Greg Little and the WR Battle

He certainly "looked the part" when I saw him at TC, and it seems like the coaches are giving him every chance to prove himself.

I feel as though Little has always looked the part. It's just that he's a WR with shaky hands when the pads are on.

If Little is standing out as one of the most consistient WRs, then I'm even more concerned about that group than I was. I say that somewhat tongue in cheek. Little has always been a physical specimen and an excellent blocker, but one with hands of stone. When he was with the Browns I read reports of him doing things like spending extra time after practice with the JUGS machine, but I also heard rumors that he didn't dedicate himself to his profession like he should have. He'd be a hell of a find if he did dedicate himself and if his hands did somehow become reliable. Admittedly the hands are a huge "if" and I'm going to need to see real proof before I believe it, but his upside is huge. A sure handed Little would help this team enormously.

I can barely keep track of all these WRs. One day Salas looks good, the next day it's Lewis, now it's Little...I'm not even sure who's who anymore.

He has been the most impressive in camp. The test for Little is his hands in pre-season games when bullets are flying.

The WR competition is the most interesting aspect of the preseason, IMO and I am looking forward to see what guys like Little and Dez and Goodwin do in that first game Saturday.

Last preseason Roman didn't show us much of his running game so that will also be a point of interest to me. Will he run his real offense to see if he can sort out the RB rotation?

The WR competition is the most interesting aspect of the preseason, IMO and I am looking forward to see what guys like Little and Dez and Goodwin do in that first game Saturday.

Last preseason Roman didn't show us much of his running game so that will also be a point of interest to me. Will he run his real offense to see if he can sort out the RB rotation?

You made that bet on shady for the 17' season, let's make a bet on the WR battle. I say Little wins the 3 WR job hands down.

You made that bet on shady for the 17' season, let's make a bet on the WR battle. I say Little wins the 3 WR job hands down.

I don't have a favorite for #3 but like I said I am looking forward to seeing how these guys look.

It will mostly be with EJ and Cardale but I expect the passing game to be very vertical in preseason.

I don't have a favorite for #3 but like I said I am looking forward to seeing how these guys look.

It will mostly be with EJ and Cardale but I expect the passing game to be very vertical in preseason.

Looking at the WRs after Watkins and Woods, the Bills 3rd WR might not even be on the roster right now. If no one steps up and takes the job, then Whaley will have to find a cut/waived WR or trade for one.

Yeah people loved Thompson and Davis in preseason last year, I have a feeling Little is going to excite the fan base once everyone gets eyes on him. He is physically superior to Woods, if he can keep focused and takes this as his last oppurtunity to earn a real contract then we may benefit. I'm crossing my fingers on this one.

Greg Little is the exact type of player Ryan & co. will CUT.... Works hard, shows tremendous skill, but doesn't have a notorious name like 'John Connor', and he hasn't broken any of his teammates jaws. -Lately.

Perhaps he'll wise up and get-to-swingin' on somebody!

Greg Little is the exact type of player Ryan & co. will CUT.... Works hard, shows tremendous skill, but doesn't have a notorious name like 'John Connor', and he hasn't broken any of his teammates jaws. -Lately.

Perhaps he'll wise up and get-to-swingin' on somebody!

This is entertaining, but riddled declarations with no basis in fact.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Yeah people loved Thompson and Davis in preseason last year, I have a feeling Little is going to excite the fan base once everyone gets eyes on him. He is physically superior to Woods, if he can keep focused and takes this as his last oppurtunity to earn a real contract then we may benefit. I'm crossing my fingers on this one.

I would love it if either Woods either plays far better than he has shown he is capable of or if someone beats him out by playing better.

No doubt Woods isn't the physical specimen you want there at #2 and despite the singing of praise for his blocking what this offense really needs is a big play threat opposite Watkins to help keep defenses spread out.

Little isn't a 4.3-4.4 guy but can block and he has similar physical measurables to Eric Moulds who was very productive as a vertical WR because he could win a lot of contested pass situations. Seems Little has done that at camp to this point.

This is entertaining, but riddled declarations with no basis in fact.

:o So Little doesn't work hard, doesn't show skill, and HAS, in fact broken some of his teammate's Jaws? -Where are your facts to back your statement?

Watching him early in his career here in Cleveland, it seemed like he dropped 100% of the balls thrown his way. Maybe fighting for his NFL life will benefit him, but I have seen nothing to say that I'd rather have him over virtually anyone else.

:o So Little doesn't work hard, doesn't show skill, and HAS, in fact broken some of his teammate's Jaws? -Where are your facts to back your statement?

The dispute was that he'd be cut in favor of an ex-Jet player, not that he doesn't have the positive attributes you posted.