Positional Needs For DraftTek - Astro

Astrobot

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Safety is a huge need! So is WR, QB, CB

There are no QBs, but good secondary players. Receiver doesn't feel as deep as recent years either. Safety and WR have to be the first two picks in this draft. In no particular order. Aaron Williams missing was glaring.

I think that I'm not okay with Gilmore at $15M. Sign a starting caliber player at $7-$8M and keep Lorax and Zach Brown.

If you dont have QB a P1 your seriously flawed

You tell me the guy and we can have this debate. This QB draft is atrocious IMO. I am not sure there is A 1st wound QB let alone a few. These guys suck.

There are no QBs, but good secondary players. Receiver doesn't feel as deep as recent years either. Safety and WR have to be the first two picks in this draft. In no particular order. Aaron Williams missing was glaring.

I think that I'm not okay with Gilmore at $15M. Sign a starting caliber player at $7-$8M and keep Lorax and Zach Brown.

You tell me the guy and we can have this debate. This QB draft is atrocious IMO. I am not sure there is A 1st wound QB let alone a few. These guys suck.

There are 1st round QBs in my sig. I would stay away from Kizer though since i started watching him more closely s the season went on i have started dropping him

WR as P1 is a waste imo if TT stays. CB or S is critical if Aaron is done and if Gilmore continues to decline, so that would be my choice. OT comes next if Seantrel's health remains poor. Probably time to think about replacements for Kyle, Richie, Graham, maybe Wood. Wouldn't use a high pick on a TE unless he was elite; we have plenty of okay ones who aren't being used in this offense with this QB anyway.

If you dont have QB a P1 your seriously flawed

And who would be this great QB worthy of a high 1st round pick(and it will be high the way this team is headed)?

WR as P1 is a waste imo if TT stays. CB or S is critical if Aaron is done and if Gilmore continues to decline, so that would be my choice. OT comes next if Seantrel's health remains poor. Probably time to think about replacements for Kyle, Richie, Graham, maybe Wood. Wouldn't use a high pick on a TE unless he was elite; we have plenty of okay ones who aren't being used in this offense with this QB anyway.

And who would be this great QB worthy of a high 1st round pick(and it will be high the way this team is headed)?

Look at my signature

There are 1st round QBs in my sig. I would stay away from Kizer though since i started watching him more closely s the season went on i have started dropping him

You think that was the difference in this game?!? I have seen every QB at least 3 times and there isn't a guy that is spend a 3rd on. This is the worst group since 2013!! When's team converts basically EVERY 3rd down there are a lot of problems. The secondary (and defensive coaching) at the front of the list.

If you are set on QB, give me the guy that you think improves those team and we will debate it.

You think that was the difference in this game?!? I have seen every QB at least 3 times and there isn't a guy that is spend a 3rd on. This is the worst group since 2013!! When's team converts basically EVERY 3rd down there are a lot of problems. The secondary (and defensive coaching) at the front of the list.

If you are set on QB, give me the guy that you think improves those team and we will debate it.

Not there yet because I havent watched Turbinsky enough. But question how many people were locked in at Wentz last year this time

I know, but I can hope one magically appears. Anyways, you are 1000% correct that Safety and WR are the 2 biggest needs. Gilmore is a waste of money at this point, so I am glad we already didn't pay up.

Not there yet because I havent watched Turbinsky enough. But question how many people were locked in at Wentz last year this time

at this point last year? There wasn't a draft expert that I follow on Twitter that didn't have him as a no brainer 1st rounder. Not one!! Tell us who you target is and we can talk about it. Edited by Kirby Jackson

They can pick up a decent free agent Safety.

Again, if they intend to keep Tyrod, they have to have a running game that can dominate, week to week, regardless of injuries. Good running backs can step right in as rookies.

Gillislee is "good", they need 2 excellent backs, because one will likely be hobbled for half the games.

One of the first 3 picks should be a RB, and if a really good prospect is there in the 1st, take him. I know that goes against common drafting philosophies, but this offense isn't built around a passing QB.

The Bills last took a TE in the first round in 1983. That first round looked like this:

12. Tony Hunter TE Notre Dame

14. (from Cleveland) Jim Kelly QB Miami (FL)

Which of these things is not like the others....

Wonder how many teams have gone 33 years without taking a TE in the 1st?

They can pick up a decent free agent Safety.

Again, if they intend to keep Tyrod, they have to have a running game that can dominate, week to week, regardless of injuries. Good running backs can step right in as rookies.

Gillislee is "good", they need 2 excellent backs, because one will likely be hobbled for half the games.

One of the first 3 picks should be a RB, and if a really good prospect is there in the 1st, take him. I know that goes against common drafting philosophies, but this offense isn't built around a passing QB.

Interesting thought

Gillislee,to me,is good enough to be the #2 but you can't abandon the run. In addition, you need designed runs for Tyrod. There was none of that in the 1st half. The Bills abandon what they do well way to quickly.

at this point last year? There wasn't a draft expert that I follow on Twitter that didn't have him as a no brainer 1st rounder. Not one!! Tell us who you target is and we can talk about it.

Right now guessing we are about 19 in draft so thinking Kaaya would be a nice TGT. Am concerned about his Arm though

Right now guessing we are about 19 in draft so thinking Kaaya would be a nice TGT. Am concerned about his Arm though

I wouldn't take him before the 6th. He has NEVER won a thing. He struggles with accuracy, has a weak arm and can't throw it down the field. He has a bunch of measurables and no production. He is the QB version of Barkevious Mingo.

I do respect you for putting a guy out there though. IMO, there is ZERO chance that the Bills would be 4-4 with him under center.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

I wouldn't take him before the 6th. He has NEVER won a thing. He struggles with accuracy, has a weak arm and can't throw it down the field. He has a bunch of measurables and no production. He is the QB version of Barkevious Mingo.

I do respect you for putting a guy out there though. IMO, there is ZERO chance that the Bills would be 4-4 with him under center.

I think they would. Its not like Taylor has played well.

If we are in the top 10 I am thinking Trubinsky.

I think at end of day though you are gonna need to be in the top 5 to get him.

Also like Mayfield and Rudolph if your looking in the 20s.

Interesting thought

Gillislee,to me,is good enough to be the #2 but you can't abandon the run. In addition, you need designed runs for Tyrod. There was none of that in the 1st half. The Bills abandon what they do well way to quickly.

Gillislee is good enough, if you Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Ben Roethlisberger...he might even be a good 1st back with that kind of team.

This team is different from any other offense. It needs a constant threat from the backfield, and must make sure that injuries don't slow it down.