Jerry Jones is a better GM than Whaley

ok.....lets start over here and see if you can understand it...if not ill just assume dense and let it go

Jerry jones wanted the RB....a good pick....but you could put our backups behind that line and they would look great....none the less....a very good pick

Dak Prescott is the x factor here......THEY WERE JUST LUCKY TO GET HIM.....they tried to trade up for a different QB......they didnt even initially want Prescott.....that does not make you good...that makes you lucky.

Sometimes its better to be lucky then good.

Drafting a stud o-lineman in Round 1 for a few years is the smart move...not lucky.

Drafting a WR and mortgaging our future in a deep WR class was a questionable move...or was Whaley "unlucky"??

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok.....lets start over here and see if you can understand it...if not ill just assume dense and let it go

Jerry jones wanted the RB....a good pick....but you could put our backups behind that line and they would look great....none the less....a very good pick

Dak Prescott is the x factor here......THEY WERE JUST LUCKY TO GET HIM.....they tried to trade up for a different QB......they didnt even initially want Prescott.....that does not make you good...that makes you lucky.

How was the running game and QB play last year? Dallas had the same O-Line last year. Edited by Beef Jerky

So, Dallas lucky but not good.

Buffalo good but not lucky.

Their o-line wonders why you always use terms like "!@#$ you?"

BTW, the denseometer store called and they're all out of you.

Edited by Sisyphean Bills

Dak Prescott (will be stuck in wage scale for four years)

Zeke Elliot (monster RB with four more years)

Jaylon Smith (Top 10 talent...wait and see for 2017)

O Line ...enough said

Jerry has assembled a strong young team. Is already re-doing some O line contracts, defense may be suspect, but look what he assembled in one or two years.

Meanwhile, in Buffalo:

Tyrod

Old Shady with a lot of $$$

Dareus (3rd pick, lots o' $$$, groin is ouchy)

Sammy (gave away three first round picks for a WR with a hurt foot)

Lorax (love the guy but age will catch up to him)

Shaq (missed 7 games)

Gilmore...(fill in the blank)

Jerry has every reason to be named "GM of the Year"

You left an awful lot of names off Whaley's list. I hope this is just an oversite and not a biased post.

You left an awful lot of names off Whaley's list. I hope this is just an oversite and not a biased post.

As far as I can see, he was pretty spot on. Why would you consider it biased in any way, shape or form???

And Jerry was quite vocal that they Drafted Zack Martin due to his son, Stephen, basically beating him down into his chair and preventing him from racing to the phone to Draft Manziel. Basically, Jerry finally wised up and realized he's paying football guys to know football, let them do their job. Which, is to his credit - but not the actual selection of said team. He also gets kudos for patience, a lot of it. But that's where it stops, IMHO. Well, that and the new stadium, which is really awesome.

Jerry Jones is the best owner in the league now that he shook off the Al Davis mentality. That's why I think we are in good shape because the Bill's version of said mentality is gone God rest his soul.

The current owners will allow the football people to do their jobs and what I see with our team is true progress like I have not seen in too many years to think about. I think it's time for us to look forward and stop looking back. It seems like many want to give credit to the new people for all the miserable years that they are not responsible for, and not give them credit or even acknowledge the progress that has been made the last few years. I think it is forgotten that we had 9 straight years of sub .500 football.

As far as I can see, he was pretty spot on. Why would you consider it biased in any way, shape or form???

Doesn't surprise me that you wouldn't recognize a biased post you being one of the big three bills haters. I think you already know the names that are missing and you are sure not gonna list them. I will give you one how do you leave out Incognito.

Edited by manbeast

Jerry Jones is the best owner in the league now that he shook off the Al Davis mentality. That's why I think we are in good shape because the Bill's version of said mentality is gone God rest his soul.

The current owners will allow the football people to do their jobs and what I see with our team is true progress like I have not seen in too many years to think about. I think it's time for us to look forward and stop looking back. It seems like many want to give credit to the new people for all the miserable years that they are not responsible for, and not give them credit or even acknowledge the progress that has been made the last few years. I think it is forgotten that we had 9 straight years of sub .500 football.

Doesn't surprise me that you wouldn't recognize a biased post you being one of the big three bills haters. I think you already know the names that are missing and you are sure not gonna list them. I will give you one how do you leave out Incognito.

Why, pray tell, do you label me a "Bills Hater?" And who are the other two??

Oh, man, you're in trouble now, you've used facts and then compounded your foolishness by not accepting as Holy Writ that Shag is a wasted pick, that Dareus is a failure, that Sammy cost elevendy seven picks, and that TT's agent hornswoggled Whaley. Don't you know we live in a time when anyone can make up crazy stuff out of thin air and pretend it's true, and the rest of us are supposed to nod in agreement?

So True

How was the running game and QB play last year? Dallas had the same O-Line last year.

The OL has been dominant for the last 3 seasons.

Last year a hobbled McFadden finished 4th overall in rushing. The year before is when they launched Murray to a ridiculous FA market. This year they have a rookie running around UNTOUCHED on TD runs.

As far as QB play, Romo has always been Romo. Will put up numbers but isnt clutch enough to make it deep into playoffs.

I think, after 17 years, we deserve to come up with a new litmus test.

Doug Whaley (2013- )Don't think you can fairly say 17 years. Especially with a change in ownership and its 16 years unless I'm mistaken because we still have a chance.

Well Jerry isnt picking players now, but for quite awhile he did pick players. Was an unmitigated disater and he finally wised up and hired some real football people.

Although, i believe, didnt he pull Romo out of basically nowhere?

Bill Parcells

There's a whole lot of sour grapes in this thread. I know it hurts to say it, but JJ is (indeed) the better GM. I love the Bills, but the truth hurts.

Sure :thumbsup:

Bill Parcells

Sure :thumbsup:

Bill Parcells had nothing to do with it. It was Sean Peyton in 2003 that signed him, when he was coaching for the Cowboys. Then in 2006, when Peyton went to the Saints, he tried to trade for Romo, but Jerry Jones refused and kept him.

Bill Parcells had nothing to do with it. It was Sean Peyton in 2003 that signed him, when he was coaching for the Cowboys. Then in 2006, when Peyton went to the Saints, he tried to trade for Romo, but Jerry Jones refused and kept him.

I stand corrected Parcell's actually felt Romo was to small and couldn't take the pounding of an NFL starting QB.