considers that fetus as his child, killing that child is murder.

Again, I'm talking about Christians who follow the Bible as God's word, not people who think they believe in God as a way to hedge a bet on their eternal life like they believed in Santa; "just in case."

And it bugs the **** out of me when people say those Christians are "wrong." They don't hold a provable or measurable opinion, which makes it one that I would not want to legislate on, as I would not want to force others via secular law to live according to a devout Christian paradigm.

But that doesn't make them "wrong." That's not a provable or measurable opinion, either.

I'm not into infanticide.

As I said, the belief itself is not necessarily a religious one. Believing that life begins at conception does not require you to be religious.

As I said, the belief itself is not necessarily a religious one. Believing that life begins at conception does not require you to be religious.

What you initially wrote was " Abortion, and the belief that life begins at conception are not Christian (religious) beliefs,"

That's wrong. They are.

I think what you're trying to say is they are not exclusively a religious belief, and that would be true, too.

What you initially wrote was " Abortion, and the belief that life begins at conception are not Christian (religious) beliefs,"

That's wrong. They are.

I think what you're trying to say is they are not exclusively a religious belief, and that would be true, too.

That's correct. I could have been more clear.

That's correct. I could have been more clear.

Frankly, I think most people find abortion to be ethically or morally problematic. But the left has turned abortion into a cash cow for their campaigns, so it's financially to their advantage to yell about abortion during elections so their base will open up their purses again.

Edited by LABillzFan