Week 1: Ravens' Game Preparation - Inactives Announced

26CornerBlitz

If the Bills are going to be a playoff team this year, they have to understand how important this game is.

This is a game that could be vital for playoff tie breakers.

This is a game that the Bills should win, the Ravens offense is not that strong.

The Bills will have to force the Ravens to pass a lot. It'll be good to have Kyle back, but we need to see how Adolphus Washington does in meaningful games.

The Ravens defense is tough, and the Bills have to protect Tyrod. The Bills have to be able to run the ball. If they can, they will win.

I know this all sounds simple, I just don't think the Ravens are that good this year.

Having said that, the Ravens always play tough at home and John Harbaugh always gets the best out of his players.

Week 1 games are tough to predict, I just think the Bills are the more talented team, and I think they will win.

On another note, I saw that the Jets signed LB Victor Ochi, recently released by the Ravens, to their practice squad. I wish the Bills would have picked him up.

:beer:

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to know.

I'm interested to see how the defense performs this year. Rob Ryan has been a disaster the past couple years and Rex has been about average. The personnel upfront has taken a hit as well since Rex arrived.... If the defense doesn't perform this year I think the Ryan bros are done for.

Game 1 will be telling and some cool story lines with Rex and Tyrod returning to Baltimore.

No you are wrong. No chance they get fired after this year. Defense is scheme and personnel. Rob had no players, hence the disaster. and N.O. defense will suck again this year for that same reason. Rex screwed up last year by mixing the old scheme with his in deference to the players who were mentally slow and/or reluctant to go with the Rex D. Blame the "no practice time" CBA for that. All first year staffs are screwed, especially those with unique schemes (like Rex and Roman). No it is pure bred Rex defense this year, baby Mario is gone, and everyone gets it (so i am told). Pegs will give him 4 or 5 years or until this roster unravels for salary cap reasons. Then you can change. Knee jerking coaches in and out is stupidity.

If I'm Baltimore I gameplan for front 7 to focus on Shady, a fulltime spy for TT to keep him from his trademark scrambles that keep drives alive, and probably play cover 2 as long as Goody is opposite Sammy.

On defense we know they will power run the big kid behind that stud RG on short yardage plays. If we stuff their mediocre run game without having to use 8 dudes, I see lots of punting for Baltimore.

Players of the game: Reggie Bush for his punt return TD, Shady, Preston, and Adolphus the NaStY #92 DROY baby!

Bills 23 Balt 16

If I'm Baltimore I gameplan for front 7 to focus on Shady, a fulltime spy for TT to keep him from his trademark scrambles that keep drives alive, and probably play cover 2 as long as Goody is opposite Sammy.

On defense we know they will power run the big kid behind that stud RG on short yardage plays. If we stuff their mediocre run game without having to use 8 dudes, I see lots of punting for Baltimore.

Players of the game: Reggie Bush for his punt return TD, Shady, Preston, and Adolphus the NaStY #92 DROY baby!

Bills 23 Balt 16

Charles Clay all day if they do that, plus I'm looking at Sammy and Woody on slants for chunk yards. One thing about Cover-2 is that the seams are very vulnerable.

By contrast, if it's me, I'm playing underneath zone and "hands up" at the LOS. Clog throwing lanes and roll coverage to Sammy--make Tyrod hit deep shots to someone other than him

Edited by thebandit27

@SiriusXMNFL

#Bills C Eric Wood on making playoffs: I think so...long way to Jan, but I like our team & I'm excited. I'm fired up about our team

ESPN: Ravens' playmakers must step up to avoid missing playoffs in back-to-back seasons
In order to rebound this season, the Ravens need to find playmakers who can step up at critical times.

By contrast, if it's me, I'm playing underneath zone and "hands up" at the LOS. Clog throwing lanes and roll coverage to Sammy--make Tyrod hit deep shots to someone other than him

Which he loved to do with Percy last year. Let's hope that Woods & Goodwin step up.

Charles Clay all day if they do that, plus I'm looking at Sammy and Woody on slants for chunk yards. One thing about Cover-2 is that the seams are very vulnerable.

Call me crazy - I'm not convinced Clay is playing...

Don't count on it...

It's entirely plausible. As I showed earlier, even Belichick needs his players to run his scheme and the Cheaters took a step back defensively the year he took over.

Call me crazy - I'm not convinced Clay is playing...

What gives you that idea?

It's entirely plausible. As I showed earlier, even Belichick needs his players to run his scheme and the Cheaters took a step back defensively the year he took over.

What gives you that idea?

He has been in street clothes for a number of practices this preseason. It's pure speculation on my part (at least I'm honest about that, unlike 90% of you) but I get the impression he is not anywhere near "game healthy."