Parents get shamed for living with their kids in a condo

gotta love how people today have to stick their nose into everyone elses business. So, they live in a small apartment/condo near the beach, atleast they have walls and a roof to put over their childrens heads which is the most important thing. So what if they don't have their own yard to play in, thats what parks and playgrounds are for. When talking with a real estate agent who was trying to sell my house, I brought up that the yard wasn't too big for a faimly with kids looking and he told me "yeah, but you live about a block away from a huge park and playground that they can take their kids to go play in and some may see it as an advantage because they don't have to do the upkeep". Now if the complaint was that the cost of this apartment/condo was way too much for the parents to afford, and instead of finding something more reasonable, they decided to say stop feeding their kids more then once or twice a day, or have them wearing the same clothes everyday, I may lean closer towards the person complaining......

gotta love how people today have to stick their nose into everyone elses business.

People have been doing that forever. Difference is, 30 years ago the homeowner would have just crumpled it up, thrown it in the trash and it would have been immediately forgotten. But now everything has to be put on social media for the whole world to consume and every one-off instance of someone being a dick is magnified into some huge commentary on society, requiring people express their shock or outrage, and then their shock and outrage at the subsequent backlash, and so on and so on.

I guess this is what passes for entertainment now that the big networks have stopped making good TV shows.

People have been doing that forever. Difference is, 30 years ago the homeowner would have just crumpled it up, thrown it in the trash and it would have been immediately forgotten. But now everything has to be put on social media for the whole world to consume and every one-off instance of someone being a dick is magnified into some huge commentary on society, requiring people express their shock or outrage, and then their shock and outrage at the subsequent backlash, and so on and so on.

I guess this is what passes for entertainment now that the big networks have stopped making good TV shows.

This is what I was thinking of.

One of the ones that annoy me are anything on a restaurant receipt. Good or bad. They're always stupid.

Yup. The wife calls that note harassment? It's nothing of the sort, a minor inconvenience maybe. She got what she wanted; people are feeling sorry for her and her husband.

Edited by Cripple Creek