Bills' 2016 Training Camp - Day 3

Beerball

That's my only gripe with what Joe has been reporting... maybe that's what they are working on, checking down. He said on Facebook yesterday that a WR, can't remember who, had opened up downfield and TT didn't see him and instead checked down. Maybe that's what the coaches wanted to see. But who knows.

I wasn't there for the full 7 on 7 but can tell you that when they were running earlier drills they were doing a lot of screens and check downs. Edited by The Wiz

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's my only gripe with what Joe has been reporting... maybe that's what they are working on, checking down. He said on Facebook yesterday that a WR, can't remember who, had opened up downfield and TT didn't see him and instead checked down. Maybe that's what the coaches wanted to see. But who knows.

i had that same thought. IMO he heaved it downfield almost too often last year when he'd have been better off checking down.

New do to break the drought perhaps?

@SalSports

WR Greg Little shows up on first offense in early team portion. Combination with Woods and Lewis.

I'm not shocked. Goodwin was in there early so they are probably rotating in the potential #4 guys.

Though, perhaps the people who have been at camp can tell me this: is it looking like a lot of 3 WR sets?

i had that same thought. IMO he heaved it downfield almost too often last year when he'd have been better off checking down.

A huge key for Taylor and the offense this year has to be moving the chains. Checking down on early downs gets yards, rather than being "all or nothing" with the downfield bombs.

I'm not shocked. Goodwin was in there early so they are probably rotating in the potential #4 guys.

Though, perhaps the people who have been at camp can tell me this: is it looking like a lot of 3 WR sets?

One of his TC pressers Rex was talking about how much of our groupings will be "base" both offense & defense. Critical thing is for the offense and defense to be unpredictable out of their base. That tells me not so much 3-4 wide...but I ain't been there.

@salmaiorana

Cardale Jones just threw a pass so far off target it knocked the phone out of the hand of a reporter 40 feet behind the sideline.

And how does he know he wasn't aiming for the reporter? Maybe it was Rodak. Smh

Edited by YoloinOhio

Mike Rodak @mikerodak 2m2 minutes ago

First Bills deep ball of the day from Tyrod Taylor goes to Greg Little, who makes a great adjustment to best... http://es.pn/2ap6hyy

Joe Buscaglia @JoeBuscaglia 3m3 minutes ago

We've got our first lap runner. Adolphus Washington jumped offsides on the first play of team drills. Running he goes. #Bills

@JeremyWGR

Self-reporting here: I may be sleeping on a healthy Robert Woods. Played lot of last season hurt. #Bills

@thadbrown7

Woods continues to beat Darby 1v1. Little flashing again until drop on easy out in 1v1s. We can put our cameras down for Cardale passes.

@salmaiorana

Cardale Jones just threw a pass so far off target it knocked the phone out of the hand of a reporter 40 feet behind the sideline.

Mike Rodak ‏@mikerodak · 3m3 minutes ago

It's lap day here at Bills camps Eric Wood, Adolphus Washington the first one lapping the field after flags, as... http://es.pn/2ap62n9

Josh Reed ‏@4JoshReed · 5m5 minutes ago

#Bills camp: 3 days 3 impressive catches by WR Greg Little. Rinse and repeat

Sal Capaccio ‏@SalSports · 54s54 seconds ago

WR Walter Powell has been the target of several deep passes today.

Sal Capaccio ‏@SalSports · 1m1 minute ago

Leger Douzable getting some run at DT with the ones. #BillsCamp