What I hope to see today - Strategy

Virgil

We have our backs against the wall with this game. It's a division game, a loss puts us back at .500, and we have rough games afterwards.

First thing, I would like to see them start with the ball and have a nice, long drive. We have been terrible when starting with the ball. But lets change that and not let Brady onto the field until halfway through the 1st quarter.

Offense

• Spread the field and spread the ball around
    • Just like game one, every receiver gets multiple touches
  • Move TT around in the pocket. He's more comfortable this way.
  • Take the 3-4 yard plays. Create 3rd and short, long drives.
    • Not only to keep our defense fresh, but moreso to keep Brady off the field and not in rhythm
  • Commit to the run. Spread runs, wheel routes, whatever. But don't let the RB disappear like last week

Defense

• Have a spy on the motion receiver. Put Robey-Coleman on whoever that is. That person gets the quick throw or runs a drag route and ends up being a multi-read option for Brady. Have someone on that ALL game
  • Gronk
    • You can't cover Gronk for more than 3 seconds, accept it
    • Have a safety ready over the top for him. He may catch it. But then make him regret it
    • NEVER have a LB covering him. I'd put Gilmore on him. Darby on Edelman
  • Pressure up the middle. It's not about sacks, it's about moving Brady and making him uncomfortable.
    • Make me stop saying !@#$ Dareus
    • Unleash the Lorax!
  • Stack 10 within 15 yards of the line. One safety deep. They don't go deep and love to mis-direct and dink and dunk. I'm running man on Gronk and the motion man, with the safety ready for support on gronk. Everyone else is either blitzing or spread out across the field to make the NE WR have to work harder to find those soft zone spots.

Rex

• Keep the emotions of the players in check. We know we are beaten and bruised. But we know they want to avenge their loss. People who don't think that matters don't know the Hoodie. He's a child and will rub it in if he can.
  • Take the points and play the long game.
  • No penalties

Offense:

Eat clock, move the chains, sustain drives, score TDs and not FGs, though we'll need all the points we can get.

Defense:

Strong "A" gap pressure. That is the weak link on the Pats O line.

Dareus should obviously help there.

Flood the defensive field with DBs, clog throwing lanes...confuse Brady pre-snap with everyone standing around out of position as we did last November.

Early Key to watch:

If we are leaving the field quickly on offense and can't string first downs together, we will lose for sure.

You know Marcia is going to come out gunning. Stop them from scoring on their first drive. And a sustained offensive drive on our first series.

We gotta win the time of possession battle in this game.

Offense:

Eat clock, move the chains, sustain drives, score TDs and not FGs, though we'll need all the points we can get.

Defense:

Flood the defensive field with DBs, clog throwing lanes...confuse Brady pre-snap with everyone standing around out of position as we did last November.

Early Key to watch:

If we are leaving the field quickly on offense and can't string first downs together, we will lose for sure.

isn't this every team every game?

Offense

• Not only to keep our defense fresh, but moreso to keep Brady off the field and not in rhythm
  • Commit to the run. Spread runs, wheel routes, whatever. But don't let the RB disappear like last week

What receivers and what rb'S? There is no one there that is a difference maker. This season there is a passing play where they roll TT out to the right. Not sure that play ever develops into anything. Cuts the field in half and bunches the D against our wr's and TT's running. don't do that one

isn't this every team every game?

HAha that's what I thought

We have our backs against the wall with this game. It's a division game, a loss puts us back at .500, and we have rough games afterwards.

First thing, I would like to see them start with the ball and have a nice, long drive. We have been terrible when starting with the ball. But lets change that and not let Brady onto the field until halfway through the 1st quarter.

Offense

Defense

• Have a spy on the motion receiver. Put Robey-Coleman on whoever that is. That person gets the quick throw or runs a drag route and ends up being a multi-read option for Brady. Have someone on that ALL game
  • Gronk
    • You can't cover Gronk for more than 3 seconds, accept it
    • Have a safety ready over the top for him. He may catch it. But then make him regret it
    • NEVER have a LB covering him. I'd put Gilmore on him. Darby on Edelman
  • Pressure up the middle. It's not about sacks, it's about moving Brady and making him uncomfortable.
    • Make me stop saying !@#$ Dareus
    • Unleash the Lorax!
  • Stack 10 within 15 yards of the line. One safety deep. They don't go deep and love to mis-direct and dink and dunk. I'm running man on Gronk and the motion man, with the safety ready for support on gronk. Everyone else is either blitzing or spread out across the field to make the NE WR have to work harder to find those soft zone spots.

Rex

• Keep the emotions of the players in check. We know we are beaten and bruised. But we know they want to avenge their loss. People who don't think that matters don't know the Hoodie. He's a child and will rub it in if he can.
  • Take the points and play the long game.
  • No penalties

good post FR !

Offense:

Defense:

Early Key to watch:

pressure in the middle

Empty sets and wide formations