Hilarious Pot Legalization Supporters

PolishDave

Does anyone else find it unbelievably humorous watching these political videos of the people who want Pot legalized in New York State. Friggin hilarious burnouts.

Yeah man.......psssssss.....bad buzz.......Yeah it should be legal........Wait what?...........psss....bad buzz

Channel 7 was interviewing some of them. Where in the hell do they scrape this dirtbags up from?

Burnouts are funny.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An acquaintance and I were discussing how embarrassing it is to have these people represent the legalization point of view. Many people I know, and have known, are both highly (no pun) functioning human beings and pot smokers. One with a PhD in physics!

Impressive. Does the physic Ph.D. have an actual job?

Imagine what these people could achieve if they weren't hooked.

Does anyone else find it unbelievably humorous watching these political videos of the people who want Pot legalized in New York State. Friggin hilarious burnouts.

Yeah man.......psssssss.....bad buzz.......Yeah it should be legal........Wait what?...........psss....bad buzz

Channel 7 was interviewing some of them. Where in the hell do they scrape this dirtbags up from?

Burnouts are funny.

Link ?

By any chance was any of them asking a Kinny garden teacher to buy his dinner?

5th grade idiot.

Impressive. Does the physic Ph.D. have an actual job?

Imagine what these people could achieve if they weren't hooked.

Not sure how that relates. The point is that he is able to function cognitively at a very high level while being a consistent pot user, whereas the representatives the news media displays presumably cannot. Edited by Nighttime in Nigeria

So, no job then?

I'll presume you can't show a relation, since you dodged the question and the reasoning provided. If he worked a retail job, he'd satisfy whatever criteria you seem to be applying.

As for him, I lost touch after college, after he graduated from Notre Dame. I know, I know, Notre Dame is a well-known "stoner" school full of cognitive burnouts. Try to withhold judgment.

I'll presume you can't show a relation, since you dodged the question and the reasoning provided. If he worked a retail job, he'd satisfy whatever criteria you seem to be applying.

As for him, I lost touch after college, after he graduated from Notre Dame. I know, I know, Notre Dame is a well-known "stoner" school full of cognitive burnouts. Try to withhold judgment.

If you lost touch with him, how do you know he "is able to function cognitively at a very high level while being a consistent pot user"?

If you lost touch with him, how do you know he "is able to function cognitively at a very high level while being a consistent pot user"?

Is that a serious question? Because he graduated from my high school as salutatorian. Then from the University of Notre Dame, both of which while a pot user. I knew him personally. Now a PhD in Physics from a renowned University, likely still using.

I'm not sure if you've ever pursued serious academic endeavors yourself, but they are pretty indicative of functioning at a high cognitive level, especially considering subject matter.

Is that a serious question? Because he graduated from my high school as salutatorian. Then from the University of Notre Dame, both of which while a pot user. I knew him personally. Now a PhD in Physics from a renowned University, likely still using.

I'm not sure if you've ever pursued serious academic endeavors yourself, but they are pretty indicative of functioning at a high cognitive level, especially considering subject matter.

You said "is" which is a present tense word. "Was" may have been the better choice. Maybe he hadn't killed all his brain cells when he was getting those magical degrees.

If you want to defend pot, then fine, but own it. Don't make up crap about all the pot head geniuses out there and then say well I haven't seen him since college.

You said "is" which is a present tense word. "Was" may have been the better choice. Maybe he hadn't killed all his brain cells when he was getting those magical degrees.

If you want to defend pot, then fine, but own it. Don't make up crap about all the pot head geniuses out there and then say well I haven't seen him since college.

I provided a piece of anecdotal evidence which, for some reason, you're doubting the veracity of. There are some who function at a very high cognitve level while being a consistent pot user, and there are some who don't. You seem to hold a simplistic view against all of those who do use pot. If you apply a one-size-fits all perspective to all pot smokers, then in your words, own it.

As an aside, losing touch with someone does not preclude further learning of that person through mutual friends. So "is" is, in fact, the appropriate word. Keep believing your crusade is infallible.

I provided a piece of anecdotal evidence which, for some reason, you're doubting the veracity of. There are some who function at a very high cognitve level while being a consistent pot user, and there are some who don't. You seem to hold a simplistic view against all of those who do use pot. If you apply a one-size-fits all perspective to all pot smokers, then in your words, own it.

