Game Balls vs. the 49ers

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lynn! man,what a difference in the offensive play calling

McCoy keeps doing his Barry Sanders impression in making opposing players look like they are playing in sand! 3TD's with 140 yards on the ground. 16 offensive first downs rushing!! Made Chip Kelly think wtf was I doing in trading this kid away?

Tyrod was very efficient and made a very sub-average receiving corps look good.

Oh hell, it's a team game and the entire team made me proud to be a Bills fan again. :D They all get a game ball.

LeSean - No explanation necessary, but I'll also mention that he had at least 3 or 4 great blitz pickups today.

Robert Woods - 5 receptions, 4 went for first downs and one for a TD (talk about maximizing production); plus great blocking all game.

Tyrod - Running, passing, controlling the game. Everything you want from your QB.

O-Line - A little shaky in pass pro early, but played like monsters the rest of the way.

The Gut - Kyle and the Brown Brothers, shutting down the middle and for the big 3rd and 4th down stops.

Schmidt - Although he wasn't needed in the first half, he came up huge in the 2nd. One thing at least we can say as Bills fans is that we haven't had to worry about punting for years (going from Moorman to Schmidt). You never notice the punt game until you don't have a good punter.

Let's face it...a total team win!

Nope, because Roman wouldn't have used him at all.

you mean when Gronk was getting blown up on the Field, Roman wouldn't have used Felton?? He could have provided a few key blocks that could have resulted in a touchdown which is all we needed to win.

I know this, he was not here for the first game nullifying his contract and then "suddenly" Gronk was released and Felton returned, Tell me what "football" reason would there be for this?

none.

it was cheapskate move to save a couple bucks that could have cost us the first game and possibly a playoff spot. If we miss the playoffs by one game remember that money was more important than fielding the best team as everyone knew Felton is better than Gronk.

Hopefully Pegs learns from this and doesn't allow Russ to pull a Ralph again.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

Schmidt - Although he wasn't needed in the first half, he came up huge in the 2nd. One thing at least we can say as Bills fans is that we haven't had to worry about punting for years (going from Moorman to Schmidt). You never notice the punt game until you don't have a good punter.

Let's face it...a total team win!

And before Moorman, we still had a fantastic punter in Chris Mohr who was a wall for a decade.

:lol::lol::lol: You don't make cap space before the season opener, that is done in the offseason. The team's job is to field the best team possible not worry about penny pinching.

I don't know if the penny pinching came because our OC had no use for the player or if the team felt that Baby Gronk was better than Felton.....I think it was the former.

And before Moorman, we still had a fantastic punter in Chris Mohr who was a wall for a decade.

I don't know if the penny pinching came because our OC had no use for the player or if the team felt that Baby Gronk was better than Felton.....I think it was the former.

we used Gronk in the game so we would have used Felton. Sal from WGR said that Felton likely would get cut to save money but from a football perspective that Felton was clearly the better player.

Russ/Whaley were trying to save money and hoped it wouldn't cost em, they better hope not.

we used Gronk in the game so we would have used Felton. Sal from WGR said that Felton likely would get cut to save money but from a football perspective that Felton was clearly the better player.

Russ/Whaley were trying to save money and hoped it wouldn't cost em, they better hope not.

They thought Gronk could do more and yes the fact he saved a few quid probably played in. But fundamentally they thought he could do more than Felton. Not necessarilly block better.... but run it some and catch it some.

They thought Gronk could do more and yes the fact he saved a few quid probably played in. But fundamentally they thought he could do more than Felton. Not necessarilly block better.... but run it some and catch it some.

then why not stick with him a bit? Pretty quick cut then Felton returns = $$