Theory: Belichick will start Edelman to humiliate Rex

Marshmallow

I've been thinking the same thing. And you know if Edelman starts at QB he'll tear us up and throw for about 350 and 3 TD.

it'll be an all time performance... plus run a few options for another 200 yards and 2 TDs.

edit: i forgot, he'll run back kickoffs and punts, and maybe play CB for a pick 6 or 2

edit2: probably then rescue a kid from a burning house, then come back with habitat for humanity and help rebuild it

Edited by dorquemada

Belichick will play the guy who gives him the best chance to win. He wins so often precisely because he does not think in the way the OP suggests.

When will people realize that Belichick isn't out to embarrass or humiliate anyone, he's just doing everything he can (including cheating) to win football games?

IMO, these are correct.

He might add an extra play or two for Hogan, but starting a WR at QB is a stretch.

It would be the ultimate f-u Rex, I own you, kiss my rings. Sitting at 3-0, with Brady coming back next week, would Belichick go out of his way to humiliate Rex?

how would this be any different than if McCoy lined up in shotgun in backfield like in Cards game?

When will people realize that Belichick isn't out to embarrass or humiliate anyone, he's just doing everything he can (including cheating) to win football games?

whatever you say.

Welcome to Belichick's no-mercy policy.

Although criticism and questions about Belichick's moves will further paint him as the bad guy in his showdown against Tony Dungy and the Colts next Sunday, the Pats coach simply doesn't care. He wore the black hoodie in the Week 1 spy incident and accepted his punishment. Now, he's making the league pay with blowouts.

That's why, on Sunday, he

• kept Brady on the field for an 88-yard drive six minutes into the fourth quarter despite already leading 38-0. On that 14-play drive, the Patriots went for a fourth-and-1 at the Redskins' 7 and ordered a 35-yard bomb to Randy Moss.

• went for a fourth-and-2 at the Redskins' 37 on the next possession while leading 45-0. Backup QB Matt Cassel hit Jabar Gaffney with a 21-yard pass. Two plays later, Cassel scrambled for a 15-yard touchdown run to open up a 52-0 lead.

Asked why he would go for two fourth downs in a blowout, Belichick responded, "What do you want us to do, kick a field goal?"

Pressed further, he said, "It's 38-0. It's fourth down. We're just out there playing."

Let him

The game of football is not complicated.....start the WR he cant throw it to himself.....essentially weakening their team

Thats what they want you to think !

it'll be an all time performance... plus run a few options for another 200 yards and 2 TDs.

edit: i forgot, he'll run back kickoffs and punts, and maybe play CB for a pick 6 or 2

edit2: probably then rescue a kid from a burning house, then come back with habitat for humanity and help rebuild it

and all the time ,,, cheating