Segregation Rears Its Ugly Head---On Campus

http://www.gopusa.com/?p=14056?omhide=true

Hampshire College will offer some of its students what the school euphemistically calls “identity-based housing.” That’s segregated housing for students who — because of their race, culture, gender or sexual orientation — have “historically experienced oppression.” I’d bet the rent money that Hampshire College will not offer Jewish, Irish, Polish, Chinese or Catholic students segregated housing. Because there is no group of people who have not faced oppression, Hampshire College is guilty of religious and ethnic discrimination in its housing segregation policy.

University of Connecticut administrators think that more black men will graduate if they spend more time together. According to Campus Reform, they are building a new residence hall to facilitate just that. Dr. Erik Hines, the faculty director for the program, said that the learning community “is a space for African-American men to … come together and validate their experiences that they may have on campus. … It’s also a space where they can have conversation and also talk with individuals who come from the same background who share the same experience.” By the way, Hampshire College and the University of Connecticut are not alone in promoting racially segregated student housing.

Then there’s an effort for racial segregation in classes. Moraine Valley Community College attempted it in a class titled “College: Changes, Challenges, Choices.” It mandated that some class sections be “limited to African-American students.” The college defended racially segregated classes by saying that they make students “feel comfortable.” After facing massive national notoriety, the college just recently abandoned its racial segregation agenda.

University of Connecticut administrators think that more black men will graduate if they spend more time together. According to Campus Reform, they are building a new residence hall to facilitate just that. Dr. Erik Hines, the faculty director for the program, said that the learning community “is a space for African-American men to … come together and validate their experiences that they may have on campus. … It’s also a space where they can have conversation and also talk with individuals who come from the same background who share the same experience.”

And these are the same people who have been whining for decades about segregation in CT towns, and therefore, schools. Of course they never really explain why a school of primarily black kids would be inferior to a school of primarily white kids in the first place.

http://www.gopusa.com/?p=14056?omhide=true

Hampshire College will offer some of its students what the school euphemistically calls identity-based housing. Thats segregated housing for students who because of their race, culture, gender or sexual orientation have historically experienced oppression. Id bet the rent money that Hampshire College will not offer Jewish, Irish, Polish, Chinese or Catholic students segregated housing. Because there is no group of people who have not faced oppression, Hampshire College is guilty of religious and ethnic discrimination in its housing segregation policy.

University of Connecticut administrators think that more black men will graduate if they spend more time together. According to Campus Reform, they are building a new residence hall to facilitate just that. Dr. Erik Hines, the faculty director for the program, said that the learning community is a space for African-American men to come together and validate their experiences that they may have on campus. Its also a space where they can have conversation and also talk with individuals who come from the same background who share the same experience. By the way, Hampshire College and the University of Connecticut are not alone in promoting racially segregated student housing.

Then theres an effort for racial segregation in classes. Moraine Valley Community College attempted it in a class titled College: Changes, Challenges, Choices. It mandated that some class sections be limited to African-American students. The college defended racially segregated classes by saying that they make students feel comfortable. After facing massive national notoriety, the college just recently abandoned its racial segregation agenda.

Everything old again is new again. This time it's not racist to organize everyone with their own groups it's social justice. If you dont, then your a racist. Got it.

Wtf is wrong in liberal academia. Its turned into a progressive echo chamber with no common sense or appreciation of history.

Figure it out. It's really freakin simple.

In actuality you are not worth my time. You've been a petulant little pissant since I called you out in the lead up to the Trayvon Martin death trial. You've been pissed at me for making you look foolish but what you've never been able to come to grips with is that you yourself made you look foolish. My OP in this thread was meant to show how stupid and hypocritical the supposed higher levels of education were being. I gave you a chance to clarify your response to my OP but again you decided to go the foolish route, aka the Ryan Route.

In actuality you are not worth my time. You've been a petulant little pissant since I called you out in the lead up to the Trayvon Martin death trial. You've been pissed at me for making you look foolish but what you've never been able to come to grips with is that you yourself made you look foolish. My OP in this thread was meant to show how stupid and hypocritical the supposed higher levels of education were being. I gave you a chance to clarify your response to my OP but again you decided to go the foolish route, aka the Ryan Route.

Cool story bro. You set the precedent by being a dick, now I mush your stupid face in the sand daily.

You're as loopy and foolish as your hero Zimmerman is. Get back to work dummy. I was agreeing with you in my first post.

It's just fun smacking that ass.

I wonder how long it will be before the proponents of campus segregation realize that they're essentially in agreement with the KKK?

I rather hope the KKK comes out and endorses ideas like these, so their proponents say "Hey...waaaaait a minute..."

Cool story bro. You set the precedent by being a dick, now I mush your stupid face in the sand daily.

You're as loopy and foolish as your hero Zimmerman is. Get back to work dummy. I was agreeing with you in my first post.

It's just fun smacking that ass.

You didn't make it clear what you were trying to say. I politely asked for clarification and you got all smart ass with me. You need to find a different strain of weed, one that doesn't enhance your assmudgeonry.

Sans the whole wearing hoods thing, "strange fruit" hanging from trees, and those pesky burning crosses on people's lawns.

How conveniently some tend to forget those sticky issues.

Yep, they are basically in agreement. :-/

Different methods? Yes. Same results? Absolutely.

Or is racism only racism when it's violent or aggressive?

I rather hope the KKK comes out and endorses ideas like these, so their proponents say "Hey...waaaaait a minute..."

I would pay money to see that.

Different methods? Yes. Same results? Absolutely.

Or is racism only racism when it's violent or aggressive?

I would pay money to see that.

Far from the same results. Nobody is swinging from a tree. Fear isn't paralyzing anybody.

"Separate but equal" was the law of the land for 50+ years (Plessy). Just saying. Killing people has never been.

FWIW... This doesn't mean I am saying separate is not racism.

Far from the same results. Nobody is swinging from a tree. Fear isn't paralyzing anybody.

"Separate but equal" was the law of the land for 50+ years (Plessy). Just saying. Killing people has never been.

How different were the riots in Milwaukee to the KKK mobs? A reporter fled the area because he was afraid for his life when they started looking for white people to assault.

Don't be obtuse. I'm not talking about the Klan from 50 years ago. Their motivation is still hate, but they've adopted a pro-separatist stance.

How different were the riots in Milwaukee to the KKK mobs?

The rioters weren't wearing hoods. Other than that, I see little difference.