Christmas gift question

dib

we got one last year, i am not a gamer, so i can't tell the difference, my kids love the xbox1, my biggest gripe is the lack of blanket backwards compatibility of the 360 games being able to be played on the 360. It has been a big hit in our family for whatever that is worth

We're thinking of getting my son and X Box one. What are the differences between an X box one and the the 360? Does the 'One" have a clear advantage over the 360?

We're thinking of getting my son and X Box one. What are the differences between an X box one and the the 360? Does the 'One" have a clear advantage over the 360?

The 360 is an obsolete gaming system, where as the X Box One is the current technology. Buying a 360 means that he won't be able to play with his friends, as online gaming doesn't integrate the two platforms, and also means that he won't be able to play lots of new games, which are not backwards developed to the old platform.

Buying an X Box 360 is a little bit like buying him a VCR.

Xbox One. Not worth it at all to buy a 360. I had the 360 until a few months ago and little by little features and game options were becoming smaller and smaller. I had bought the Call of Duty game last year and didn't realize I couldn't play the campaign mode on the game because they didn't take the time to make it compatible with the older 360 system.

Right around Black Friday you'll probably see some great deals on the Xbox One because they've just recently come out with the Xbox One S.

Also, in my opinion, you're fine going with the 500 GB system over the 2 TB system. The price difference just for game storage is pretty big.

Buying an X Box 360 is a little bit like buying him a VCR.

a little more like buying him a DVD player instead of going Blu-ray.....

There really probably isn't a huge difference between the 2 besides better graphics which won't be really noticeable with really good TVs, and maybe slightly faster loading and game play.

It's the newest system so all new games will be designed to play on it and the old system won't get them.

a little more like buying him a DVD player instead of going Blu-ray.....

There really probably isn't a huge difference between the 2 besides better graphics which won't be really noticeable with really good TVs, and maybe slightly faster loading and game play.

It's the newest system so all new games will be designed to play on it and the old system won't get them.

Noise level too. My 360 sounds like it's prepping for take off into space.

Xbox 360 is the previous generation of Microsoft gaming console.

Xbox one is current generation

New games are designed for Xbox One

However Xbox one is not backwards compatible with 360 games

I ended up buying a used 360 to replace my dead 360 so I could play NCAA football which EA stopped making because they got sued by Tebow and other former players

Not sure if you use GameStop or not, but you can get a used Xbox1 VERY inexpensively, and they always back it like it's new. In fact, GameStop is really a great gig if you're not signed up with them.

Also of note, you will find it new as a bundle all over the place, especially as the holiday's near, but pay attention to what games are bundled with the player. Depending on the age of your son and what he likes to play, it's been my experience that the games in the bundle are all M rated, and my wife won't let my son play crap like GTA. I try to explain to her, "How is he going to learn how to steal cars, shoot cops and buy hookers if he doesn't start now?"

But she won't have it.

when i was a kid, we didn't need video games, we took our parents keys and went out and got our own hookers, up hill, both ways....kids these days.....

Not sure if you use GameStop or not, but you can get a used Xbox1 VERY inexpensively, and they always back it like it's new. In fact, GameStop is really a great gig if you're not signed up with them.

Also of note, you will find it new as a bundle all over the place, especially as the holiday's near, but pay attention to what games are bundled with the player. Depending on the age of your son and what he likes to play, it's been my experience that the games in the bundle are all M rated, and my wife won't let my son play crap like GTA. I try to explain to her, "How is he going to learn how to steal cars, shoot cops and buy hookers if he doesn't start now?"

But she won't have it.

On a similar subject - I don't play video games but I want to play some Madden (I'm 49 fwiw). As long as I don't care what year of Madden I play (say 2013 version or more recent) is there any value in buying an older system and the corresponding Madden? I see some older games/units going for $50 and wonder if it's worth it or if I'm wasting my money.

On a similar subject - I don't play video games but I want to play some Madden (I'm 49 fwiw). As long as I don't care what year of Madden I play (say 2013 version or more recent) is there any value in buying an older system and the corresponding Madden? I see some older games/units going for $50 and wonder if it's worth it or if I'm wasting my money.

Spend the money on the new systems (either PS4 or X Box One). They add/change features every year for the "Franchise" mode, and they absolutely nailed it with Madden 17.

when i was a kid, we didn't need video games, we took our parents keys and went out and got our own hookers, up hill, both ways....kids these days.....

Quick, kinda funny story.

When my son was 9, we were all watching a movie and someone referenced a stripper pole. Wifey shot me an "oops" look, and my son sees it and says, "What? I know what a stripper pole is!"

"Oh, really? What's a stripper pole?"

"A stripper pole is where a girl in a bathing suit dances until you give her enough dollars to go have sex in the VIP room."

Wifey and I were like "What in the holy phuck?"

Neighbor kid, same age, played GTA with his older brother when his parents are gone and gave my son the play by play.

"Okay, who wants to play Toy Story 3 on the Wii??? Raise your hand!!!"

My only gripe with the XBOX One is storage. One game takes up quite a bit of space because you don't play the games off discs anymore. Unless I'm wrong, I believe all the games have to be downloaded onto the console now to play them. At least that what I had to do for Mortal Kombat. (which is an awesome game btw)

You need to get him the new White 2TB XBox

You will be the best father in the world for a day or two.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one-s?&ocid=PORTALS_SEM_google_xbox%20one&cid=PORTALS_SEM_google_xbox%20one

Xbox one, do not be cheap and buy the old XBox. Trust me he wants the white one. 2TB which is $400 but it is worth it b.c he can store many more games on it.

Edited by Beef Jerky

But she won't have it.

Pfft, Woman, Am I right?

They just don't understand the important things in life.......

if you don't play often or care what version of Madden your playing and if your roster is the most up to date, go with the older system

There are a million excellent videos making this precise comparison for you by professionals at Youtube.

Each system has its own advantages.

Each system also makes some its top franchises exclusively available through that system...

So the right system for your kids might depend on what they love to play.

For example, "HALO" is one of the most popular video games in existence; you can only play it on the Microsoft system.