Positional Needs For DraftTek - Astro

Astrobot

I will be shocked - shocked I tell you! - if any team gives Kaaya a 1st round grade. Granted there are some teams who will be picking high who need to take one - Browns, Niners, jets, bears - and maybe they reach in a bad QB class but I sure hope we don't.

Trubisky is my pick if he declares. Not sure where he will be graded but he's my favorite QB prospect.

Edited by YoloinOhio

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mixed opinion on Kaaya at Walter

5. New York Jets: Brad Kaaya, QB, Miami
Brad Kaaya began the season on a hot streak, but has cooled off since. I've dropped him in my overall rankings, but I'd have to think the Jets would be inclined to take him. What else are they going to do at quarterback? They really don't have any other legitimate options, and it's not like we haven't seen teams reach on quarterbacks before.
Height: 6-4. Weight: 209.
Projected 40 Time: 4.72.
Projected Round (2017): 2-3.
11/2/16: In 2016, Kaaya has completed 62 percent of his passes for 1,984 yards with 13 touchdowns and six interceptions. He, specifically, put together underwhelming performances in losses to Florida State and North Carolina. Kaaya has some crippling weaknesses in looking down at the rush and a lack of mobility to avoid sacks. He takes a lot of sacks, and his eyes don't stay downfield when under pressure.
Mitch Trubisky*, QB, North Carolina
Height: 6-3. Weight: 220.
Projected 40 Time: 4.84.
11/2/16: Trubisky has been very efficient with good decision-making and flashes good accuracy. The junior has beat up on some weak secondaries this year, but it still is impressive that he had three straight games throwing for over 400 yards without throwing a single interception. Trubisky was impressive against Florida State and Pittsburgh before an ugly game against Virginia Tech. On the season, Trubisky has completed 71 percent of his passes for 2,378 yards with 18 touchdowns and two interceptions. He also has three rushing touchdowns.
Trubisky (6-3, 220) is off to a great start and will see his stock rise if he maintains this level of play. He was a backup as a sophomore and freshman.
Edited by ALF

Mixed opinion on Kaaya at Walter

5. New York Jets: Brad Kaaya, QB, Miami
Brad Kaaya began the season on a hot streak, but has cooled off since. I've dropped him in my overall rankings, but I'd have to think the Jets would be inclined to take him. What else are they going to do at quarterback? They really don't have any other legitimate options, and it's not like we haven't seen teams reach on quarterbacks before.
Height: 6-4. Weight: 209.
Projected 40 Time: 4.72.
11/2/16: In 2016, Kaaya has completed 62 percent of his passes for 1,984 yards with 13 touchdowns and six interceptions. He, specifically, put together underwhelming performances in losses to Florida State and North Carolina. Kaaya has some crippling weaknesses in looking down at the rush and a lack of mobility to avoid sacks. He takes a lot of sacks, and his eyes don't stay downfield when under pressure.
Mitch Trubisky*, QB, North Carolina
Height: 6-3. Weight: 220.
Projected 40 Time: 4.84.
11/2/16: Trubisky has been very efficient with good decision-making and flashes good accuracy. The junior has beat up on some weak secondaries this year, but it still is impressive that he had three straight games throwing for over 400 yards without throwing a single interception. Trubisky was impressive against Florida State and Pittsburgh before an ugly game against Virginia Tech. On the season, Trubisky has completed 71 percent of his passes for 2,378 yards with 18 touchdowns and two interceptions. He also has three rushing touchdowns.
Trubisky (6-3, 220) is off to a great start and will see his stock rise if he maintains this level of play. He was a backup as a sophomore and freshman.

The jets have 4 QBs don't know why people think they will draft another (and Kaaya is just a guy)

I will be shocked - shocked I tell you! - if any team gives Kaaya a 1st round grade. Granted there are some teams who will be picking high who need to take one - Browns, Niners, jets, bears - and maybe they reach in a bad QB class but I sure hope we don't.

Trubisky is my pick if he declares. Not sure where he will be graded but he's my favorite QB prospect.

One site i trust has him as top QB 7th overall player

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/2017/QB

So they have 2 bums leaving and 2 bums staying!! I love the Jets

and if anymore dares ask them whether Petty or Sackenberg will see the field they react like you just asked a newborn baby to drive a car. "Whaaat? Omg no they aren't ready! Gahhhhh!" Edited by YoloinOhio

If you dont have QB a P1 your seriously flawed

I don't see any that are 1st round quality. It's another EJ/Geno year. But the future looks bright, 2017, 2018.

Look at my signature

Don't think any of them are deserving of 1st round status and Chad Kelly is a "never draft" in my opinion.