As an aside, losing touch with someone does not preclude further learning of that person through mutual friends. So "is" is, in fact, the appropriate word. Keep believing your crusade is infallible.

iamverysmart

No, marijuana legal

So you're cool with the number of people out there impaired going up, and potentially going up dramatically?

So unless you've just graduated college you actually have no idea how well he's able to function. Am I correct?

Edited by Chef Jim

So unless you've just graduated college you actually have no idea how well he's able to function. Am I correct?

No idea? Not correct. Are you another one who believes it's impossible to function and succeed academically while being a consistent pot user? Did you read any of my other responses?

He's going round and round on that.

You've been consistently unable to articulate and defend your viewpoint. Whatever that viewpoint may be. Try taking your own advice and "own it."

Just so you're aware, it is possible to submit posts that are longer than two sentences. It might help you in this thread shouls you choose to keep replying while not adding anything of substance.

Omg impaired people !!! Get in the bomb shelter honey !

So you're also ok with more impaired people on the roads?

No idea? Not correct. Are you another one who believes it's impossible to function and succeed academically while being a consistent pot user? Did you read any of my other responses?

I never said it's impossible. Do you also agree that there are lots of people that can function and succeed academically (what does that even mean) while smashed out of their minds?

So you're also ok with more impaired people on the roads?

I never said it's impossible. Do you also agree that there are lots of people that can function and succeed academically (what does that even mean) while smashed out of their minds?

That's why I asked what you thought.

Succeeding generally means performing anywhere from above average to excellent. Academically should speak for himself. As for your hypothetical, I would probably assume that's true. If it is true, is it somehow incongruous with the person I've been discussing? Would you agree it's possible to succeed academically while being a consistent pot user?

For what it's worth, I don't have a horse in this race. I've never been high. I've never tried pot, or any other drug. I've never been drunk or otherwise intoxicated. I'm merely stating anecdotal evidence of an individual succeeding academically while being a consistent pot user. He isn't the only person I've known, but he came to mind first.

I am all for legalization, and yep I function, have a job, have raised two good kids( well one) , and while always against impaired people driving, think our docs pumping out more and more opioids lends itself to more impaired drivers on the roads than legalizing weed would.

That's why I asked what you thought.

Succeeding generally means performing anywhere from above average to excellent. Academically should speak for himself. As for your hypothetical, I would probably assume that's true. If it is true, is it somehow incongruous with the person I've been discussing? Would you agree it's possible to succeed academically while being a consistent pot user?

For what it's worth, I don't have a horse in this race. I've never been high. I've never tried pot, or any other drug. I've never been drunk or otherwise intoxicated. I'm merely stating anecdotal evidence of an individual succeeding academically while being a consistent pot user. He isn't the only person I've known, but he came to mind first.

Successfully academically means they get good grades right? That translates to zero ability to function in the real world. Wouldn't you agree?

You've been consistently unable to articulate and defend your viewpoint. Whatever that viewpoint may be. Try taking your own advice and "own it."

Just so you're aware, it is possible to submit posts that are longer than two sentences. It might help you in this thread shouls you choose to keep replying while not adding anything of substance.

You said you friend "is" high functioning and a physics Ph D.

I asked if he had a job and you didn't answer. I took that as a "no" to which you replied that you don't know because you had lost touch with your friend.

I then questioned your use of the word "is" instead of "was".

Now you appearing to be saying that the dude has a job because you heard it from a friend who heard it from a friend.....or something. Fine. Why not say that from the get-go.

For the record I do not begrudge people for their use of pot. i really don't care. It is when they say is does no harm or has magical powers or never gets its hooks into people the I get annoyed because none of that is true. Many people who use pot basically worship it and are extremely defensive about any criticism of pot at all.

You said you friend "is" high functioning and a physics Ph D.

I asked if he had a job and you didn't answer. I took that as a "no" to which you replied that you don't know because you had lost touch with your friend.

I then questioned your use of the word "is" instead of "was".

Now you appearing to be saying that the dude has a job because you heard it from a friend who heard it from a friend.....or something. Fine. Why not say that from the get-go.

For the record I do not begrudge people for their use of pot. i really don't care. It is when they say is does no harm or has magical powers or never gets its hooks into people the I get annoyed because none of that is true. Many people who use pot basically worship it and are extremely defensive about any criticism of pot at all.

Correct. I knew him personally, and I converse with those who still do. It's not much of a stretch to conclude what I did. I didn't initially answer the job question because it bears no relatiob to my point that one can succeed while being a consistent pot user. You provided no rationalization or reasoning to complement your question, so I assumed you did not have one.

