buffalo cuisine

Pete

This might turn out to be my favorite thread ever! I swear I'm not a 500 pounder, but I love Buffalo food. The best pizza I've had in many years was from people who relocated from Buffalo to Florida. Now in Atlanta, Barker's Red Hots is my new Teds (but no good Buffalo pizza found yet). A couple places take a shot at beef on weck, but I haven't found a "go to" on that. When I get back to Buffalo there aren't enough meals in a day to get it all in. (But I do hate the term "upstate", which is apparently everything that is NOT NYC.)

I might have to make my own kimmelweck rolls tomorrow, unless anyone knows where to get some in NJ.

Publix used to have them in Florida, but they put them in plastic bags and the salt melted. DISASTER when you have people coming over, even if they didn't know what to expect. Making it might be safer.

Though I've never made it. Do you just dip in jus, then salt and seeds?

Publix used to have them in Florida, but they put them in plastic bags and the salt melted. DISASTER when you have people coming over, even if they didn't know what to expect. Making it might be safer.

Charlie the butcher sells bottles of stuff you sprinkle on hard rolls and then reheat the rolls. Best we ever found other than the real deal. If you don't live in Buffalo.

Off topic...

I'm making beer brats today. I've never eatnn them and never cooked them. My plan is to boil them in Sam Adam's with a sliced onion. Then transport them to my buddies house to be grilled before the game.

Im afraid that i will ruin the brats and maybe i should just grill them without the beer boil. Any advice?

Edited by SAMMY HANDWICH

That's the best way to cook brats. Simmer them in beer/water mixture, onions for about 15 minutes. If they boil, they might burst. Then grill when you're ready

Off topic...

I'm making beer brats today. I've never eatnn them and never cooked them. My plan is to boil them in Sam Adam's with a sliced onion. Then transport them to my buddies house to be grilled before the game.

Im afraid that i will ruin the brats and maybe i should just grill them without the beer boil. Any advice?

Off topic...

I think it's a great topic!

I've made it by lightly spraying the top with some sort of cooking spray and dipping it in the salt and seeds.