These Quarterback rating systems are ridiculous. I watch the games, I know whether or not the QB is playing well.

Tyrod is not passing accurately, and it is hurting the team. They don't have anyone better right now, but I would hope they draft a high prospect.

In the meantime, they aren't going to win enough games to be a contender.

No, he is not. But if you watch other teams with the same attention you give the Bills (not just watching the highlights), you will be surprised at how few of the other QBs pass with the sort of accuracy you'd think would be standard. Even the mighty Aaron, God of the Northland, is having an awful time of it. There are maybe 5 in the league who are steady on the accuracy front, including Tom the Bills Slayer, who might be the best of the bunch. TT's accuracy is just about standard for the league these days, and better than many. God help us all.

are there any?

And unfortunately, that's not a question I'm qualified to answer....but every year, ok 2013 was abysmal but it was also an outlier, there is one or two candidates (see Prescott, Dak) that slip by all the pundits and emerge as truly viable NFL QBs....to diminish the opportunity for mistakes, I would focus all my QB scouting on just Pro Style Offense QBs, as a way of reducing my exposure to liability and mistakes - not because it guarantees success.

For all my marbles, and I don't have many, I would pick a QB that has started for 3 years, in a Pro Style Offense, who demonstrates the ability to stay in the pocket and make all the throws, with accuracy....all the rest is noise

Watch USCs Sam Darnold for the next 3 yrs

And unfortunately, that's not a question I'm qualified to answer....but every year, ok 2013 was abysmal but it was also an outlier, there is one or two candidates (see Prescott, Dak) that slip by all the pundits and emerge as truly viable NFL QBs....to diminish the opportunity for mistakes, I would focus all my QB scouting on just Pro Style Offense QBs, as a way of reducing my exposure to liability and mistakes - not because it guarantees success.

Also see Wilton Speight of Michigan

I don't see any that are 1st round quality. It's another EJ/Geno year. But the future looks bright, 2017, 2018.

Don't think any of them are deserving of 1st round status and Chad Kelly is a "never draft" in my opinion.

yeah sure never draft the guy with the most potential to be a NFL QB (this year)

and if anymore dares ask them whether Petty or Sackenberg will see the field they react like you just asked a newborn baby to drive a car. "Whaaat? Omg no they aren't ready! Gahhhhh!"

They should put Petty in any way. It's yr 3, how many does he need?

Also see Wilton Speight of Michigan

yeah sure never draft the guy with the most potential to be a NFL QB (this year)

They should put Petty in any way. It's yr 3, how many does he need?

they should.... but it will come down to how Fitz does over the next few weeks and what their record is. If they still think they have any chance at the playoffs, no Petty. Once they know they are done (or if they have no choice but to bench Fitz again), can't see them not doing it.

I like this idea and he has been outstanding this year; I hate to lose good players because of cap hits and age wise he is getting close...

I took a look at Kyle for Bills Wire. I wanted to shine a light on him. It kinda turned into a love letter.

I've said it before but Kyle Williams is good for the soul. Watching him last night actually made me feel better about the world.

any thoughts on TE Orndoff from Pitt? Whaley might be a fan.

I have added him just below Hikutini:

O.J. Howard, Alabama
Jake Butt, Michigan
Jeremy Sprinkle, Arkansas
Jordan Leggett, Clemson
Cole Hikutini, Louisville
Scott Orndoff, Pitt
Evan Engram, Ole Miss
Wyatt Houston, Utah State
Brandon Lingen, Minnesota
Edited by Astrobot

I have added him just below Hikutini:

O.J. Howard, Alabama
Jake Butt, Michigan
Jeremy Sprinkle, Arkansas
Jordan Leggett, Clemson
Cole Hikutini, Louisville
Scott Orndoff, Pitt
Evan Engram, Ole Miss
Wyatt Houston, Utah State
Brandon Lingen, Minnesota

This is a strong TE class IMO. There is a need there for the Bills as well.

Darnold might already be the best in the nation. He's certainly the best in the PAC 12. And he's only a freshman. Now let's see if he can keep improving and avoid any serious injuries. Since he's taken over, SC has become a beast. I'd love to see them play Alabama now. For those of you who haven't watched Darnold and SC, they're on ESPN at 7PM EDT this Saturday.

But with the first round pick? With TT?

I wouldn't use a 1st round pick on a TE. I would use my first 2 picks on WR and S (in no particular order). I think that an offensive lineman and a TE should also be picked in this draft. Hikutini and Sprinkle are potentially mid round guys. Engram, Howard, Leggett or Butt could slip to the 3rd. I also like Marcus Baugh as a prospect. As a flyer I could be excited for Tyrone Swoopes as well. He could be a great H-Back even though he has never played there.