Dunne: State of the RT Battle Heading into Training Camp

I certainly like your positive attitude !

So I will follow your lead.

Keep in mind i am very hopeful of this Kid

I think it's possible he improves now that he's got a diagnosis. But as I've said before, I think he's best-suited at LT.

Disclaimer: I don't know Sentrel's particulars.

My 35 year old Son has Crohns Disease and has been hospitalized a couple times in the last few years for serious flare-ups. As with any disease, there are varying levels and the meds he takes now how been very effective for a number of months. Diet is a huge element -high protein, high calorie foods are generally expected to curb occurrences but it seems 'trigger foods' vary from person to person. I haven't heard of multiple surgeries involving removing -then replacing intestine so I imagine Sentrel has a serious case. Then again, he's availed a higher level of medical care than the average Joe. So it stands to reason he is aware of his trigger foods and I'm sure team Dr.s and dieticians are all over what's best for him personally.

I'm optimistic he'll be on the field by the Season Opener.

My 35 year old Son has Crohns Disease and has been hospitalized a couple times in the last few years for serious flare-ups. As with any disease, there are varying levels and the meds he takes now how been very effective for a number of months. Diet is a huge element -high protein, high calorie foods are generally expected to curb occurrences but it seems 'trigger foods' vary from person to person. I haven't heard of multiple surgeries involving removing -then replacing intestine so I imagine Sentrel has a serious case. Then again, he's availed a higher level of medical care than the average Joe. So it stands to reason he is aware of his trigger foods and I'm sure team Dr.s and dieticians are all over what's best for him personally.

Sorry to hear about your son Chandler

I'm glad your son seems to be doing well.

Just curious (You don't have to answer if you don't want to) but what are some of the triggering foods that cause problems? I know it can vary with each individuals. Also, what types of high caloric foods seem to prevent or calm episodes of the stomach acting up?

Again, I'm not trying to pry but am curious.

• 1 month later...

I wish we would just get an honest prognosis for Henderson. I know. I know. He has a right to confidentiality regard his medical issues. It is just so frustrating though. He showed flashes of very good play when healthy.

I don't think Mills is very good, and Cyrus is worse. Ay Caramba!!

Mills is OK in run blocking. It's in pass protection where he seems to struggle.

The problem with Henderson is that with Crohn's disease, there is no single timeline or prognosis. It's a very individual thing. Some people have surgery and never look back. Others have surgery and still struggle. And "never look back" for an ordinary human is different than the demands on the body a pro lineman faces. It's not just his recovery timeline and willpower to perform S&C, but the disease may impact his ability to eat enough and eat the right things to gain weight and stay at his playing weight.

There are football players who have had nice careers with Crohn's, so it can be done, it's just the disease is so individual and unpredictable.