Backup QBs around the league

Pro Football Focus looked at every teams QB situation and ranked them. I don't want to turn this into an EJ thread so please try not to let it. But skim through this list and look at all the backups back to back. Pretty much every team is screwed without their starter.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-ranking-all-32-nfl-qb-situations/

Pro Football Focus looked at every teams QB situation and ranked them. I don't want to turn this into an EJ thread so please try not to let it. But skim through this list and look at all the backups back to back. Pretty much every team is screwed without their starter.

did it without even trying. And two teams already lost there starter, Romo and Bridgewater. Edited by The Wiz

By default it is entirely an EJ thread.

And it makes a valid point

There are a lot of guys that aren't that great, and aren't that different. You make a decision on what you can and can't sacrifice in your scheming if the starter goes down and find the guy closest to a fit in skill set--- from about 25 to 65 it's a bunch of guys that can either only execute limited sections of the playbook (which leaves them vulnerable to failure) or are more gifted physically but inconsistent in execution.

Most aren't GOOD or BAD, just backups. Kind of like comparing teams depth receivers, or depth running backs... Lots of guys can execute the position just shy of NFL starter levels.

Also looks like a nfl qb starters ranking and then take about the backups. Doesn't look like a backup ranking.

It's an overall qb ranking and obviously the gap in starter quality will define that...

It just happens to show the backups all in one spot for us

It's an overall qb ranking and obviously the gap in starter quality will define that...

Edited my response, realise that now.

We're only 14th on that list? And the Colts, where EJ vastly outplayed Tolzien are at 9? OoooooooooooooK......

guess I'm not the only one that misunderstood.

Yeah, I think it was the showing them all in one spot that did it for me. We actually have one of the better overall situations in the league now, however crazy that sounds.

Those rankings have to be based on the starter because there is no way in hell that Derek Anderson and Landry Jones belong ranked in the top ten

It's a list of QB situations, meaning starter plus backup. I was just asking posters to look through just the backups to see how poor a group of 32-40 they were.

Tyrod and Cardale might end up being a good starter/backup.