So I'm sitting here looking at a résumé...

I understand, the person must seem like a slacker compared to DCTom who has 30 posts a day.

The list of things you understand can be written down on a piece of paper, crumbled up and shoved up the ass of a gnat.

It's different when you're in charge of the french fryer, as you can attest, but if you don't think companies put weight on your social media comments when considering whether to hire you, you're a bigger dumbass than gatorman.

Oh, wait. You are gatorman. Sorry. Forgot for a moment.

That reminds me of my facebook news feed. I'll post political opinion here, because a) it's a political forum, and b) because it's anonymous.

The fact that so many people are so self-absorbed, self-righteous, and self-important as to think that people bow and scrape to their memes and opinions is pretty pathetic.

That reminds me of my facebook news feed. I'll post political opinion here, because a) it's a political forum, and b) because it's anonymous.

The fact that so many people are so self-absorbed, self-righteous, and self-important as to think that people bow and scrape to their memes and opinions is pretty pathetic.

I've all but given up on Facebook (save the times I want to share something with my family, who are all over the map.)

Years ago when Obamacare was about to get passed, I was very active locally, and posted an article warning my friends that it was going to be a disaster. I learned quickly to just give it up when a work colleague named Chris who I've known for years responded with the standard liberal tripe about "If we can just help one person..." and suddenly my wife's aunt jumps in and writes something "What the hell is with your friend, Chris? He sounds like another far-left crazy nutbag. Obama is trying to destroy America!!"

I was like, "Yeah, okay, I'm done here."

I've all but given up on Facebook (save the times I want to share something with my family, who are all over the map.)

Years ago when Obamacare was about to get passed, I was very active locally, and posted an article warning my friends that it was going to be a disaster. I learned quickly to just give it up when a work colleague named Chris who I've known for years responded with the standard liberal tripe about "If we can just help one person..." and suddenly my wife's aunt jumps in and writes something "What the hell is with your friend, Chris? He sounds like another far-left crazy nutbag. Obama is trying to destroy America!!"

I was like, "Yeah, okay, I'm done here."

I guess it serves a purpose in creating a public mud-pit if nothing else. It's also a great way to find out which of your friends and associates are morons - if you haven't identified them already, that is.

I guess it serves a purpose in creating a public mud-pit if nothing else. It's also a great way to find out which of your friends and associates are morons - if you haven't identified them already, that is.

I have a very simple test for that:

Are you on Facebook?

Yes?

Moron.

It's my understanding that most employers want to see that prospective employees are on social media...but not posting dumb ****.

I know. Job hunting's a pain nowadays. Can't get hired without a Facebook account.

My family doesn't even speak to me any more, specifically because I'm not on Facebook. I don't think a prospective employer is going to convince me to join.

I know. Job hunting's a pain nowadays. Can't get hired without a Facebook account.

My family doesn't even speak to me any more, specifically because I'm not on Facebook. I don't think a prospective employer is going to convince me to join.

I have one but I rarely ever use it. Mostly because I would I get a friend request, usually from a relative, and then once I added him/her, 50 million more people, most of whom I don't know, would request to be friends.

Ha! You've been defriended without even joining.

I have a very simple test for that:

Are you on Facebook?

Yes?

Moron.

I'm on facebook, but I don't have any information regarding my employer, and I never, ever post anything even remotely related to politics. I'm a local musician here in Austin, so my page is generally for contacts and promotion. The last thing I want to do is alienate people with my politics. Most of my facebook friends have no clue that I'm involved in telecom - they know me primarily as a guitarist, which is infinitely cooler than being known as a telecom guy, even to a nerd like me.

Ha! You've been defriended without even joining.

:lol:

they're political persuasion aside, are they are solid candidate?

That's just it. It's the political obsession (moreso than the persuasion) that makes them a poor candidate.

The Trump Derangement Syndrome on Facebook has reached epic proportions. It's like like Bush * 10.

That's just it. It's the political obsession (moreso than the persuasion) that makes them a poor candidate.

The Trump Derangement Syndrome on Facebook has reached epic proportions. It's like like Bush * 10.

Trump is very brutal in a "coming unglued while sniffling" kinda way. Makes the "Dean Scream" look pretty tame. When he can make Clinton look like the model of calm we got problems.

He'd fit right in here on the board going ballistic.

The brutality factor is very real. The lack of decorum mixed in with the abundant amount of demagoguery has to have our Founding Fathers rolling over in their graves!