Preseason Projections for the Bills' 2016 53 Man Roster

To be honest, with Ragland and Shaq hurt and Dareus suspended, I had trouble finding a 53rd guy for the front 7. I don't think they're going to keep 11 DBs, so it came down to identifying the DL/DT/LB/EDGE guy with the most updside/versatility, so I went with Strike.

I also had to stretch to find an 8th OLmen worth keeping given how poorly Velasco has played. I know he's not great, but it would be huge if Henderson could get healthy and be available; 2 backup OTs and a backup interior guy seems the way to go to me (at least with the current crop of players). Now, that may change if they feel that another interior guy from someone else's cuts is their best option.

not for the first time..... I second all of what bandit said ^^.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks...in fact, I went back and edited my post to put Henderson on the final 53

I'm not exactly sure on roster designations. I know Henderson can't go back to an NFI designation once he's been cleared but, if he's not ready for action, can he be put on the PUP list for the time being?

I will learn this stuff one day. :lol:

I'm not exactly sure on roster designations. I know Henderson can't go back to an NFI designation once he's been cleared but, if he's not ready for action, can he be put on the PUP list for the time being?

I will learn this stuff one day. :lol:

I think the PUP list deadline has passed--I believe it's available up until the first TC practice.

From now on, it's IR, IR-DTR, or active roster only.

I think the PUP list deadline has passed--I believe it's available up until the first TC practice.

From now on, it's IR, IR-DTR, or active roster only.

Yup. There are two different PUP lists (preseason and regular season) but once a player practices during training camp all PUP options are off the table. You only get to the regular season PUP list if you were already on the preseason PUP list.

Yup. There are two different PUP lists (preseason and regular season) but once a player practices during training camp all PUP options are off the table. You only get to the regular season PUP list if you were already on the preseason PUP list.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Physically_unable_to_perform

I know that Marrone tried Kouandjio at guard at one point (out of desperation to find something he didn't suck at one presumes) but one presumes that if they go that route of 2 backup OTs backing up two positions (Henderson and Kujo) and only one back up interior guy (Groy) backing up three positions they try and cross train either Kujo or Seantrel to slide inside if required?

My 53 man roster as of 8-22-16:

QB: T. Taylor; EJ Manuel; C. Jones (3)
FB: J. Felton (1)
RB: L. McCoy; R. Bush; M Gillislee; J. Williams (4)
TE: C. Clay; C. Gragg; Dray (3)
WR: S. Watkins; R. Woods; G. Salas; M. Goodwin; W. Powell; ​G. Little (6)
OL: C. Glenn; R. Incognito; E. Wood; J. Miller; J. Mills; C. Kouandjio; S. Henderson; R. Groy; (8)

DL: K. Williams; A. Washington; J. Worthy; C. Bryant; L. Douzable (5)
OLB: J. Hughes; Sh. Lawson; M. Lawson; L. Alexander; E. Striker; K. Biermann (6)
ILB: P. Brown; Z. Brown; D. Hawthorne; ​B. Spikes (4)
CB: S. Gilmore; R. Darby; N. Robey-Coleman; K. Seymour; C. White (5)
S: A. Williams; C. Graham; R. Blanton; D. Williams; C. Anderson (5)

K: D. Carpenter (1)
P. C. Schmidt (1)
LS: G. Sanborn (1)

Of course, DT M. Dareus will be added after Week #4. Sh. Lawson makes the final roster so that he doesn't have to miss 6 games.

Guys on the bubble: J. Williams, Dray, Striker.

Bill could replace J. Williams with M. Easley, Dray with Dareus, and Striker with Albright.

My latest update:

QB (3) - T. Taylor, E. Manuel, C. Jones

RB (4) - L. McCoy, M. Gilislee, R. Bush, J. Williams

FB (1) - J. Felton

WR (6) - S. Watkins, R. Woods, M. Goodwin, G. Salas, W. Powell, G. Little

TE (3) - C. Clay, C. Gragg, J. Dray

OT (4) - C. Glenn, J. Mills, C. Kouandjio, S. Henderson

OG (3) - R. Incognito, J. Miller, R. Groy

C (1) - E. Wood

K (1) - D. Carptenter

P (1) - C. Schmidt

LS (1) - G. Sanborn

DL (3) - C. Bryant, A. Washington, J. Worthy

DT (3) - K. Williams, C. Walker, A. Ta'amu

EDGE (5) - J. Hughes, M. Lawson, L. Alexander, E. Stryker, K. Biermann

LB (4) - P. Brown, Z. Brown, B. Spikes, D. Hawthorne

CB (5) - S. Gilmore, R. Darby, N. Robey-Coleman, C. White, K. Seymour

S (5) - A. Williams, C. Graham, R. Blanton, C. Anderson, D. Williams

PUP - S. Lawson, M. Easley

RES/SUS - M. Dareus

IR - R. Ragland, I. Enemkpali

Probably the best I've seen so far. I would keep Velasco over Striker though.