Andre Johnson wants a shot

If TT can work his pocket a bit better ( i think he will ).

But does AJ want to take that beating like Woods did?

I was thinking Bolden.

I'm not hopeful of TT as the league will be aware of his strengths and shut him down like with what happened Flutie. To me he is a RB with a good arm but this is what Rex wants.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking Bolden.

I'm not hopeful of TT as the league will be aware of his strengths and shut him down like with what happened Flutie. To me he is a RB with a good arm but this is what Rex wants.

We might disagree about TT.

But lets hope for the best.

I do agree Defenses will demand he improve his field vision.

But if you check some of the more recent tape reviews from ETurner or R Quinn you will hopefully see Tyrod improved his scanning.

Also Roman might have been Taylors hindrance at times. For sure early in the season. He was doing half the field post snap read.

One of the reasons i though Johnson might be a fit is his exp and consistency in route running.

But if defenses are not going to take him seriously and he really is as slow as some say, might as well go with Hankerson or Little ( :unsure: )

So you can't answer the question then, can you? B-)

Nope, I don't know how to use google either........it's duly noted that you think RB and WR both have about the same career longevity though.

I respectfully disagree but can only think of a few dozen examples off the top of my head. :flirt:

Maybe an interested observer could decide this for us to spare me a verbal lashing for being right from certain Deranged poster. :beer:

Nope, I don't know how to use google either........it's duly noted that you think RB and WR both have about the same career longevity though.

I respectfully disagree but can only think of a few dozen examples off the top of my head. :flirt:

Maybe an interested observer could decide this for us to spare me a verbal lashing for being right from certain Deranged poster. :beer:

I never said they had the same career longevity.

I'd wish the Bills would sign Boldin.

Not that I think we shouldn't be giving our young WRs a chance to prove us all wrong but if you're set at taking a vet WR I'd take Boldin's hard nosed physicality--more to offer (Ed Reed--wish you could tell us what you think!).

So if LeSean McCoy is basically 30, then Matt Forte who is 30 now, with nearly 400 more carries, is what? 34?

What about Frank Gore who is 33 now and has 1,000 more carries than McCoy? When did he go over the hill?

DeMarco Murray 28? He has 500 less carries than McCoy! We should knock off 3 years. The Titans got a fresh 25 year old back!

Subjecting other players status and health to other players is ridiculous. A player is done when he is done. There are plenty of examples of players playing longer than expected, and players not doing as well as expected.

That said, I would give Andre Johnson a try but not a guarantee. If he can't make the roster then we know not to waste a roster spot on him.

So if LeSean McCoy is basically 30, then Matt Forte who is 30 now, with nearly 400 more carries, is what? 34?

What about Frank Gore who is 33 now and has 1,000 more carries than McCoy? When did he go over the hill?

DeMarco Murray 28? He has 500 less carries than McCoy! We should knock off 3 years. The Titans got a fresh 25 year old back!

Subjecting other players status and health to other players is ridiculous. A player is done when he is done. There are plenty of examples of players playing longer than expected, and players not doing as well as expected.

That said, I would give Andre Johnson a try but not a guarantee. If he can't make the roster then we know not to waste a roster spot on him.

Forte has played 8 seasons and McCoy is entering his 8th.

You have an odd habit of accidentally illustrating my point and acting as if you are somehow discrediting it. :lol:

As a runner, Forte has been in decline.....the last two years he dropped from a regular 4.5-4.6 ypr guy down to 3.9 and 4.1 respectively......below the league average per carry.......not good.

His value is as a legit threat to make plays in the passing game. He's not just a back who can catch some short passes. He catches the ball that McCoy bobbles and gets knocked away.......but no question that Forte is well over the hill as a pure runner.

I could go on and address the other two sub 4 ypr backs from last year that you seem to think are elite........ but I don't want to be accused of bloviating. :flirt:

Forte has played 8 seasons and McCoy is entering his 8th.

You think you are making points but the reality is you aren't. The players I listed kill your point, if you were being intellectually honest.

Forte was 28 and had 1,550 carries and still performed at 4.6 yards per carry. This is the age and carries you say McCoy is done for. Doesn't count though, am I right?

Gore was 28 and had 1,650 carries and still performed at 4.3 yards per carry. This is the age and carries you say McCoy is done for. Doesn't count though, am I right? Not only that but the next year at 29 with 1911 carries and buckled knees and grey hair he cruised by defenders at 4.7 years per carry.

The point that you consistently try to make that McCoy is "over the hill" at 26, and 27 is laughable though. You tend to be stuck between "McCoy just isn't good" and "McCoy is over the hill" and switch back and forth whenever it suits you. Keep trying though.

Edited by What a Tuel

You think you are making points but the reality is you aren't. The players I listed kill your point, if you were being intellectually honest.

Forte was 28 and had 1,550 carries and still performed at 4.6 yards per carry. This is the age and carries you say McCoy is done for. Doesn't count though, am I right?

Gore was 28 and had 1,650 carries and still performed at 4.3 yards per carry. This is the age and carries you say McCoy is done for. Doesn't count though, am I right? Not only that but the next year at 29 with 1911 carries and buckled knees and grey hair he cruised by defenders at 4.7 years per carry.

The point that you consistently try to make that McCoy is "over the hill" at 26, and 27 is laughable though. You tend to be stuck between "McCoy just isn't good" and "McCoy is over the hill" and switch back and forth whenever it suits you. Keep trying though.

McCoy has lost a step but he is still very talented.

It's just that he still thinks he can beat everyone to the sideline and take it to the house from there........and he can't.

The LB's have been getting smaller and faster and he's.....well.....just getting smaller and more prone to injury with age/mileage.

The inability/unwillingness to understand his new limitations and to then trust in how his OC draws the play up and follow the blocks to daylight is why Karlos and MG made him look like chopped liver on the stat sheet.

If a converted safety and a street free agent can do it he surely can........but as I've said there is a point where wisdom and ability either intersect or they don't.......and if the tiring muscles and ligaments can't stay intact then we may never see that day.

My point in this thread is that there isn't a precise age/wear cutoff when players decline at certain positions.........but McCoy is both in that age/wear range and showing the signs of decreased production/availability.

Frank Gore is a guy who's played in 80+ straight games.........after a HS/college career spent mostly re-habbing torn ACL's.......he's turned into an iron man.

Availability is the most important kind of ability..... but I think last year.....3.7 yards per carry........showed that Roman's offense probably masked some of Frank's decline.

I think it actually masked some of McCoy's decline also...........unless Karlos and MG are actually 5.5 yard per carry scoring machines.

proof Luck is a bust, they should trade him to us immediately and then trade Rex for Bruce Arians, Championship !!.

Arians is an awesome coach, but in this fantasy I'd promote Roman and give him a reunion with Luck and save whatever the trade would cost for Arians.