Lorenzo Alexander, sacks & flags

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I looked at it again. His left arm wraps close to, if not at, Cousins' knee. That's going to get called.

I really don't understand why they don't require qb's to wear knee braces on both legs. If it's so important to the game that they are protected, the qb's should be required to wear whatever gear makes them less susceptible to injury. I would think it makes this call where contact is initiated above the knees but the act of tackling brings the defender lower easier to not make.

Regarding LoAlex's sack, does anyone think the Bills sent that into the league to get an explanation if the call was correct or not? Would love to hear if Dean Blandino thought it was the correct call. If it was the correct call according to the rules, then that's really lame!

Part of me thinks the refs make even the borderline calls on QB in preseason to send a message but perhaps that particular call wouldn't be made during regular season

Edited by OhDozeBills

I was on vacation and couldn't watch the Bills v Skins game, but I was able to hear the radio broadcast on line. The replay of the Alexander sack shows it was a terrible call. I wanted to ask about the OPI call at the end of the game. I was watching the Browns game in a bar, and Josh Gordon manhandled the DB, pushing him out of the way so Gordon could make a TD catch. The commentators were a little embarrassed that he got away with it but said that's the kind of non-call Gordon always gets. I wondered if the Bill OPI was anywhere close to that level of a push. The Bills commentator on the radio said, yeah, there was a little push but nothing like what receivers usually get away with.

Bottom line, it seemed like Hochuli and crew were just out to screw the Bills, and protect the Skins at all costs. Were there any questionable calls that went in the Bill's favor?

I also just saw the Alexander sack and RTP call. Just wow ... can you imagine how many times Bruce Smith would have been flagged for that?

None. Bruce Smith was a star. There are different rules in the NFL for stars.