Players cut by other teams that might fit Bills

YoloinOhio

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surprised (a bit) that the Ravens cut Forsett. They're pretty thin at RB going into W1.

I read they plan to let him test the market and then he will probably crawl back on his hands and knees and be ok with a lower contract. Most teams already have their guy at RB (besides the Pats but I think they like the guy from Tennessee)

Cecil Shorts might be worth a look, he was cut by Texans after one season to go with youth movement even though he's only 28

odd man out as they are loaded at WR with young talent. He had some injury history in Jax but he can still play. Edited by YoloinOhio

That German WR got cut from Vikes

@spotrac

FWIW: Waiver claims from yesterdays NFL roster moves begin processing at 12PM EST: practice squad additions begin at 1PM EST.

I'd like this kid on the practice squad. Size and speed to develop for 1 year.

Yes I suspect he will be going to Vikings Practice Squad. He really has no reason to go to another team now with American girl friend and knowing team in Minnesota unless he thinks another team wanting him has a really thin roster.

Ronnie Hillman cut by the Broncos. Better than Reggie Bush by a country mile. Sign him!

You are missing the value of Bush. Hes return man first, receiver out of the backfield second, RB third. They wanted a Swiss army knife player and he was the cheapest available

You are missing the value of Bush. Hes return man first, receiver out of the backfield second, RB third. They wanted a Swiss army knife player and he was the cheapest available

I don't disagree, but circumstances have changed since they signed Bush: (1) no Karlos. Who carries the load if (when?) McCoy misses some time? I don't have much confidence in Gillislee; (2) Hillman wasn't available, and is a rather unexpected cut; (3) Reggie hasn't shown any of the speed/quickness he used to have. He's 31, coming off major surgery. Hillman is just turning 25 - he was a very young draft pick for the Broncs; (4) Powell is on the roster, so there's a return man I don't think they were expecting to have.

Hillman is an okay back, but they do not have a need at RB.

Well, that's if you believe Bush/Gillislee/JWilliams will contribute, particularly in the passing game. I'd have a lot more confidence in Hillman in that role. Anticipatory response: "But Hillman fumbles a lot, that's why the Broncos never trusted him." My answer: Hillman has fumbled on about 1.6% of his carries + receptions in his career. Bush: 1.8%.

Well, that's if you believe Bush/Gillislee/JWilliams will contribute, particularly in the passing game. I'd have a lot more confidence in Hillman in that role. Anticipatory response: "But Hillman fumbles a lot, that's why the Broncos never trusted him." My answer: Hillman has fumbled on about 1.6% of his carries + receptions in his career. Bush: 1.8%.

You have Shady and Bush who will both contribute in the passing game. Hillman is not needed.

I think the difference of opinion here has to do with how much we think Bush has left in the tank.

Bush isn't an every down player, but he has value in certain packages and as a returner where he'll be utilized in limited opportunities. Hillman will ply his trade elsewhere.

Bush isn't an every down player, but he has value in certain packages and as a returner where he'll be utilized in limited opportunities. Hillman will ply his trade elsewhere.

Ferrari package because it's fast and flashy -Theismann (superdouch)...I would think Cecil Shorts has some value for us though

Edited by bacarri and coke

Disappointed to see Jace Amaro and Justin Hunter claimed by the Titans and Dolphins. We won't know if the Bills put a claim in as both those teams are ahead of them for wire claims. The Bills are perilously lacking in talent at TE behind Clay and have only two good WRs. I can't see this offense being very good if they have any injuries at all.

I have never seen a more passionate Hillman fan!