It all makes sense now!!!!

Sharky7337

We were all clueless as to Rex's master plan. The whole time he knew he was replacing Roman. Little did we realize the real offensive genus was on our team waiting in the wings. May I introduce to you the man that has made offenses look better then anyone else at numerous NFL teams. Rob Ryan, offensive mastermind!

I respecfully disagree. I don't think he had plans to replace Roman. Apparentely the pegulas sat down with Rex this morning and told him how pissed they were about the offensive struggles especially on 3rd down. I think Rex saved his own ass by firing Roman because someone was going to be thrown under the table. If he planned to replace Roman he would have done it in the off season, because it doesn't make sense to go through OTAS and training camp with the O coordinator, and then have a plan to fire him right after

I respecfully disagree. I don't think he had plans to replace Roman. Apparentely the pegulas sat down with Rex this morning and told him how pissed they were about the offensive struggles especially on 3rd down. I think Rex saved his own ass by firing Roman because someone was going to be thrown under the table. If he planned to replace Roman he would have done it in the off season, because it doesn't make sense to go through OTAS and training camp with the O coordinator, and then have a plan to fire him right after

IN this is the case, maybe we should press pause on the love-fest for the Pegulas for a couple weeks, and tell them that firing staff 1/8th of the way into the season is NOT how real franchises operate, so their criticism is warranted, but the offered solution for their concerns was rediculous.

Now, that being the case, I don't buy this angle. If ownership is upset about execution after 2 weeks, Rex wouldn't offer to fire his OC as a means for improving execution.

IN this is the case, maybe we should press pause on the love-fest for the Pegulas for a couple weeks, and tell them that firing staff 1/8th of the way into the season is NOT how real franchises operate, so their criticism is warranted, but the offered solution for their concerns was rediculous.

Now, that being the case, I don't buy this angle. If ownership is upset about execution after 2 weeks, Rex wouldn't offer to fire his OC as a means for improving execution.

Oh I am by no means defending the Pegulas. My point was, at the end of the day, they are the bosses and they were unhappy. I am not saying firing Roman was the right thing to do, but I do believe Rex did it to save his own ass. When the bosses aren't happy, changes are going to be made, warranted or unwarranted

Oh I am by no means defending the Pegulas. My point was, at the end of the day, they are the bosses and they were unhappy. I am not saying firing Roman was the right thing to do, but I do believe Rex did it to save his own ass. When the bosses aren't happy, changes are going to be made, warranted or unwarranted

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to imply that you were praising the Pegulas, I just meant the fan base in general.

I completely agree in your perception of how this appears, it seems like Rex was pressed and sold Roman down the river, or else he could get fired with him at the end of the season. Now, he can tell the ownership at the end if the year that he made the changes that they requested, and might keep his job...

I have never been SOLD on Rex... but wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt, and see his usually strong defense pared with a strong offense, which based on not having a "franchise QB" it seemed like Roman was the guy to do that... but I give up on Rex, now. He sold this team out to save himself, instead of having faith in the coaching staff and players that he has personally assembled.

There is no plan at One Bills Drive. They are all flying by the seat of their pants. From Whaley on down. They are all an embarrassment. The sooner Pegula wakes up and cleans house once and for all, the better off this franchise will be.

Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth.

We were all clueless as to Rex's master plan. The whole time he knew he was replacing Roman. Little did we realize the real offensive genus was on our team waiting in the wings. May I introduce to you the man that has made offenses look better then anyone else at numerous NFL teams. Rob Ryan, offensive mastermind!

I'm sorry but this is a bad post to start a bad thread.