Walter Powell

Coach55

If other players are constantly having to instruct him they aren't concentrating on what they need to do. And if it happens to be in a hurry up situation, he could slow everything down and that is a no no. If Rex is pointing out this issue then it is a serious issue. Coaches, at any level, are not prone to cut players who can help their teams win games.

I guess it depends on how often he needs to be told what to do. If he's being told ever other play then it's a concern. If he's being told every 6-9 plays, it could just be him not knowing the playbook yet. Hard to tell at this point. He was key in the two minute that Jones ran so he must have either known the play or Jones told him quickly to get his ass open #OVERTHEMIDDLE.

I think Powell has been the most consistent of the guys fighting for one of the wr positions. When I saw him at camp he definitely stood out more than the others.

Good news to here from you ! Thanks again for your reports

well one person did not. Thats for sure :bag:

I guess it depends on how often he needs to be told what to do. If he's being told ever other play then it's a concern. If he's being told every 6-9 plays, it could just be him not knowing the playbook yet. Hard to tell at this point. He was key in the two minute that Jones ran so he must have either known the play or Jones told him quickly to get his ass open #OVERTHEMIDDLE.

Re: playbook, remember he's been with the team since we put him on the practice squad last November.

I do not want Goodwin returning EVER. I hope Powell makes the roster because he can pass catch though.

Lol'd to your reference, still.

Re: playbook, remember he's been with the team since we put him on the practice squad last November.

so has Salas and Lewis was drafted last year. Both have had the playbook as long if not longer. So either they are smarter and less athletical gifted or Powell is dumber and more athletically gifted.

I do not want Goodwin returning EVER. I hope Powell makes the roster because he can pass catch though.

Lol'd to your reference, still.

I don't trust Goodwin to last either.

I do what I can.

so has Salas and Lewis was drafted last year. Both have had the playbook as long if not longer. So either they are smarter and less athletical gifted or Powell is dumber and more athletically gifted.

I don't trust Goodwin to last either.

I do what I can.

I think Lewis is going to PS again :wallbash:

He could make Reggie expendable.

HA !

Powell -- who cares. he won't get two looks per game. May get 2 punt returns per game if Reggie gets hurt.

Have to fill the roster out with someone who can play football. what's your WR cutdown?

I know woods suppose to be number two but why is he given the spot automatically, I understand Sammy but everything else should be opened. I haven't watch any training camp practice but I've looked at preseason games haven't seen much of woods

Edited by Bigantall

Well, problem with that is he has been with the team since the end of last season. He should've known the playbook months ago. If he doesn't is he not putting the time in to study?

Well we're not gonna know what Powell is really capable of til we have Tyrod throwing to him in the next preseason game. EJ can make any wide receiver look questionable.

I like Powell alot and i like his route running especially the first few moves he makes as doon as the ball is hiked. He isn't a speedy guy but can get separation. I would say in quick release short to medium throws, he's a perfect fit.

I know woods suppose to be number two but why is he given the spot automatically, I understand Sammy but everything else should be opened. I haven't watch any training camp practice but I've looked at preseason games haven't seen much of woods

Well, if nobody -- not coaches, players, media -- are questioning Woods as the #2, why should you? If your answer is preseason stats, you need to reassess.

Well we're not gonna know what Powell is really capable of til we have Tyrod throwing to him in the next preseason game. EJ can make any wide receiver look questionable.

I like Powell alot and i like his route running especially the first few moves he makes as doon as the ball is hiked. He isn't a speedy guy but can get separation. I would say in quick release short to medium throws, he's a perfect fit.

Absolutely agree, he is shifty can separate at the top of the route...

http://www.cover1.net/2016/08/walter-powells-game/