Sully throws in the towel too

8-8 Forever?

6-10 is Sully's prediction. Gaughan, now him... Why is everyone so down on this team? We actually have a quality starting QB, the roster is healthy (Shady, Kyle, Aaron) and is as good or better than last years and they have the systems down now. Top ten talent (we'll see if they perform at that level) at all key NFL positions. Until the injuries pile up and trash everything, What's not to like? I don't see a healthy roster 6-10. No way.

Edited by 8and8-->NoMore

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When a team has performed poorly for 16 years, coming off a year of high expectations to only go 8-8 (where the defense regressed), the top two draft picks go down, Marcel is suspended, etc.....It's easy for the media to stay "consistent" with the projections.

That said, I'm with you. I'm excited to see the offense perform in year 2 and healthy. Although we're out the top two draft picks, I think the defense is going to surprise alot of people. Here's to a great season, Go Bills!

It's the NFL. Injuries will happen and they aren't an excuse.

The team can definitely compete with anyone if Tyrod builds on last year. I still have my concerns with the defense and offensive line though once the injury bug hits.

The offensive line especially. That unit needs to stay healthy because the depth is not good.

I didn't have a problem with the DL until Dareus suspension. We have good depth there but we will have to run blitz a lot on those four games and we will get exposed at times. LB will have to step up as well in the first quarter of the season.

I don't expect TT to regress but he has to take a couple of steps forward for this team to make the playoffs.

I don't usually blame injuries but they can be catastrophic for a team. (see Vikings)

I think 6-10 is a rather harsh prediction. I certainly agree that this a make or break season and alot of people have to step up for a successful year. If we can stay relatively healthy I believe we will be in the mix and be playing meaningful football games in December. Go Bills!!

6-10 is Sully's prediction. Gaughan, now him... Why is everyone so down on this team? We actually have a quality starting QB, the roster is healthy (Shady, Kyle, Aaron) and is as good or better than last years and they have the systems down now. Top ten talent (we'll see if they perform at that level) at all key NFL positions. Until the injuries pile up and trash everything, What's not to like? I don't see a healthy roster 6-10. No way.

Last year's injuries may be healed but this year's have already begun to kick in. We basically decided to skip the NFL draft's 1st 2nd and 4th rounds. The defensive roster is a shadow of last year's and our best player will miss at least 25% of the year. The defense crashed last year, now it may be time for it to burn.

I agree there are reasons to be optimistic which are mostly, but not entirely on offense. There are a few potentially positive stories on defense which could, but probably won't play out.

Our offense is probably better, our defense is probably worse, our schedule is probably tougher. I can see someone saying 6-10 but I think 8-8 because I hope the defense will improve after MD and Lawson return and Rex is forced to finally give up and go vanilla. 3-5 then 5-3.

Why? It's the NFL. It's unrealistic to think injuries won't happen. Look around the league. Every team gets hit with injuries the teams with the better depth and for the most part better QB play can sustain them.

But to expect to remain mostly healthy is unrealistic. Of course injuries are a part of the game, but your statement is beyond that. They will sustain some injuries, but I have to wonder why they can't even remain "mostly healthy" for the duration of the season. What exactly is that based upon other than a feeling?

The season is played out one week at a time.

We should be looking at the Ravens and no one else.

They have a solid team and are playing at home. When we manage to beat them, then we should discuss the next game.

Football is FINALLY back. We can discuss the upcoming game with a sense of who will actually be on the field (did anyone see the shakeup in the backfield coming? - Williams and Felton gone).

What's-his-face is just stirring the pot. That doesn't mean that we have to taste it.

Edited by NorthBuffaloKid

He's a Boston fan and Mizzou cheerleader. Why would he ever write anything but mud? He loves to rile up everyone and gets paid everytime he writes anything provocative. His job is soooo easy.

I wish I could go to Miami and write for the Herald and just spew pure negativity. Fun!

But to expect to remain mostly healthy is unrealistic. Of course injuries are a part of the game, but your statement is beyond that. They will sustain some injuries, but I have to wonder why they can't even remain "mostly healthy" for the duration of the season. What exactly is that based upon other than a feeling?

I understand what you're saying but we've already had more than our share and the season hasn't started. We will probably have more like all teams and this will only add to the list. We've lost 2 Lawson's, Ragland, Dareus and A Williams in one way or another. That is 5 of 11 projected starters. Sammy and Kyle are question marks. Staying completely healthy from this point forward still leaves us pretty darn dinged up.

He's a Boston fan and Mizzou cheerleader. Why would he ever write anything but mud? He loves to rile up everyone and gets paid everytime he writes anything provocative. His job is soooo easy.

I wish I could go to Miami and write for the Herald and just spew pure negativity. Fun!

Trolling is easy and easy to ignore. He's just pissed that the Sabres' and Bills' brass under the Pegulas keep TBN at an arm's length to prevent them from having any inside knowledge.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Yea I edited it right after you quoted me.

They will have injuries for sure. I guess my point is given the history of some of these players, not expecting them to get hurt may be a little unrealistic. (McCoy, AW, KW, Clay) Watkins and Tyrod are key guys we can't afford injuries to, but would it really be shocking or "bad luck" if either of those guys couldn't stay on the field considering Watkins recent surgery and Tyrods style of play?

Shocking? No because it's football and in the nature of the game. Good health is required for any team to be successful and the Bills are no different. With all of the crap that went wrong last season they still finished at a mediocre and disappointing 8-8. What this season holds none of us really know. We'll see, but if they maintain relatively good health they certainly have playoff potential irrespective of what Sully believes.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz