Want your own offshore evil headquarters?

Just Jack

Sweet! The stupid Government paid 90 mil to the USCG, and then another Government agency said the site wouldn't work??? Would have made sense to involve the the eventual inspection agency in the deal, before it closed.i Kind of like a pre-sale inspection, or maybe a "subject to" inspection clause in the original contract?

At least we didn't buy it from the Russians or Chinese! I have property that likely wouldn't work either, but I'm open to all Government offers.

To say it needs a little TLC is an understatement.

The floor is coming up, the ceilings are coming down, needs a fresh coat of paint in something other than warning yellow and seasick blue.

At least you could make as much noise as you want without getting the police called on you.

Sweet! The stupid Government paid 90 mil to the USCG, and then another Government agency said the site wouldn't work??? Would have made sense to involve the the eventual inspection agency in the deal, before it closed.i Kind of like a pre-sale inspection, or maybe a "subject to" inspection clause in the original contract?

At least we didn't buy it from the Russians or Chinese! I have property that likely wouldn't work either, but I'm open to all Government offers.

$90,000 I read, not 90 mil. Big diff!

"The U.S. Department of Energy assumed oversight of the tower from the Coast Guard in 2012 for $90,000."

Yeah. Hate to spoil the surprise, but The Kehlsteinhaus is almost ready for your 50th in a few years!

:-P :-P

Hey...I'm building a supervillain lair in the mountains. Maybe that's what I'll name it. Kehlsteinhaus.

Hey...I'm building a supervillain lair in the mountains. Maybe that's what I'll name it. Kehlsteinhaus.

It is a little early, your first "retreat warming gift"... Look for it in the mail and enjoy your solitude!

http://www.zazzle.com/no_idiots_allowed_classic_round_sticker

:-)

Ooops, I am an idiot:

http://orig06.deviantart.net/ecc9/f/2007/223/f/0/no_idiots_by_wirlygig.jpg

Hopefully you'll remember to protect the only ventilation shaft to the outside with more than a padlock that can be shot off.

The sale of the tower does not include submerged land or any meteorological equipment.

This is one of 6 "Texas Towers" on east coast of US (RI, NY, VA, NC (2), GA). RI, NY and GA are gone.

The "not include submerged land" clause means that divers can continue to use it as fishing spot as they do another Texas Tower off coast of NC. The Frying Pan Shoals Light Tower, another one off coast of NC is currently used as a bed and breakfast for 8.

Pirate radio station!!

Evil Tesla type coil/death ray for DC to control the whole Eastern Seaboard!

I would rethink Tom. Lex Luther would always keep his options open!

At the very least, even if it only changes all the traffic lights in the DC area red to green when you are driving through!

:-)