TOD 8/18: Season-game by game-what do you expect - 49'ers

We will go through the upcoming season one game at a time. Post your thoughts on the following:

- Who wins the game?

- What is the best player to player matchup in the game (best game within the game)?

- If the Bills are to win what must they do from a gameplan perspective?

Week six - the 49ers (in Buffalo) - what are your thoughts?

This should be a win for the Bills. The 49ers have had quite the fall from the peak Harbaugh years and their offensive skill positions are very average.

Best matchup, Cordy Glenn vs Aaron Lynch or Gilmore/Darby vs Torrey Smith.

For the Bills to win I think they need to top 20 points and not have a defensive clunker. That's about all it should take to beat this Niners squad.

We will go through the upcoming season one game at a time. Post your thoughts on the following:

- Who wins the game?

- What is the best player to player matchup in the game (best game within the game)?

- If the Bills are to win what must they do from a gameplan perspective?

Week six - the 49ers (in Buffalo) - what are your thoughts?

- Buffalo wins; if they can't beat Blaine Gabbert and Chip Kelly they should hang 'em up.

- Best player matchup by far: Jerry Hughes against Joe Staley

- To win: Buffalo needs to run and stop the run. The '9ers should have a solid run game with Carlos Hyde and an offensive line that gets a boost from the return of RT Anthony Davis. We know Buffalo's bread-and-butter is the run game, and SF's front-7 features a lot of young talent.

I thought Gabbert looked pretty solid last year but I'm not big on Chip Kelly. I expect us to win this one. Dareus will be back by then. If we don't win this one, not only are we not going to the playoffs this year, but it may be a sign that we need to rebuild.

Matcup: Basically our o-line vs their defensive front

In order to win: Look for Sammy. This is a secondary he should be able to put up big numbers against