Tom Coughlin was at the stadium

BuffaloPride

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The website made the news in Syracuse.

http://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2016/09/buffalo_bills_met_with_syracuse_alum_tom_coughlin_says_sal_maiorana.html#incart_river_mobile_home

"A story emerged today on a popular Buffalo Bills message board that the team had met with former New York Giants coach Tom Coughlin."

@SalSports

If Tom Coughlin met with Pegulas it was not this week. One owner was in Florida while another was at offices in Pittsburgh until last night

@SalSports

I should have tweeted "yesterday," not "last night." Not sure what time, exactly, either got into town.

Except Terry was at Sabres practice this week....

Sal is getting less and less credible as time goes on. He toes the company line like crazy these days.

Edited by donbeebeegun

Except Terry was at Sabres practice this week....

Sal is getting less and less credible as time goes on. He toes the company line like crazy these days.

Huh?

The rumour was Coughlin was there yesterday. Not Coughlin was there all week. He's saying yesterday, both owners were not in Buffalo, he said nothing of their whereabouts all week.

Huh?

The rumour was Coughlin was there yesterday. Not Coughlin was there all week. He's saying yesterday, both owners were not in Buffalo, he said nothing of their whereabouts all week.

Actually the original poster never mentioned anything about the timing of the meeting.

He said he was in the gym, where he talked to a buddy who works at the stadium...and apparently Pegula met with Coughlin.

Edited by Fadingpain

Actually the original poster never mentioned anything about the timing of the meeting.

He said he was in the gym, where he talked to a buddy who works at the stadium...and apparently Pegula met with Coughlin.

Right, I know what the original poster put. There has been various reports of this on Twitter. I'm just clarifying what Sal meant, and he even corrected himself. Sal is saying, if the rumour is he was there yesterday, both owners were not.

http://www.giants.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Tom-Coughlin-named-NFL-Senior-Advisor-to-Football-Operations/ca65d72b-6a50-44ab-be19-4ed54d7d9019

Someone probably asked for a consultation but I am sure some reporter will tweet something about inside sources about him replacing Brandon, Whiley or Rex,

Why Brandon?

From August: http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2016/08/ex-giants_coach_tom_coughlin_is_already_taking_nfl.html

It's been just over a week since Tom Coughlin officially started his new job with the NFL, and he's already taking business trips.

In his new role, Coughlin, who was a Packers assistant early in his career, will work with the NFL Executive Vice President of Football Operations, former Eagles cornerback Troy Vincent, "to support and improve the game."

In his role, Coughlin is set to "advise game-related league committees, including Competition, Health and Safety, Coaches Subcommittee, General Managers Advisory, Combine Review and NCAA Rules and Oversight.

Terry Pegula was at Sabres practice yesterday. 100% positive about this

Great.

Honestly I don't care whether Pegula was in Buffalo or not, I know what Coughlins job is with the NFL and it involves visiting teams.

The fact that he was in Buffalo is not a massive deal at all but people are wanting to jump on anything at this point.

Great.

Honestly I don't care whether Pegula was in Buffalo or not, I know what Coughlins job is with the NFL and it involves visiting teams.

The fact that he was in Buffalo is not a massive deal at all but people are wanting to jump on anything at this point.

Absolutely! It's our only hope.

From August: http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2016/08/ex-giants_coach_tom_coughlin_is_already_taking_nfl.html

It's been just over a week since [/size]Tom Coughlin officially started his new job with the NFL, and he's already taking business trips.[/size]

In his new role, Coughlin, who was a Packers assistant early in his career, will work with the NFL Executive Vice President of Football Operations, former Eagles cornerback Troy Vincent, "to support and improve the game."

In his role, Coughlin is set to "advise game-related league committees, including Competition, Health and Safety, Coaches Subcommittee, General Managers Advisory, Combine Review and NCAA Rules and Oversight.

I was just about to post this 26CB. Like always, you beat me to the punch. That is the most likely reason he was here, but I'm not about rule out another reason. Rex's seat is scorching hot, and we'll probably be 0-4 in two weeks.

Coughlin's last three seasons with the NYG, 7-9, 6-10, 6-10. Savior!

I wouldn't want him as our coach. Maybe an advisory role. I do believe he was here on NFL business.

But, I think the Pegula's should talk football with as many football people as possible. It's just learning.