David Hawthorne also now a Bill (LB)

eball

Whatever the case with Ragland, I like that the Bills are moving forward aggressively with a contingency plan while there are still weeks before the season.

Why is that commendable? They just had to shorten a scrimmage because lack of LB's, a day later they sign two linebackers. Seems like standard operating procedure for any organization.

Whatever the case with Ragland, I like that the Bills are moving forward aggressively with a contingency plan while there are still weeks before the season.

Smh?

Its at the point where we praise them for doing what they should be doing?

If we aren't to praise someone for doing what they should be doing, then when DO we praise them?

Seriously, kudos to the FO for getting on this quickly.

GM Mickey Loomis signed him away from Seattle in 2012, but Hawthorne proved a mediocre run defender and was always a huge liability in coverage.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5029/david-hawthorne

anyone available in early August -when all rosters are at their largest - has some significant liabilities somewhere. He's being signed because he can likely learn the playbook and scheme quickly having played for Rob.

anyone available in early August -when all rosters are at their largest - has some significant liabilities somewhere. He's being signed because he can likely learn the playbook and scheme quickly having played for Rob.

Or to get through preseason. Can't see this dude seeing much playing time without more injuries.

Smh?

Its at the point where we praise them for doing what they should be doing?

I forgot the first rule of the board...if you're not here to bash the organization, STAY OFF MY LAWN!!!!

And by the way, since when was the statement "I like what they're doing" considered praise?

You are so focused upon being the most pessimistic MF'er ever that it has completely clouded your ability to add anything productive to the discussion.

Edited by eball

. #Bills sign LBs Brandon Spikes & David Hawthorne & TE Jimmay Mundine. Kevin Reddick waived/injured. Arenas, Chambers released.

New #Bills TE Jimmay Mundine: 6'2"/240. Most TDs by TE in Kansas history (11) Led KU w/ 45 recs/584 yds in '14. UDFA. Was on Patriots in '15