Bucs Release TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins - Claimed by NYJ

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@salsports

Jets claimed former Bucs TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins off waivers. Source told me Bills felt "not the right time" for them to put claim on him

So reading in-between the lines, NYC is the perfect place for him to get his head straight.

Ummm the " right time " would be when the player is actually available to be claimed , correct?

No, right time would be not to pick up a guy who seems to have a drinking problem when you got 3 guys on your team suspended for weed as it is, one guy getting sued for a bar fight, and another of your employees..albeit on a different team, accused of assaulting women at a bar at 3 in the AM...presumably drinking.

Have to be pretty tone deaf to bring that guy at this time.

No, right time would be not to pick up a guy who seems to have a drinking problem when you got 3 guys on your team suspended for weed as it is, one guy getting sued for a bar fight, and another of your employees..albeit on a different team, accused of assaulting women at a bar at 3 in the AM...presumably drinking.

Have to be pretty tone deaf to bring that guy at this time.

In Tampa it was more than just his drinking. Locker room crap, on field crap. at least that is what local sports people say. Really there was zero sympathy when he got cut. I think the Bucs themselves called it strike 3. He was due for a team meeting in 6 hours when he was arrested. Another me first player. Sound familar? lol.

The Bills simply cannot take on any more "projects" the only player that panned out is Incognito. I'd say he doesn't finish the season with the jests. Based on his play alone. In Tampa they called him a huge draft bust before the drunk driving.

Ummm the " right time " would be when the player is actually available to be claimed , correct?

he was available and they passed because it wasn't the right time. Jets were next in waiver order.

I'd guess they didn't think it would be wise to pick up a player Iike this with the multiple suspensions already on their watch.