The good and the bad from Sunday

Luxy312

My observations from the game yesterday, both positive and negative.

Positive

• The defense was stingy, particularly in the first half. They allowed the Patriots only one first down and one drive over 10 yards.
  • LeSean McCoy looked like his old self on the field, being the elusive runner that we thought we were going to get.
  • Taylor made more short throws yesterday, than I recall seeing all of last year.
  • The team blanked the Patriots and yet were without Dareus, Watkins, Lawson, and Ragland.
  • I didn't see any bone headed penalties by some of our typical violators (Hughes).
  • Our corners had their receivers locked down pretty much all day.
  • Zach Brown was a man amongst boys out there. Impressive day from him.
  • Clay was more involved in the offense. Hope that continues when (if) Sammy comes back.

Negative

• The Patriots game plan was clearly to limit mistakes from Brissett, which allowed the Bills defense to be as aggressive as they were. Play calling will not look similar with Brady back.
  • Rex and the coaching staff seemed to abandon what was working offensively in the first half (short to middle throws), in lieu of just burying the Patriots.
  • The defense did not solve the "TE puzzle".
  • Tyrod had some errant throws to wide-open targets that I'm sure he wishes he could do over.
  • I would have liked to see more TD's in lieu of FG's.

Overall, the team that looked to be a goat in weeks 1-2 has looked to be the real deal in weeks 3-4. We got 3 games before we get New England back at the Ralph. They are 3 winnable games to boot. Let's hope that they don't fold like a wet napkin.

Here's what I liked best of all: During the last five minutes or so, with their team down by two scores (16 points), the Pats just gave up. Really. They quit. Amazing. You assume any pro team will make its best effort, always, under any circumstances. Their TE, Bennett, was killing the Bills' DBs. Gronk was on the field. Amendola, Edelman, Hogan, all ready to go. And, the Pats were running routine running plays into the line, apparently to pad stats for their RBs. No effort to score quickly to try to win. Incredible. They GAVE UP.

The Bills didn't move away from what was working. The Pats adjusted in the second half, and the Bills went more conservative because they had a two-score lead and the D was pitching a shutout.

You also forgot "no Bills turnovers."

Here's what I liked best of all: During the last five minutes or so, with their team down by two scores (16 points), the Pats just gave up. Really. They quit. Amazing. You assume any pro team will make its best effort, always, under any circumstances. Their TE, Bennett, was killing the Bills' DBs. Gronk was on the field. Amendola, Edelman, Hogan, all ready to go. And, the Pats were running routine running plays into the line, apparently to pad stats for their RBs. No effort to score quickly to try to win. Incredible. They GAVE UP.

Gronk,was not ready go according to some pats*** media sources. And most likely should not have even been out there. he could block but was a liability as a pass catching TE. He could not run. Just sayin. Hogan? why would he be in the conversation? Besides the fact he gifted the Bills a chance for a shutout early on. The hoodie passed on a sure 3 points and opted to try and get a 1st down. Hardly giving up. I dislike the Pats as much as any other Bills fan. To say they "gave up" is not accurate. Especially starting an injured 3rd string QB. If any of this talk is that the Bills actually had them playng scared and quitting. Well that us just some ryan bros ball washing. Great win one of the best in years, against a team that will compete for a superbowl. Those type of teams don't give up. They may not give a crap about a single loss. but the pats*** simply do not give up. Edited by Best Player Available

The Bills didn't move away from what was working. The Pats adjusted in the second half, and the Bills went more conservative because they had a two-score lead and the D was pitching a shutout.

this really sums it up especially on offense why open it up more and risk jump starting a pats drive

Powell keeps running instead of diving the deep ball is caught

I noticed them giving up too. It was really confusing. Only a 2 score game and Belichick did not even try to win really

The continuing inability to score more TDs in the red zone is problematic. The better teams do that with regularity. And with Carp's erratic kicking, even settling for a FG is not guaranteed.

Agreed, the ability to convert in the RZ is a problem, our guys on offense outside of Shady, Tyrod with his legs and Gilislee dont really intimidate anyone (in the RZ). Im hoping Clay alongside a Justin Hunter who can hopefully catch will allow for some jump balls to go our way as an interim solution till Sammy is back. Woods did impress me yesterday, I am still not convinced in Powell and Tate as WR's, no issues on ST.

I noticed them giving up too. It was really confusing. Only a 2 score game and Belichick did not even try to win really

Because they were beat up. This wasn't a win, it was an asskicking. The p*ts were dominated on both sides of the ball physically by the Bills and by the start of the 4th quarter the p*ts were waiving the white flag because they didn't want to get hit anymore.

It was glorious.

Only way New England was getting back in that game was a turnover or big play. They had neither.

Agreed, the ability to convert in the RZ is a problem, our guys on offense outside of Shady, Tyrod with his legs and Gilislee dont really intimidate anyone (in the RZ). Im hoping Clay alongside a Justin Hunter who can hopefully catch will allow for some jump balls to go our way as an interim solution till Sammy is back. Woods did impress me yesterday, I am still not convinced in Powell and Tate as WR's, no issues on ST.

We had penalties kill us in the red zone on at least 2 of those FG drives. Another one i remember we went super conservative and ran right into them.

100% correct.

Since the Good and the Bad have been covered already, I give you the:

BAT #(%* CRAZY

helmet11n-1-web.jpg

So, given the location of his hairline, this guy appears to be a bigger fan of Riddell Sports than he is of the Patriots.