This Just In, Fitz is Still Fitz; Back to Fitz with Geno Out

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its no surprise what we're seeing out of Fitzpatrick. He's got heart and desire but along with that less than optimal physical skills for the QB position.

But other than having a degree from Harvard I'm not getting the he's football smart thinking. He has extensive periods of recklessness with the football, sometimes at the most critical point in the game, and continues to make the same mistakes. What's so smart about that? Somebody with superior intelligence would analyze their performance, recognize their errors, and take the necessary actions to correct or reduce the problem. Not commit the same mistakes repeatedly.

This ^ It always frustrated me greatly. Some of the worst decisions I've ever seen a QB make have come from Fitz. I'll never forget a few games where we were up by 10 or so late in the game and he'd continue to force passes. As a guy who isn't physically gifted he can't afford mental lapses like that. Plus you'd think the guy from Harvard would be able to make good decisions. The book on him has always been "a smart QB with limited physical ability". I saw the limited physical abilities, but never consistently saw the "smart" play that so many applauded him for.

@usatoday_nfl

Jets coach Todd Bowles walked back his support of Ryan Fitzpatrick as the starting QB: https://t.co/gTQ0FkwjV1

This makes more sense. You know what you have with Fitz. You pretty much know what you have with Geno, but they may as well get him in the rotation.

So far as I can tell, the difference between Fitz and Geno is Geno likes to get his first four picks out of the way with his first five throws.

Part of me thinks the Jets have bigger problems than Fitzpatrick. Their coaching staff was very suspect last night.

I have to admit I'm a little puzzled. I knew Fitz was Fitz and would regress from last year's anomaly, but I thought they had a pretty decent team otherwise.

Right now they look like a bottom five team.

I have to admit I'm a little puzzled. I knew Fitz was Fitz and would regress from last year's anomaly, but I thought they had a pretty decent team otherwise.

Right now they look like a bottom five team.

I watched the entire game last night and can't help but feel like the problems really sit with coaching. I don't know enough about Bowles, but the entire team was undisciplined...like they really don't care at this point.

Edited by LABillzFan

So far as I can tell, the difference between Fitz and Geno is Geno likes to get his first four picks out of the way with his first five throws.

I have been lurking but not posting for a while, but that is funny.

This makes more sense. You know what you have with Fitz. You pretty much know what you have with Geno, but they may as well get him in the rotation.

:lol: Like that game vs Bills at MetLife in 2014. Never seen anything like it.

Jets coach Todd Bowles didn't sound pleased that QB Geno Smith told ESPN sideline reporter Lisa Salters before the game that he was "getting antsy" to play. "I don't have any thoughts on backup players saying anything," Bowles said today. "They're backups for a reason. If they get a chance to play, they'd better prove themselves to be worthy of playing regardless of who they are." For Bowles, those are strong words -- and perhaps telling with regard to a potential QB change.

Rich Cimini, ESPN Staff Writer

You also cannot win with Brandon Marshall. He always does something to screw your team up. He's as great at putting up numbers as he is killing your team at just the opportune time. He did it on the Broncos, on the Bears, on the Dolphins, and now the Jets.

I don't know if that's the case in NYJ. Marshall has been the only consistent receiving option and a good voice in the locker room.

BTW, for masochism I replayed the Jets game. Fitz played out of his mind. He hasn't come close to that performance in any other game. Kind of like when we got destroyed by Stephen Hill.

I don't know if that's the case in NYJ. Marshall has been the only consistent receiving option and a good voice in the locker room.

BTW, for masochism I replayed the Jets game. Fitz played out of his mind. He hasn't come close to that performance in any other game. Kind of like when we got destroyed by Stephen Hill.

It's not only off the field it's on it. He will drop a pass right when you need him at the end of the game or in the end zone like Stevie Johnson used to. Last year's perfect example was the ridiculous pitchout he tried for no reason which they fumbled and lost the game. He's just an idjit sometimes and it costs his team. Great, great receiver most of the time, he's just not to be counted on.

And the WRs were just as insane.

Fitz should consider going into coaching. He has the knowledge, experience as a player, and the intelligence to be successful. Many fair to average players do turn out to be pretty good coaches.

And he's got a good deal of experience. I think you may be on to something here.