Spikes instead of Zach Brown

tedstrong

THe way the bills have explained this is Zach Brown is the starter.....and gets a blow when Spikes comes in.

When Ragland went down you could see the dissapointment in Rex face....because he knows that Ragland is a "dont come off the field" linebacker.

But...it is what it is....we will have to deal. Overall the D played pretty darn well

JMO, but I saw a slightly overweight, out of shape Spikes yesterday. Granted, he's been out of the League more than a year, but a slo mo replay showed fat rolls waving when he assisted on a tackle. He has to wrap up much more now than when his impact hits ruled his play. When in doubt, go with youth. Again, JMO

That last crucial 1st down was clearly on Zach Brown...Spikes would have stuffed him. I really think more Spikes would help, he's more direct and instinctual. I haven't seen anybody wide pursue that much since Lucius Sanford!

Come on, it was third and a foot. Not much chance of stopping them even if Dareus was there with Ray Lewis behind him.

OldTimer1960, on 12 Sept 2016 - 6:19 PM, said:

Come on, it was third and a foot. Not much chance of stopping them even if Dareus was there with Ray Lewis behind him.

I disagree. On replay, he clearly took a "where he's going" angle as opposed to "where he is". Not only that, Spikes would have sniffed it out way earlier...He's a run stuffing "old dog".

Also...no props for the Lucius Sanford reference? ha :D

JMO, but I saw a slightly overweight, out of shape Spikes yesterday. Granted, he's been out of the League more than a year, but a slo mo replay showed fat rolls waving when he assisted on a tackle. He has to wrap up much more now than when his impact hits ruled his play. When in doubt, go with youth. Again, JMO

stop fat shaming, bro. and stop being so ageist. spikes has the wisdom and bulk that these young punks can't touch.

Spikes should be starting and Brown comes off the bench for 3rd down and 2 min warning and drives where you know they will be throwing a lot. Spikes is the emotional leader and sets the tone early on when they try and run the ball.

you are not the same ones who said he is slow and over the hill two years ago, are you ?

Bills are trying to find whether Z can up his game. I think is doing fine altogether, so far in his first game , with the Bills.

stop fat shaming, bro. and stop being so ageist. spikes has the wisdom and bulk that these young punks can't touch.

You aint moving him much. Thats whats great about us old folks. we hunker down

yep hit the right gap early enough is all you can do. Yanda can move the pile