Bills power rankings

Beerball

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like this article on the NFL site - rankings and SuperBowl likelihood. We're at 12 - Fire everyone!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000748364/article/nfl-power-rankings-week-13-oakland-raiders-enter-top-three

Such an important win for the Bills on Sunday. At 6-5, they are still a game back in the wild-card race. Yet, two of the teams they trail are certainly vulnerable. The 7-4 Broncos still have games remaining against the Patriots, Chiefs and Raiders. The Dolphins are the weakest team in the NFL with seven wins or more. Buffalo will host Adam Gase's upstarts at New Era Field on Christmas Eve. Then Rex Ryan's outfit closes out the season in, of all places, MetLife Stadium against those lovable Jets. #footballisfamily

Updated FPI rankings

Points deducted, but FPI still loves Bills

Even as the Bills' playoff hopes dwindled, ESPN's FPI kept Buffalo ranked very high. Ironically, now that the Bills are back in the conversation, they drop two spots this week following a shootout win over the Jags.

Bills at 8 and Raiders at 14.

@si_nfl

.@ChrisBurke_SI enlists America's greatest poet for help at the bottom of his Week 13 Power Rankings: http://on.si.com/2gG9ctG

13. Buffalo Bills

Last Week: 12
Record: 6–5
Can the Bills find four more wins on a schedule that still includes games with Oakland, Pittsburgh and Miami? Does Rex Ryan deserve Coach of the Year consideration if he somehow gets his team to the playoffs? Is that Rob Ryan’s real hair or does he just refuse to take off a Gandalf wig? All questions without easy answers.

The pecking order entering the final quarter
There are four weeks left in the regular season. What is the NFL hierarchy as we head into the stretch run? Elliot Harrison reshuffles the deck, with two proud franchises re-entering the top 10.

RANK 16

BUF.png

6-6 BILLS

Tweeted some time during the third quarter Sunday that the Bills looked awfully impressive. Then they were just plain awful. Literally five minutes after that thought bubble punctured the Twitterverse, Tyrod Taylor starting playing like Bruce Mathison (look him up), the defense appeared to be transported by Scotty directly from the Gailey years and the rest of the afternoon became a Silver & Black track meet. Now what? Win out. Steelers, Browns, Dolphins, Jets ... Gotta win out.

my prediction: an all out Buffalo Bills ending to end all Buffalo Bills endings. We win all four, go 10-6, lose tie-breaker.

or we give the Browns their only win.

I'm deciding which is more Billsy.

I'd say losing to the Browns, while beating Pittsburgh, Miami, and the Jets, where a win against the Browns would have ensured a playoff spot.

• 2 weeks later...