From where do you infer that I stated he has a job, and that I heard it from a friend? Find me the exact post. I never stated anything regarding his employment, or potential lack thereof. Stop making stuff up. Or will you continue to doubt, as you did previously, that this magical unicorn of a person exists?

Read above for my views on pot. I don't smoke it. I have no horse in this race. ALL that I have put forth is a piece of anecdotal evidence that it is possible to succeed while being a consistent pot user. Apparently, you see that as improbable, if not impossible.

So do these people know him or work with him?

The former, yes.

Correct. I knew him personally, and I converse with those who still do. It's not much of a stretch to conclude what I did. I didn't initially answer the job question because it bears no relatiob to my point that one can succeed while being a consistent pot user. You provided no rationalization or reasoning to complement your question, so I assumed you did not have one.

From where do you infer that I stated he has a job, and that I heard it from a friend? Find me the exact post. I never stated anything regarding his employment, or potential lack thereof. Stop making stuff up. Or will you continue to doubt, as you did previously, that this magical unicorn of a person exists?

Read above for my views on pot. I don't smoke it. I have no horse in this race. ALL that I have put forth is a piece of anecdotal evidence that it is possible to succeed while being a consistent pot user. Apparently, you see that as improbable, if not impossible.

So, no job then?

1. According to you, I've stated he already has a job, which I heard from a friend I converse with. Which would essentially render any further questions moot.

2. Tell me, what else have I stated that I know that you can't support?

Own it.

1. I thought so too until you refuted that.

2. I'm not really sure because it seems you have odd conversations with friends which is perfectly fine with me.

It seems to me that a conversation along the lines of:

Hey Bob, what do you hear from Jim? How's he doing? Where is he woking nowadays? Does he still smoke a lot of pot?

Would be more common than:

Hey Bob, what do you hear from Jim? How's he doing? Is he still high functioning? Does he still smoke a lot of pot?

All of that is fine with me though. Glad he is high functioning.

So theoretically they have no idea how well he functions at work do they?

Again, "no idea" is probably a bit strong. I'm not privy to what they may or may not know about his employment, or what conversations they may have had. It seems to be an improbable feat that an individual can function highly, while employed, as a consistent pot user. Do I have that right?

Additionally, you might want to refer this one to the other person posting in this thread. Apparently, he can accurately infer conclusions from my statements that aren't even there.

Again, "no idea" is probably a bit strong. I'm not privy to what they may or may not know about his employment, or what conversations they may have had. It seems to be an improbable feat that an individual can function highly, while employed, as a consistent pot user. Do I have that right?

No you do not have that right. I've been in the work force in one form or another for about 40 years and drug and alcohol abuse is covered up all the time. There are plenty of ways go just function and still stay employed.

Now I am in no way saying he's not able to function and function at a high level because I don't know that. Just as you don't know if he is which has been my point the whole time. I just have an issue with people saying things as if they are fact when in reality it's 100% conjecture.

Additionally, you might want to refer this one to the other person posting in this thread. Apparently, he can accurately infer conclusions from my statements that aren't even there.

Who 4mer? :w00t::doh::wallbash:

1. I thought so too until you refuted that.

2. I'm not really sure because it seems you have odd conversations with friends which is perfectly fine with me.

It seems to me that a conversation along the lines of:

Would be more common than:

All of that is fine with me though. Glad he is high functioning.

Please find me the exact post where I stated I knew of his employment, and where I received that information. It seems improbable to you that someone can function highly while being a consistent pot user, to the point of doubting that this seemingly magical unicorn of a human being even exists!

Your hypothetical conversation presupposes that I was never familiar with him in the first place, and therefore would need to explicitly confirm his functioning abilities. I knew him well during high school and college. I don't know how old you're presuming we are, but we're in our 20s.

No you do not have that right. I've been in the work force in one form or another for about 40 years and drug and alcohol abuse is covered up all the time. There are plenty of ways go just function and still stay employed.

Now I am in no way saying he's not able to function and function at a high level because I don't know that. Just as you don't know if he is which has been my point the whole time. I just have an issue with people saying things as if they are fact when in reality it's 100% conjecture.

I'll turn it back to you: what is accurate indicia of a highly functioning person? As opposed to "just functioning?" What are the distinguishing characteristics?

My point is that I have known this person, and well. I know his friends well. And again, the "100% conjecture," just like the "no idea" language, is false on its face. Having less than a completely sure idea on an issue does not translate to "no idea" or "100% conjecture."