Election 2016: Post Convention

33 members have voted

1. 1. Which candidate for POTUS do you plan to vote for?

• Clinton
    • Trump
    • Johnson
    • Stein

Moderators for the 2016 presidential debates revealed: http://hill.cm/gTrtB8j

CrWseCEWgAQPmnB.jpg

"Moderators" for presidential debates......why didn't they just choose Lanny Davis, Sid Bleumenthal, and Huma ?

Debate moderators include 2 Clinton Foundation former members and someone who had Obama as a guest at her wedding.

Bang up job again Reince !

Edited by B-Man

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CrWseCEWgAQPmnB.jpg

"Moderators" for presidential debates......why didn't they just choose Lanny Davis, Sid Bleumenthal, and Huma ?

Debate moderators include 2 Clinton Foundation former members and someone who had Obama as a guest at her wedding.

Bang up job again Reince !

Good Gawd, the second guy looks like some kind of alien hybrid with that forehead

Hillary polling behind Trump? No problem! MSNBC’s got her back

Crs3fPyWcAAaxEe.jpg Desperate times call for desperate measures. Isn’t that right, MSNBC?

.Apparently only those who voted in 2012 can vote this year ? :doh:

http://twitchy.com/sd-3133/2016/09/06/hillary-polling-behind-trump-no-problem-msnbcs-got-her-back/

I thought '20 point lead' for Hillary was the current conventional wisdom.

Hillary polling behind Trump? No problem! MSNBCs got her back

Crs3fPyWcAAaxEe.jpg Desperate times call for desperate measures. Isnt that right, MSNBC?

.Apparently only those who voted in 2012 can vote this year ? :doh:

http://twitchy.com/sd-3133/2016/09/06/hillary-polling-behind-trump-no-problem-msnbcs-got-her-back/

So we should fully expect Trump to say something stupid and offensive to put Hillary back in the lead right?

Wow: GOP leads Senate races in all four key battleground states

Our undecided electorate

I think everyone recognizes that the presidential race has tightened considerably in the past two weeks. Hillary Clinton’s national lead is down to around 3 points and, as one would expect, the swing states are pretty consistent with the national margin.

But here’s something I think many people don’t realize or haven’t focused on. Around 20 percent of the electorate is either undecided or saying it will vote for someone other than Clinton or Donald Trump, according to Nate Silver.

How does this figure compare to the recent elections? Silver says it’s much higher. Four years ago, only 5 to 10 percent were undecided or prepared to vote for someone other than Obama and Romney at the corresponding stage of the campaign.

Given the poor quality of the two major party candidates, it’s not surprising that the number this year is considerably higher. Indeed, I’m part of that number — undecided between voting for Trump and not voting. As Silver says, though, most people (me included) are focused on on the margin between Clinton and Trump, not the large proportion of votes still potentially up for grabs.

If one focuses on the 20 percent, the outcome of the election becomes less certain than many suppose. Can Trump make big inroads with this group by staying on message, avoiding unnecessary fights, reaching out to minorities (as he’s been trying to do), and meeting fairly low expectations during the debates? Quite possibly.

Can Hillary hold her own (or better) with the 20 percent even in the face of what’s likely to be the drip-drip of email related news? Yes, I think, if Trump goes off the rails again or struggles during the debates. Otherwise, maybe not.

Edited by B-Man

Seems like Trump and the GOP have major momentum right now... I've been out of the country and largely ignoring politics, anyone with clif notes for the last week or two?

RCP:

Clinton 41.2%
Trump 39.1 %
Johnson 9.0 %
Stein 3.3%

538 Polls Plus:

Clinton: 68% chance of winning (down from 80% one month ago)

Trump: 32% chance of winning (up from 20% one month ago)

Edited by Dorkington

Seems like Trump and the GOP have major momentum right now... I've been out of the country and largely ignoring politics, anyone with clif notes for the last week or two?

RCP:

Clinton 41.2%

Trump 39.1 %

Johnson 9.0 %

Stein 3.3%

538 Polls Plus:

Yeah, Trump has gone from saying stuff that was extremely idiotic a month ago to a more mild version of his dumbassery. He's graded on a curve.

That, and the fact that Hillary's emails and foundation lies and corruption have come to the forefront.

RCP:

Clinton 41.2%

Trump 39.1 %

Johnson 9.0 %

Stein 3.3%

538 Polls Plus:

Hillary made a yuuuuge mistake giving the alt-right publicity. Millions of white Americans are waking up to the fact that they are being duped and genocided.

Edited by Ozymandius

RCP:

Clinton 41.2%

Trump 39.1 %

Johnson 9.0 %

Stein 3.3%

538 Polls Plus:

It's not so much that Trump is rising as Hiliary is fading. Both major candidates have a ceiling of maybe 45% of the popular vote.

Hiliary, like her husband twice before her, will be elected President with a majority of Americans voting against than for them.

If you thought Congressional Republicans were obstructionist now, wait until they square off against a President with no mandate

CrWseCEWgAQPmnB.jpg

Bang up job again Reince

Guess which moderator is under fire for connections to a campaign?

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/chris-wallace-shouldn-moderate-presidential-debate-clinton-pal-article-1.2786273

Hint, the one who isn't tied to the Clintons