How Brady is beating defenses before ball is even snapped

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, Brady has the fastest snap-to-release time in the NFL. This article highlights that there are two, and only two, ways of disrupting him.

1) Get to him in less than 2.2 seconds.as Denver did.

2) Confuse him pre-snap, as Rex did in the 2nd meeting last year.

For reference, Taylor has the slowest snap-to-release time in the NFL.

Yes, Brady has the fastest snap-to-release time in the NFL. This article highlights that there are two, and only two, ways of disrupting him.

If we are going to talk about that we need context.

When Bills can protect Tyrod as they occasionally did, the rec gets open.

That TT stat really needs some perspective Bandit.

I just watched another cover1 focused on Tyrod. And i sure as heck have yet to forget the 2nd game of last year !

Brady is smarter then he looks. He is also very efficient.

I would agree confusing him and reacting to his motions is the best way to combat the short area pitches.

For the record, Brady averaged 1.6 seconds against the Bills last year. That's ridiculous. No chance you get to Brady in 1.6 seconds from snap. I think confusing him is really the only way about it, along with taking them to the woodshed when we're playing offense.

He is beating defenses with 4 variables

1. He is very good

2. He is very well coached

3. Cheating

4. Having a ridiculous amount of calls in his favor

Not necessarily in this order

your screen name suits you well Sir !

I would have liked to see a section which showed how certain defenses like Denver in the playoffs, or Buffalo when they played on MNF, were able to combat that offensive strategy.

I think that has to do with Brady actually being human.

For the record, Brady averaged 1.6 seconds against the Bills last year. That's ridiculous. No chance you get to Brady in 1.6 seconds from snap. I think confusing him is really the only way about it, along with taking them to the woodshed when we're playing offense.

I don't think you can expect to get to him in less than 2 seconds consistently, but you need to make it close...close enough to get hits on him anyway.

Denver managed to rough him up pretty good in both matchups.

Regardless, I think it's obvious that Rex wants to use confusion as his primary method of attack, but he wants to back it up with pressure and hits.

We'll see how well he's cracked the code this year.

To do that, you have to know exactly what the coverage is and who the open receiver is going to be even before the ball is snapped. Which you can see Brady knows...he doesn't progress through any reads, he throws it to the open receiver underneath coverage. And he knows who that's going to be. Every. Single. Time.

I wonder how he does that? <_<

To do that, you have to know exactly what the coverage is and who the open receiver is going to be even before the ball is snapped. Which you can see Brady knows...he doesn't progress through any reads, he throws it to the open receiver underneath coverage. And he knows who that's going to be. Every. Single. Time.

I wonder how he does that? <_<

It's not so much that he knows exactly what the coverage is; it's that he's able to eliminate his post-snap reads down to 2 (or sometimes even 1) based upon his pre-snap reads. He's become very good at identifying mismatches, odd-numbered situations, and 1-on-1 match-ups. It's made significantly easier with a weapon like Gronk, around whom every DC in football is basing his coverage scheme.

The fact that they cheat is merely icing on the cake.

I like the option of taking 15 yards and a few late hits that hurt a lot. I don't mean anything dirty like a knee. Just hard hits around them to make him worry. Sounds like a plan. Whats aother 15 yards. The cheater deserves it.