What you don't know about playing CB

NoSaint

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/richard-sherman-seahawks-what-you-dont-know-about-cornerback/?utm_source=fb&utm_medium=kw&utm_campaign=NonBran&kwp_0=254028&kwp_4=967431&kwp_1=463920

When you get to the fourth quarter, nobody is 100%. Thats when ballers ball. Thats when stars shine.

The opening story is fascinating on the work he puts in and some of the technique discussion is cool too. Well written piece from Richard Sherman discussing what it is to be a CB in this league

Great article, thanks for sharing.

Sherman is one of the smartest guys in the league, I'll definitely follow this for the next installments.

Say what you will about his antics, there's no doubt he's very intelligent and a talented DB. Great read.

First of all, thats an awesome article.

Secondly , thanks for the share NS !!

Third, a surprise for me. I just gained a shetton of respect for Mr Sherman.

When he's not going out of his way to play the character he's kind of created he's a very intelligent, well spoken student of the game. He's a guy that will have a long term future with the league either in the booth or union or... if he wants it

Say what you will about his antics, there's no doubt he's very intelligent and a talented DB. Great read.

The antics never bothered me because I knew how smart and classy a person he was off the field, so I figured any grandstanding was just part of his job and plan. And it basically was.

And really, what did he ever do that was so off-putting to people? Talk a little smack to other DBs on twitter? Yell into a mic after he just made a huge play to send his team to the SB? I'll take that out of my #1 CB.

The antics never bothered me because I knew how smart and classy a person he was off the field, so I figured any grandstanding was just part of his job and plan. And it basically was.

And really, what did he ever do that was so off-putting to people? Talk a little smack to other DBs on twitter? Yell into a mic after he just made a huge play to send his team to the SB? I'll take that out of my #1 CB.

He pushed playing the heel for a bit and some people LOVE that and some not so much. I'm not going to crush him for it, but it's not my taste. I haven't totally settled on whether he was brand building or if it was a headspace that kept him sharp.

He pushed playing the heel for a bit and some people LOVE that and some not so much. I'm not going to crush him for it, but it's not my taste. I haven't totally settled on whether he was brand building or if it was a headspace that kept him sharp.

I agree with you. He was super annoying. It was like he was trying to get famous. But it seems like he has decent to be less annoying and he is a pretty sharp dude.

And the Gilmore hot takes on this board are hilarious. Go outside and try and cover your kid for 5 seconds without being able to touch them. Now imagine doing that with a 6'2" guy who runs a 4.2. You have to be a physical freak to be a good CB.

Sherman came into the spotlight bigtime with his postgame rant a few seasons ago. Labelled a thug at the time. Then articles came out about his growing up in Compton, and how he took his education seriously from high school through college. Smart guy, smart player. And usually can back up his talk. I wish he was a Bill.

Sherman came into the spotlight bigtime with his postgame rant a few seasons ago. Labelled a thug at the time. Then articles came out about his growing up in Compton, and how he took his education seriously from high school through college. Smart guy, smart player. And usually can back up his talk. I wish he was a Bill.

Im not picking on you, because what you report here is accurate. It's just crazy that he was indeed "labelled a thug" because he yelled into a mic and into the face of a blonde white lady. Even though it was mere seconds after he made what was arguably the biggest play of his career at that point.

Folks (and by that I mean all us grown men/women fans) need to get their priorities and judgements straight.

Edited by DrDareustein

Don't get me wrong, it didn't bother me at all either. I just know many people can't stand it.

And that college was Stanford. Not bad.